So what's the story behind your avatar?

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 13/11/2003 16:46:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

One day I tried to draw a crime-solvin' film noir goblin. I did, and he should be sitting to the left of this message.

n3tgraph

when I joined the community I had guybrush as avatar :)

but I drew my own character, looking somewhat like myself for a game

the game became nothing, but the avatar-dude remained ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Alynn

I refuse to resize.... This avatar has been this big all his life... Why should he change!!!oneone11!1!1!one!

* Alynn dances to Bobby Brown's "My Prerogitive"

Mats Berglinn

When I was a kid I made up a character for a play once for Funny hour at the fridays in school. Me and my friends made a play about three animals that were captured at a zoo and then they escape back to the freedom of Africa. One of them was Crocis Crocodile and he was made up by me. He was inspired from Hannah-Barbera's Wally Gator and from the first Crocis had a hat and tie like Wally Gator. Years later after we have done two plays featuring Crocis Crocodile and his pals Koko Monkey and Ziri Zebra, I made comedian strips for the school magazine with him and his pals. I wanted to make Crocis my own character like Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny. Koko and Ziri weren't actually my creation, they were my girl-buddies' creations but since we didn't do Crocis Crocodile together so I took them (hey didn't mind it however). I have made a couple of stories of Crocis including two animated movie scripts and two christmas stories. There are a lot of this under construction like a third movie, a comic about Crocis and pals as detectives, a special movie with Crocis' twin brother Cayman and even AGS games. So that's why I made Crocis into an avatar. Of course I saw Crocis as a famous movie star so that's why now I have the "Blues Brothers" Crocis avatar but if you remember I used the original Crocis. Maybe I will change Crocis into other movie star but I don't know yet.

TerranRich

My current avatar is an Andorian from Star Trek: Enterprise. I scanned it in to work on a Star Trek web site and just decided randomly one day to use it and replace my ugly mug.

Pet Terry

I was wandering in the forest with my friends, when suddenly a bunch of UFO's came and tried to kill us!

Just kidding.

About a year ago I was at my friends house and we took a picture where we all looked scared... then I cropped my head and animated it.

EDIT: Man, I just realised how I look young in that picture :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Eggie

I'm not blurdy telling the whole 'Egg Head Cheesy Bird' story again!  >:(

Eggie is an egg. He is a happy egg. I am going to give him a personality...I just haven't gotten around to it yet...

WATCH OUT! For Egg: The Movie! Coming in...um...I'd say about 3 years...

I thought RE's avatar was a bear.

SSH

RE's avatar is magic: it looks like something different to each person...

Domino

my friend took this picture a couple of years ago on new years eve. I looked totally out of it, so i added a nice pair of sunglasses to cover up my bloodshot and half open eyes.

Shawn

Inkoddi

I thought RE's avatar was a squirrel with a detective's hat

Haddas

I thought RE's avatar was a dog(! ::))

I change mine every week... I have this "smileys gone bad" fetish that just has to come out in someway. I use two avatars... The first one to remember which ones I use gets FREE junkmail!!!

Inkoddi

Haddas

INKODDI... WINS!!!

* Sends 256 junkmails to your inbox... PER HOUR

Matt Brown

ooh! ooh! I have an avatar now, so I can tell a story..

ok. So...I was goofing off with my digital camera..

and there was this cool hat and bad shades on the floor...

and one thing led to another..

and bam. Panda get's his first avatar
word up

LordHart

edit: Actually, I don't one anymore... I just got rid of it. :P

Nine Toes

It's my eyeball.  That way, I know you're looking me in the eye when you talk to me.   :o  That and it shows off the barbell in my eyebrow, one of many extra holes in my body, hence the name; Bodyart.

It took me forever to find a good place to host my avatars...  But anyways, I've used this avatar too long, I think I'll change it to something more suiting to my mood.  Here we go...

Watch, I just killed this topic...

Darth Mandarb

Mine is a story about a man named Jed ...

The poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed.

Then one day he was shootin' at some food, when up from the ground came a bubblin' crude.

Oil that is.

Black gold ...

... Texas Tea.

Well, the next thing you know ol' Jeds a millionaire.  To his kinfolk Jed said, "Let's move away from here!" He said, "California is the place we outta be!"

So they loaded up the car and they moved to Beverly.

... Hills that is.

Swimming Pools.

Movie Stars.

:: insert banjo melody ::

Of course, if you couldn't tell that just from lookin' at my avatar I don't know what your problem is.

]).]v[.

Ptraci

I'd been using a Faye avatar from the series Cowboy Beebop for a really long time until I got here and saw that 90x90 avatars are too big...

I've got it resized now and I'll upload it as soon as I can. I'll be myself again ^_^

Pesty

My avatar is a sprite version of myself on the job. For a time I had a creepy picture of Carrot Top as a clown, and before that was my classic Lesko avatar. None of them have any cool stories behind them, unfortunately.

Ben, have you ever had Moxie? My parents used to know this lady who would force Moxie upon us everytime we'd go to visit her. She'd declare "It's Moxie, from Maine!!" quite often. It was quite disgusting.

I always thought RE's avatar was a squirrel in a detective's hat, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Scummbuddy

uggg god.. moxie.... so gross

its like licorice with cocacola on acid
my ex loves the stuff and when we went to maine she made me try it... wow,  its so gross, in my opinion, i detest the stuff.

but it makes a killer avatar...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk