Dialog GUI text colour

Started by , Sun 23/11/2003 20:05:44

Previous topic - Next topic

.VonCarrigan

Please!

Can anyone tell me how to customize the colours of the Dialog options? I'm using a LucasArts-style speech system. I'm not asking about how to set each characters speech colour; I'm asking how to set the colours of the different lines of text that are shown at the bottom of the screen, or inside a GUI (from which you can choose one and "say" it).

Thanks in advance.

Ishmael

As far as I know, you can't chage the color on the build in dialog topic list, but I'm not sure does changing the foreground color of a GUI effect the color of the options, when that GUI is used to display the options on.

And... I see no reason for the pleases and caps... Your post would be noticed and replyed to at some point.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scorpiorus

You can't have different colors for each option. All the dialog options use current (player) character's talking color.

Edit: ah, a bit late :)

~Cheers

Ishmael

Oops, silly me... I hit this problem once with EFL or MRC... but just went around it somehow...  ::)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scorpiorus

By the way, to set a color of currently highlighted option you can adjust GUI's foreground color.

p.s. This GUI must be converted into the text window.

Quote from: TK on Sun 23/11/2003 20:37:04
Oops, silly me... I hit this problem once with EFL or MRC... but just went around it somehow...  ::)
hmm, the only way I see is to create another overlapping GUI or something with options shown on. I wish there were a RunDialogOption() command which SSH already suggested btw.

~Cheers

.VonCarrigan

Well, TK, sorry for the caps and stuff...  I did not intend to annoy/bother anyone. It's just that I've been asking for that info and nobody ever replied answering the question, but something else.

And, Scorpiorus, I'm not trying to display each option with a different colour; I just want to be able to set the colours (normal and highlighted) for the whole thing.
But it doesn't seem to work the way you told me, cause my character's talking colour is red, while the options are displayed in blue, and highlighted in yellow (is it always that way??). I haven't tried the GUI-foreground-colour thing yet, though.

I can't believe it isn't customizable...  it has to be! I need to find out how.

Thanks to both of you anyway.

Scorpiorus

Quote from: .VonCarrigan on Sun 23/11/2003 22:44:28And, Scorpiorus, I'm not trying to display each option with a different colour; I just want to be able to set the colours (normal and highlighted) for the whole thing.
But it doesn't seem to work the way you told me, cause my character's talking colour is red, while the options are displayed in blue, and highlighted in yellow (is it always that way??). I haven't tried the GUI-foreground-colour thing yet, though.
It works for me. Try to start a new test game, create a dummy dialog and set player character's talking color and see if it works.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk