Stan and Sancho and Pirate Provencher's Gold

Started by Squinky, Mon 01/03/2004 01:04:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

SquinkyProductions Presents....

Stan and Sancho and Pirate Provencher's Gold

You play Stan, a Pirate android that travels the galaxy searching for treasure and for his creator. During his Travels, Stan happens upon a small slaving planet and rescues Sancho, a man forced into work in the mines. Sancho convinces Stan to free him by telling him about the greatest treasure in the galaxy, Pirate Provencher's Treasure. And it just so happens that Sancho has the map...

Things get complicated and Stan and Sancho find out that they may have to do a lot more than treasure hunting...

Game Info
Setting: A strange futuristic world where pirates and robots travel thru space.
Pirate Fry 3 styled gameplay
320x200 resolution
Uses Proskrito's Lec template (with modifed Graphics)
Contains Characters from our Forum, including:
Captain Mostly as the Space-Pod Computer
Darth Mandarb as a Space-Traveling Historian
And Snake, like always...

Contributors
Music by Petteri
Gui art will be redone by Darth-Mandarb
Story help (And anything else I can squeeze from him ) By Snake
Main Character Sprite Design Help by Evil

Designer Notes:

Currently I've placed about 12 rooms, which are about completed. I'm also nearly done with my design document for the first half, and the first half is so long that I may just split the game in two. Walkcylces half way done, and things are rocking along. I've got some cool effects like animated creatures in the background and a musical track that I've programmed to cycle thru Trap's music and ambient sounds such as wind blowing ect....

So, that's where I'm at today....

Designer Diary thingy
03/10/04
I haven't progressed as fast as I would like (no suprise there right?) but Darth has hooked me up with some excellent guis and some cool ideas on how to use them. Darth is so cool, we should all make little Darth dolls and dip them in chocolate...or better yet, I can use his name in my game. Speaking of which, I had originally planned on having a character named Darth play a bit part, but now, with further refinements of the story (more violence, boobs and more boobs) I have decided to make Darth a main character to the plot. Woo! So basically I've scripted about one room since posting this and worked like heel on the story+puzzles (first part done) and tried my damndest to make Darths fancy smancy-gui's work.....Wish me luck tomorrow...Please....

03/16/2004

Whelp I decided to go with Petteri for the music instead of usingg Trap's Midi pack again...I still love Traps music though. Petteri's music rocks and fits quite well so far and I think it will help me out immensly...Beside that I've done some toolling with my intro and some graphical stuff. Things are progressing well...

More news 04/01/2004

I'm at 17 rooms, and I've added a fews characters and built up the foundation for the game to run on. I think I'm in the home stretch for getting a good bit of mometum (I had been a little displeased with the begining...Oh, and Petteri has hooked me up with four cool-ass songs so far! Hell yeah!
Petteri should have his own super hero comic....

News-October 5th 2005

I have recently started fooling with Ags again. I have another game in the works, that I love totally, but I felt I should start this up again. Wrap it up, time to move on. I wasn't working on it because I had lost the design document and all the files associated with the game. Dug around in my pile of cd's though and all is good.

I'll prolly pull a Fry 2 with this, meaning I will cut it a little shorter and leave it open for a sequel. Wish me luck, I got 2 damn pages of bugs to fix, yay!

Nixxon

Wozers, this looks teh promising :P
I love those clean/crisp backgrounds, i distinctly remember the second one from the crit lounge a while back.
I also admire the borders, perhaps it's the contrast between sand/metal? S'very nice anywho :D
Keep up the top notch work squink.
;)

Moox

Thats really nice, I wish my games could look like that

Kal-El

Hi Squinky!

I love the look of your game so far and I like your interface a lot!

Your pal, Daz.

BerserkerTails

Looks amazing Squinky! I remember seeing art for this in the critic's lounge, I'm glad that the game is still in production.
I make music.

Darth Mandarb

As always, excellent.

I recognize your characters/backgrounds from previous posts in the Critics Lounge.  Good to see them in a game.

Also good to see a forum member making an appearance.

~ d

Pet Terry

Great job Squinky, can't really wait for this one :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Czar

Somehow remindes me of Dune.
And as always, looks really nice.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Squinky

Thanks Everybody! I've got a sweet looking Gui design from Darth, and other things are progressing well....

piraatlife4me

Hey Squinky, looks great! I like the look of the design of the panels on both sides. Is that a clock on the left one? A health meter?

Timosity

Cool Squinky, you seem to be always working on something (except Fry2)

Looks like a cross between Rogermonkey  Fryinstagame

Good luck & enjoy

M

Sound good. Looks good - nice trademark Squinky-graphic style. I like the wind blowing thing you mentioned, nice touch. Can't wait to try it!

Squinky

Piratelife
It's just some designs I was coming up with to make it look futuristic. I was going to have them be little gauges with moving needles...

Timosity
I have been cursed to always work on crappy adventure games, lest my testicals sprout mogwys....
It does kinda look insta-gamey...Which is, I guess because I learned a lot from Eric's tuts....I don't know...
And you see, I was working on Fry2 the whole time! ba ha ha ha ! Fooled you!

M
Cool man

I'm glad your all interested. I've bumped the thread to show what little progress I've made....

fovmester

Looks kinda cool! Pirates and Robots and Spaceships! Wanna play now!!!

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Squinky

Thanks for the comments guys, and the original post has been modified with a littel update for any who care...

Blackthorne

Squinky,

This game looks great.  Great GUI, great graphics.  I can't wait to play it.

Bt

http://infamous.iconrate.net/forums
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

AGA

Squinky

Yep, It's Snakes name...or at least the name he gives...

I have to use it, it's part of the bargain I made when I married his ugly sister...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk