It's been awhile, but hello all.

Started by Squinky, Sat 27/09/2008 04:19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Hi all!

I haven't been here in a long time, so so long.

Some of you may remember me, some may not....

That said, I have been getting the itch to create again, to unleash the monsters of my mind in game form upon this world.

Since I haven't played an AGS game in about two years, what are the "required" games I should play to catch back up?

Thanks.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Darth Mandarb

SQUINKY!!!!

Welcome back man!  As for recommended games; FoY, Amulet of Kings, Legend of the Lost Lagoon, Rise of the Hidden Sun ... oh wait, shit!!

Anyway, good to 'see' you again my friend!

TerranRich

Squinky! I got the itch again, too! ;D

Welcome back!

Ryan Timothy B

I haven't been around long enough to know you but welcome back.

I was checking to see the date of your last post and I stumbled upon something that I would enjoy seeing come back.  It was an activity thread created by Helm called Helm's Fill in the Comic Activity! (yours was was very good actually, I got a good laugh out of it).

Someone should bring back that activity. :P

Nacho

Wellcome back, Stinky! Eeeeer... I mean...  ;)

Of course we remember you. These are good news! ^_^.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

RickJ

Hey Squinky,

Good to hear from you again.   I was wondering about you  about a just a couple of weeks ago and now here you are.     ;D

Domino

You have been having too much fun with the Kool-Aid man...Welcome back bro.  :)

Pet Terry

Holy crap!

Hello Squinky, welcome back! Good to see you again, it's been a while. If/when you get anything done and need some music, you remember who to ask, right?
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

jetxl

Could this mean a new pirate fry game maybe?

Mr Flibble

SQUINKY

Even I remember you, how could we forget man? :3
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Eggie

I remember you, Squinky.
Do you remember me, Squinky?
Please remember me, Squinky...

miguel

I believe  one of your Pirate Fry games was about the first AGS game I played.
When I started with AGS you were someone I admired and respected in the forums, and back in 2003 you allready had about 3 games made!!!
I didn't post much be was always on the forums. Guys like you, Scummbudy, Ratracer, and others kept the flame alive on the forums.
I hope you return for good now.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Squinky

Hey, there's all the familiar faces!

Thanks for the welcoming :)

Darth

Darth!!!111
Heh, I really wish I could play those games :( Such is the nature of AGS I guess.

Ryan

I agree, those contest were fun. They took a lot of work from Helm though, so I could see why it isn't around now. Thanks for the greets! And it's good to meet you.

Petteri

Dude, I love your stuff. You know PM's will be issued your way when I have something going. Thanks for being so awesome :)

Eggy

Although your hijinks in time travel have altered the current events dramatically, a little part of my brain still remembers you, as it it just can't let go :)

Miguel

Thanks dude! Thats really nice of you.

I don't think I will do anymore Pirate Fry games. He was fun, but I think I need to move on from that :)

As things stand right now, I have a fully scripted out Fry 4 game. I've started it over and over, and I think I just need to scrap it, maybe cannibalize it for a future project.

I also have Stan and Sancho nearly done, but at this point it is so dated, and it has an air of anti-productivity to it, I am just going to move on the the next project, and chalk it up to learning.

But it's good to be back, glad to see these forums are still as friendly as ever. I was a little intimidated to come back :)

Gilbert

Wow! I wasn't aware that you wasn't here for that long. I though it was just a brief period.

Anyway, welcome bakcxklsdhsjkskak!

edmundito

Squinky, just do what I do: Pretend you never left ;)

Hey guys, remember last year at mittens when we ate too much candy and ended up in Montreal? Yeah, good times.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

ManicMatt

Hey bud, good too see you again!

NEVER LEAVE US AGAIN!!  >:(

Nah just kidding.

Ali

Hello again Squinky!

I don't know exactly how long you've been away, so my recommendations may be of no use. I would suggest any of the games made by the Ivy, Spooks, Nanobots, and Mashpotato, A Cure For the Common Cold, Beauties and the Beast, as well as Bernie's games including Cedric and the Revolution and Reactor 9.

Quote from: miguel on Sat 27/09/2008 15:16:37
I didn't post much be was always on the forums. Guys like you, Scummbudy, Ratracer, and others kept the flame alive on the forums.

With Ratracer also back, it's like a return to the time when I signed up too. Except now instead of the government giving me student loan I have to pay them! What a world.

Huw Dawson

I have returned somewhat as well. Not as if anybody remembers me...

I need a new avatar.

- Huw
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk