Windows 11

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/08/2023 11:30:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

So, I've upgrade all AGS games of Wadjet Eye Games to 3.6

We were contacted by a person having an issue.

"Whenever I open them the screen has green stripes all over it. It's nearly impossible to see anything else.  Microsoft Windows Version 22H2 (Microsoft Windows 11 Home)"

Any thoughts?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Please tell, does this depend on the selected gfx driver, and if yes then which one has this?

If they were also able to run previous versions of this game, do they also have same result or no?

Does anyone else around has Windows 11, who can try this game, and if yes, do they have same effect?

eri0o

@Khris I believe has been using Windows 11 with AGS for a while.

I had an issue with green stripes on Intel in Ubuntu a long while ago, but it affected everything - so not just AGS.

I wonder if exclusive fullscreen and desktop fullscreen makes a difference and the different graphics driver (Direct3D, OpenGL and Software).

Khris

Win 11 Pro 22H2, Geforce GTX 1660 Super

I downloaded the Demo version from the website and gave it a try (AGS 3.21).

-In windowed mode I couldn't move the game's mouse cursor at all.
-In x2 fullscreen I could play fine using either DirectDraw5 or DirectX9. The latter mode didn't properly capture the mouse though; the windows mouse cursor appeared above the game in addition to the in-game mouse cursor.

I tried an old 3.21 game of mine and couldn't play it at all. It refused to open fullscreen (resolution isn't supported), probably because it's a 16bit game, and in windowed mode I couldn't move the in-game mouse.
Changing the color depth to 32bit fixed both issues.

So no green stripes here at any point, but anything less than 32bit seems to cause a bunch of issues if the engine is an older one.

I never had any issues with newer versions of AGS; I've been using Win 11 for at least a year now and never had any problems with 3.5 or 3.6.

eri0o

@Dualnames were you able to solve this issue? Did you figure what was going on?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk