[Results] HOURGAME 19/1/2017

Started by Babar, Wed 18/01/2017 16:47:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

uhm... hard choice. (wtf)

3 points: Radiant, as he managed to get the most game play out of it. And yes, it's too cold to go outside! (laugh)

2 Points: Babar... mostly cause he managed to make a game with some puzzling to work out... And the sun also shines in winter... I should now, I was on the beach with my son bathing our feet just two weeks ago... in the middle of winter! (roll):-D

1 Point: I'm slitted between gameboy and Ibispi. Really loved the art of gameboy, and portraits... however took me one click to find the shovel. :-\ Ibispi on the otherhand, took me a few secs to figure out how to play... so in the end I enjoed Ibispi fust a tad more, since there's actual gameplay here. So he takes the point.

Sox, what a lovely animation! The first ever bouncy snowman! (nod) Pitty you didn't put any game play. :~(

Ps - Babar got a -1 point, for making his game in 16 bit colour mode. :P

EDIT: Lot of programmers over here... make a DB with themes, then a small website, that picks a new theme every hour... then you can run the hour competition during 24 hours. Participants just need to pick the hour that fits them and the check the theme when the hour they want is up. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ibispi

Thanks to everyone for playing, voting and participating.
The voting has ended and this is the final ranking:
1# Radiant
2# gameboy
3# Ibispi & Babar
4# Soxy

Danvzare

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 19/01/2017 21:47:33
Lot of programmers over here... make a DB with themes, then a small website, that picks a new theme every hour... then you can run the hour competition during 24 hours. Participants just need to pick the hour that fits them and the check the theme when the hour they want is up. ;)
Wouldn't that just result in a lot of people winning by default, since almost every contest would only involve one person if anyone at all?

My idea is that the contest gets announced, and anyone who wants to participate works together to choose a date and time, then the winner of last month's contest chooses an exact date and time based on what other people have asked for. Then at the exact time the contest starts, the theme is revealed.

Moving on though, congratulations Radiant on winning. I'm still impressed that you were able to make such a fleshed out and rather large game in such a short time.
And an extra congrats to gameboy, those graphics were awesome considering the time they were made in.

Cassiebsg

No, voting would only start after 24 hours... the point was "make a game in an hour." the Theme is mostly just to stop ppl from jumping the gun...

Oh, and congrats to all! Just by participating you are all winners. (nod)

@Radiant
If you wish to flesh out your game here's 3 suggestions to make it better:
1 - Add a timer and a record. People just love to beat their times.
2 - Replace the displays with a bubble and icon of what the characters want (and you just made the game playable by small kids, that can't read yet. ;)) You can leave the "intro story" as parents will be glad to read that bit to their kids...
3 - Make a win GUI with some sparkles/firework picture/animation, display the time, the record (maybe flash "new record" if the player just set a new record) and a button for "play again" and another for "quit".
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Radiant

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 20/01/2017 15:58:18
Oh, and congrats to all! Just by participating you are all winners. (nod)
Yes! A Winner Is You All!

QuoteIf you wish to flesh out your game here's 3 suggestions to make it better:
Thanks, maybe I'll put some more time into this. It'll also need a title :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk