Hourgame Saturday, October 3rd [winners announced, yay]

Started by FSi++, Sat 03/10/2009 11:38:31

Previous topic - Next topic

FSi++

Quote from: Eggie on Sat 03/10/2009 19:04:31
Ah, IRC. Damn, I thought it'd be happening on Stickam.
Oh well, too late to start downloading and setting things up now.

I'll be there next time, duuuuuudes.

http://mibbit.com is your friend!

Eggie

Ohcrap. ArrghhhereIgoIguess.

Bulbapuck

Done!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?timzjozoeyi

I'll see if I have time to add music, will update in that case.

EDIT: new version with music: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=36b35ee96a4d5ad20dec85adfe0a530ae04e75f6e8ebb871

EDIT2:
I forgot to say: 2 endings ;D

Eggie

And I have... failed.

Yep. Tried to make a wac-a-mole type game and couldn't get the code right. Tooo baaad.

Mazoliin

Gord10

Games are art!
My horror game, Self

bicilotti

Tried to script a game where yoy had to avoid burgers and sex and gambling in order to study. Rawdraws failed me.

Akatosh

Okay, FSi's ISP is being wacky, so he has some more time to finish the upload. Feel free to play the other entries already, though.

FSi++

Quote from: Akatosh on Sat 03/10/2009 20:31:55
Okay, FSi's ISP is being wacky, so he has some more time to finish the upload. Feel free to play the other entries already, though.

'45 minutes and counting to upload 586kB' doesn't fall into 'wacky' under my classification, but since this could be read by children I have to agree on this term.

Upd: appears to be uploaded by now, http://misendeavour.com/fsi_studygame.rar must be the url of it. Music tomorrow, if the so-called internet service provider would allow me to.

Akatosh

Alright... all the games are there, so let the voting commence! (And end exactly 24h from now. Refer to the timestamp.)

FSi++

OK, my connection got back from the land of dead and I managed to upload the full version. This is not an updated version of the game, all the music was made within the same hour.

Merlin the Almost Dark Wizard

ThreeOhFour

I have played through both FSi's and Bulbapuck's entries, and both made me giggle like a schoolchild.

Sadly, I am having trouble downloading Mazoliin's and Gord's entries. I will try downloading them later, otherwise it seems a trifle unfair to vote after only being able to play half of the games.

QuoteTried to script a game where yoy had to avoid burgers and sex and gambling in order to study. Rawdraws failed me.

That is the bestest game idea ever!

FSi++

Mazoliin's second link (for an updated game with music) is broken, but here's a pack of all I could get:

All four games in one archive, 2.6MB

ThreeOhFour

Ah, splendid, thank you FSi :)

Having consumed the final two games (whilst also consuming milk and a terribly unhealthy sandwich), I shall now go into a short discussion of each one, before announcing who my vote goes for.

Bulbapuck: All the hallmarks of a true hourgame - a colour palette picked from a set of neon children's crayons, rather odd storyline and insulting the player when he/she beats the game. Good job!  :D

FSi: I was impressed by your custom interface (that must have taken a fair portion of your hour!) and I found the ending really amusing - that I didn't see it coming is both awesome and something I am perplexed by. An hour well spent!

Gord10: The fact that there was no ending was slightly disappointing. However, I was actually quite impressed by the game's mechanics themselves. I enjoyed the way you didn't bother with animation and just had a number of still images. I would probably really enjoy playing a longer game in this style, actually. Very creative!

Mazoliin: Nice graphics and interesting concept! It would have been fun if you had hidden a super secret special ending in there (if you did and I didn't find it, then ignore this  8)). Impressive work for a one hour game, anyway!

With my short examinations of each game complete, I announce that my vote is hereby placed towards FSi's tally. Thanks for the games, folks!  :D

Gord10

Quote from: Ben304 on Sun 04/10/2009 09:37:38

Gord10: The fact that there was no ending was slightly disappointing. However, I was actually quite impressed by the game's mechanics themselves. I enjoyed the way you didn't bother with animation and just had a number of still images. I would probably really enjoy playing a longer game in this style, actually. Very creative!

Thanks!
I could barely complete the game in one hour, it would take one more hour to prepare animations.
But being with no ending is intentional, I couldn't express the main idea of the game better.

Voting for Mazoliin's Study Tree, because I loved the graphics.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

FSi++

I'd vote for myself, but I really can't, so Mazoliin's Study Tree it is for all the zen meditativeness it contained.

Bulbapuck

Quote from: Ben304 on Sun 04/10/2009 09:37:38
... insulting the player when he/she beats the game.
That's the bad ending ;) Thanks for the kind words :)

This one was really hard, but I think my vote goes to FSi Because I think that ending was awesome ^^
Good job guys!

Mazoliin

Ben: Sorry, no secret ending, so you can stop looking for it.

And it's a tight draw between FSI & Gord10, but I'll vote for... Gord10! That game is so true to reality.

Matt Frith

Hmm its  tough choice, but I am going to go with Mazoliin's entry since I love the character and want to see more of him!  Well done and congratulations on a second week of New Hourgame!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk