Mittens 2012 Anaheim - August 24-31 - Dave G was there!

Started by Disco, Wed 21/03/2012 15:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Even us more important people demand photos. Not necessarily of Prog's foot blisters, though.

Snarky

I'm back and awake after falling asleep almost the moment I got home. Unfortunately that means I'm almost exactly 12 hours out of sync with local time...

Zurich is cold and rainy, a perfect contrast with Anaheim. The Coca-Cola is neither Mexican nor with Rum. My apartment has no pool.  >:(
I hum Bohemian Rhapsody softly to myself.

'Twas a great Mittens in most ways, I thought. Nice to meet the new (to me) people; Dave, Janet, Christina and Shane; and to see the other old friends again. All group activities were like herding cats, but then they always are. Only thing I really regret is getting sunburned on the first day so I had to stay in the shade or inside for the rest of the week. It was over all too soon!

Sorry to leave the cleaning to the rest of you, and sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to Dave and Janet. I didn't even know you were sick, Dave. Hope you get better! Thanks to Francisco for getting up at an ungodly hour to give me a lift to LAX.

To those Mitteneers working on various games (whether they demoed them or not), I hope you got inspiration and motivation to make progress. I know I did!

See you all (ALL!) next year in Germany!

abstauber

We've just arrived at Laguna Beach (yay, free Wifi), so I can finally leave a message here :)
Thanks for the great time, thanks for the hosting and super special thanks to Ken, Francisco and Dave for driving us all over LA.

Btw. yesterday we almost spend 12 hours in Disneyland, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah  :=

Disco

After a lovely drive up and a night spent at the Hotel Fiesta Backseat, I made it to San Francisco just fine and am now at SFO waiting for my flight to Minneapolis. Will hopefully be home in about 8 hours. Updates and possibly a photo or two tonight or tomorrow :D

Andail

DoorKnobHandle

Next time in Germany, is that what I'm hearing? If so, SWEET! Finally I might be able to make it! :)

Can't wait for pics, going through Mittens photos has almost become a yearly tradition to me, sounds like it was a blast!

Miez

After the longest train ride of my life (34 hours - I make no jokes) I have arrived in Seattle. A proper city, not like the freeway spaghetti/palmtrees/sad concrete buildings mess that is most of LA :D
I had a great time this Mittens ... it may have been a little more quiet and laid back but we did some truly awesome things and I had a blast seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Also: hat shaped birthday cake and atomic fireballs. Wow.

Next year Germany? I'm so there :D

cat

Good to hear you all had a great time! Next year Germany? I'm in!

Dave Gilbert

A normal day at Mittens, wrestling tentacle monsters in the pool.

Grundislav

Hooray Mittens!  A slight change of pace this year, but a great one nonetheless.  Good seeing all the old faces and meeting the new ones.  I return home with a very pronounced California tan and jet lag.  Oh well, back to work.  See you next year!

Igor Hardy

Quote from: dkh on Sun 02/09/2012 16:27:27
Next time in Germany, is that what I'm hearing? If so, SWEET! Finally I might be able to make it! :)

Oh, that would be great! I'd probably make it too then.

m0ds

Glad to hear it was fun, pics or didn't happen x2! That could be Dave in his private rooftop pool for all I know!!! :) If both Igor and Bicilotti go next year I will definitely be there, because they both look like the same goddamn person and I respect that! Shigaddy shigaddy shwa!

LimpingFish

Hooray for Mittens! I was sad not to make it this year, but I'm definitely up for Germany. Somewhere in the Black Forest region would be extra awesome.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AGA

The Black Forest is quite hard to access unfortunately.  Unless lots of people are willing to drive from civilisation, of course.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Here are my photos.  I meant to take more videos but at least you get one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86564054@N05/

AGA

Forum titles are now up to date.  Although I've changed them, since I was running out of options.  Good luck working out what they mean!

m0ds

Dude, they are all messed up still :P

AGA is
Mittens Marquess
Mittens Monarch
Mittens Monarch

Progz is
Mittens Serf
AGS Project Admins
Mittens Marquess
Mittens Monarch

I am
Mittens Founder
Mittens Marquess

:P

AGA

The messedupedness isn't related to the actual titles people have set, it's a bug in the overall forums titles system.  I'll fix it eventually!  Rest assured you actually all have the correct titles in theory though!

LimpingFish

Quote from: AGA on Wed 05/09/2012 14:10:32
Rest assured you actually all have the correct titles in theory though!

And yet...I'VE STILL NOT GOT MINE! >:(

Excuse me while I go bite down on this rubber brick. Grrrr!

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AGA

Quote from: LimpingFish on Thu 06/09/2012 00:37:57
Quote from: AGA on Wed 05/09/2012 14:10:32
Rest assured you actually all have the correct titles in theory though!

And yet...I'VE STILL NOT GOT MINE! >:(

Excuse me while I go bite down on this rubber brick. Grrrr!

For some reason you and Monsieur OUXX didn't have a title.  Apparently CJ hates the Irish and French?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk