Looking for scary 2d adventure games..

Started by SquirlyGirl, Mon 05/01/2015 04:57:16

Previous topic - Next topic

SquirlyGirl

I really love horror adventure games. I really have a craving for a good 2d adventure horror game right now.Adventure 2d horror games that I played, Home, Wretcher demo(feel like ive been waiting years for that to be released) Lone Survivor, Downfall, Yumme Nikki, Entire 5 days a stranger series, The Cat Lady, The Last Door. im sure i have played a lot more than just that, but those are the ones that stick in my memory. If anyone knows of some very scary 2d/8bit adventure games please let me know! :) I love atmospheric games. thanks for suggestions! I have loads and loads of 3d adventure horror games but for some reason i enjoy 2d ones more.

Frodo

Mehrdad

Darkseed 1
Darkseed 2
I have no mouth and i must scream
(All of them Not AGS games)
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Babar

Something that's a bit different which you might like is Year Walk.
It is currently even featuring in the Humble Weekly Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Mandle

Shadow Of The Comet!!!

A very good but very frustrating Lovecraft-themed game released waaaaaaaaay back in 1992.

The game has an amazing story, a great Lovecraftian mood, but suffers from a rather broken interface and a severe lack of telegraphing hints: You can be within a hair's-breadth of the right solution to a puzzle and the game will just sit there and stare at you.

If you can struggle through the interface issues and don't mind probably using a walkthrough now and then, you should find a game full of mystery, horror, chaos, paranoia and just good old Lovecraft themes, in a town which actually feels quite alive and vivid with its cast of rather eccentric characters...

Unlike a lot of Lovecraft stuff however you WILL actually get to confront some of the horrible entities full-on: The horrors don't hide in the shadows as just vague hints forever: which is also refreshing for a change...

I won't provide links here as I'm not sure of the policy in AGS of links to certain sites, but I'm sure a quick google search will find you some downloads...Or PM me if you need more help finding it ;)

EDIT: Oh and make sure you get the full CD version as it has full voice acting and sound effects which the floppy disc version lacks...

Gribbler

The Lost Crown - that one was really spooky.

Monsieur OUXX

It wouldn't count as a 2D game but Alone in the Dark was really cool and atmospheric. I assume SquirlyGirl only meant she doesn't want to play triple-A FPS.

Stupot

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 06/01/2015 13:37:19
The Lost Crown - that one was really spooky.
And on the same note, Dark Fall and Barrow Hill were great.

Mati256

Clocktower, If you don't have an SNES you can use an emulator and Rom.
My Blog! (En Español)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk