RAT - 2004-2008

Started by , Fri 28/11/2003 16:52:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mats Berglinn

Hey everyone.

I'm working right now on a Day of the Tentacle fan-sequel called A Tentacle Hero.

The Story: A year has past since the events of Day of the Tentalce. Dr. Fred have made two more tentacles to ease the house-hold, experiments in the lab as well as motel crew. One day, Dr. Fred's evil twin brother, Dr. Dread and his robot cohort, Mecha Tentacle, barges in the mansion to kidnap the tentacles for a world-domination plan. Green Tentacle sends an emergency letter to Bernard, who immediatly goes to the mansion together with his friends Hoagie and Laverne, as well as Benny, his nephew.
Arriving at the mansion Dr. Dread and Mecha finds the tentacles and is about to kidnap them when Bernard pushes Green out of the way and get himself captured. Satisfied with his catch Dread and Mecha returns to their secret lab. Green Tentacle, Hoagie, Laverne and Benny uses Dr. Fred's latest invention, the Phoney-Porters, telephone-booth-like teleporters to get to Dread's lab but the main unit for the porters short-curcuit and forces the porters to land in differnt parts of the world: Green back to the mansion, Hoagie to Dorkshire, England, Laverne outside Cairo, Egypt and Benny to the outskirts of a village in Amazonas, Brazil. It's up to Green and the friends to fix the Phoney-Porters to save Bernard and the Tentacles and the world as well from Dr. Dread and Mecha.

Screenshots so far (I've other screenshots but something went wrong with them, I'll put them up as soon as possible):

The game are in pro-beginning of the production, that is I've made a lot of rooms, done minor scripting and have some animations done and got backgrounds (I've got an background artist, he's Joelphillippage) but the story and the puzzles are mostly done comceptually, maybe around 75 - 80 %. Some rooms, backgrounds, sprites and characters have been ripped from DOTT but most of the game will have original materials.

What I'm looking for: For the moment I'm after sprite-artists and/or animators who can do character and object sprites in DOTT or DOTT-esque style and as well as animate them.
If you're interested, then please contact me as soon as you see this, through messages or e-mail. I would be very grateful if some of you can help me with this BIG project.

Thanks in advice, Mats.

Radiant

Hi, we're Crystal Shard. You may remember us from such games as A Tale of Two Kingdoms, META, and Warthogs.

(/troymcclure)

Anyway, we're looking for a musician / composer to write the background music for a short fantasy game. One tune, approx 3 minutes. Please PM me for details if interested.

RedBlob

We're looking for beta testers for Anticipating Murder 2, Part I. The game just under 50% complete, so I'd like people willing to test just the first half for now (starting from next week).

It has 3D graphics, and a somewhat mature storyline (so please be 16 or up), with hokey humor. I haven't started to promote it yet, because I want to wait until we're further along. The game is now 38MB uncompressed.

If you're interested, please PM me. :)

Jon

=========
Randothraw
=========

The human race is dying off and there is no way to stop it. A race called the Maruk have declared war on all humans and will not stop fighting until all humans are finished.
But one hope yet remains for all humans, but there is a mystery that has to be unraveled  before mankind can finally have peace.

Help needed!I and Terrorcell (Team leader) need a team that is willing to continue on this game until it is completed.
We need:
*An background artist (who can draw backgrounds similar to 7DAS)and fast!

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Mail Terrorcell at finalalert@hotmail.com OR just PM (personal message) myself or Terrorcell.

The current story will be released to anyone that agrees to join the team.

m0ds

Artist required for several GTA style close-up pictures of people in the hood, etc, for a short game to be released this side of Christmas. If you're interested and have time please PM me. No animation needed, unless you want to try it. CHEERS :)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Renegade Implementor

Hello,

This is for Reality-on-the-Norm, and what we're looking for is someone who can do style conversions on existing pieces of art.

Specifically:

A character artist who can create characters based on a general style (see link below for examples).  The characters would need walking and talking frames.
http://ron.the-underdogs.info/images/misc/roncharstyles.gif

A background artist who can, again create backgrounds based on a general style (see link below for examples).
http://ron.the-underdogs.info/images/misc/ronbkstyle.gif

Anyone interested can PM me.

Cinfa

The Mars Initiative
Still looking for help! We need someone who can write the plot (there's already a sketch) and all quizzes.

Here is a screenshot, just to show you that we actually have some graphics done:
Chemical Lab

A 30 sec video meant for some kind of chapter separator.
Contact me with a PM or via messenger, if you are really interested and have time to put in this project.

EDIT: We found a lot of helpful people, so thanks everybody and keep an eye on our "AGS Games in Production" topic.

Vince Twelve

Edit: Thanks Auriond!

kookaburra

Hi!
I've been playing around with AGS for a while now and am looking to embark on a reasonably hefty adventure game. Like everyone else, I'd rather not divulge the details, but hey, if I don't, how will I get any help?

The game I'm working on is a Christmas adventure game (which won't be done by this Christmas!) where you play Santa (think puzzles involving machines making presents at the factory, and actually delivering presents into houses). It's planned to be like Simon the Sorcerer - light hearted and funny, but also trying to capture the "magic" of Christmas.

I can handle the programming and music, but graphics are not my forte.

So any background or animation artists, I'd like to hear from you! I'm working with placeholders at the moment, but decent replacement graphics would be fantastic!!!

Examples :
Backgrounds required : Every room in Santas House, the workshop (machines, benches, tools), people's houses

Animations/Sprites : Santa (doing all sorts of actions - walking, turning, bending etc), Mrs Claus, Elves, People, Reindeer, Sleigh, Christmas trees, anything and everything Christmas!

Voice actors (Santa / Mrs Claus / Elves etc) will be applied for at a later date.

If you'd be interested in helping out, feel free to give me a yell : shane.hockings@gmail.com

Cheers!
Shane

FSi++

Artist needed.
Desperately.

I am making a little christmas-themed game. And it's almost finished (I was making it for the last christmas as well). It's in 320x200, with cute 2d pixelartish graphics, cute little characters etc. You could've seen it - I was demonstrating a demo/beta/whatever a while back.

What I need is a person to draw some (2d) full-screen pictures to use as a cutscenes, dialogues (like in Secret of Monkey Island, I think). No need to animate. Not more than a dozen of pictures (I'm still counting them).

Style? Whatever suffices for small, childish, bright and colourful game. Probably manga or comic-style.

PM. Email. ICQ. IRC. Any IT-related way of contacting me is fine.

JimmyShelter

I'm looking for some fellow aspiring game makers.

People following the Critic Lounge recently might have noticed: I've been practicing my sprite drawing the last few weeks.

Some of the results of my most recent drawings (Search the Critics Lounge forum for more recent work):

One thing I noticed: I'm getting quicker, but I'm still not very fast. I do want to make a game, but at this rate it's gonna take a while. As you can see I'm a decent sprite artist. I'm a professional programmer, so although I haven't scripted much in AGS, I'm confident I can take that part on me.

What I'm looking for are one or more people, who, just like me, are willing to start making a game and finish it. Especially people who can draw in a style similar to mine and with some great imagination.

Well, enough rambling: Basically I want some sparring partners, who can help me, and who I can help, to start and finish a game.

PM me, if you're interested, or if you have some questions. I'd love to hear from you!

td

My demo in english so it is necessary competent english tester (im not english).
Mystic first person quest. Engine -  AdventureMaker, 21Mb.

auriond

I'm looking for someone who can give me advice on puzzle design and game design in general. My background is in storytelling, so I don't design puzzles too well. So what I need is someone who is experienced in adventure game design, to tell me if what I'm planning is too easy, too difficult or just plain not making sense. Please drop me a PM or email (webmaster[AT]themarionette.game-host.org) if you're interested and I'll provide more details. :)

Terrorcell

For all of you who know the classic version of 'RAMPAGE', I am trying to re-create it using AGS but I am having troubles with the scripting/coding.
I am looking for a Sripter/Coder to help with the coding part of the game.
If you would like the job then just PM me or email me at finalalert@hotmail.com.

Thanks, Terrorcell.

P.S. Alot of the artwork is aready finished and only a little bit is left to finish.

Dualnames

Well, as you might be already aware of I'm creating Lone Case 3:Showdown.
I was about to voice act on this game but for the sake of the world I choose not to.
Anyway we have some roles left. Two minor one medium.
And there is Manuel Calavera cameo appearance that needs a voice as well.
PM me if you want a description of the characters or you need more info in general.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Peder 🚀

Hello,

My name is Peder Johnsen and I am currently working on a short first person game known as Companion..
It was intended to be a MAGS game but because of my lack of art skills (taking to much time with GFX), I decided to take it out of the MAGS competition and get myself an artist.
And I did, Nihilyst joined me and started doing the background art.
It has been in production now for almost a year, though it has had times without progress at all.
(Caused by me moving to another country...)

But now we are back working on it and things are going good!
But we need someone to do the character art!
Here is a background where we need a bartender and a person sitting by the bar drinking. (both aliens as it is on another planet.):

As you can read on the picture its not gonna be walking characters, most characters in the game are stood in one place, and will mostly only have idle animations.
Nobody will talk as all the conversation is happening in the main characters head (the characters do talk but its the main character telling the player what is being said.)

So if anyone is interested in doing a try please PM me!

Hoping for a reply!

Thanks,
Peder Johnsen.

Play_Pretend

UPDATE 01/25/08:  We've found our composer, and our team grows even more uber-international, spanning America, Canada, Cuba and Slovenia! :)  Thanks to all who wrote in!

Snake

Hello everyone,

I posted this in the GiP forum but my thread keeps sinking down to the bottom so maybe this will help me :)

I'm looking for a MIDI Music Composer for Castle of Fire (Thread here).
The game is completed aside from the music and a highscore screen. I'm very anxious to release this game since I was supposed to release before the end of the year to enter it in the AGS awards :(

I'm looking for a dark, adventurish, midievil-ish, rock-ish and fast-paced soundtrack. Confused? ;)
It will consist of 10 songs. They will all be pretty short so hopefully it won't weigh you down.
I originally wanted the soundtrack to sound like an NES game, this isn't nesessary but if you can do this, then that would be a bonus and I'd love you even more!

For additional inspiration you can always watch the teaser trailer on YouTube and come up with something that way.

Please PM me if you are interested. Sample tunes are always welcome.

Thanks in advance,

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

LordBlazeMcLeary

... Team Recrution!  Horror-ish games, multiple projects so I'm looking for perm help.

I have a writer and a technical guy, I need some one on graphics and sound.  The way my tech is going, I'll need some one to aid/replace him soon, I think..

Here's the spin on those since it's a bad idea to say what I need and run.

Graphics - Must be able to make semi-realistic characters (not TOO cartoony), animate backgrounds and be proficient with effects and gore since we do primarily horror games, and I have 2 horror style plots for 2 projects in mind.

Sound - Must have access to sound editing software and know where to find sound effects (or make them :0).  We'll also need music, so they should be able to compose midi files or some manner of effective music.  This person will need to be introduced to voice actors, to make a work system with them - ALL of my games, due to personal standards, will be fully voice acted.  I will find the voice actors myself.

Tech - While we'll likely be using the AGS engine, some one with programming knowledge or something to that area will be extremely useful.  Plus, I'll need some one to share the compilation work with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk