Character set view problem

Started by SLaMgRInDeR, Sat 03/05/2003 12:53:09

Previous topic - Next topic

SLaMgRInDeR

hey, i've just started making my first AGS game, and i have a realy stupid problem: when you make a new character, (not the one you control) it comes up with the same sprites as the one before, but how do you change this, as i cant see a change image button like on the new inventory item, and i cant import over the sprites, as that would charge the first character as well. ive checked through the characters part of the tutorial, but i cant see anything about that, i know it sounds stupid but can som1 tell me how to change it?
Thanx,
SLaM
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Ishmael

I suggest you create a new directory in the sprite editor, like if your char is called "Mike", make a dir called "Mike" (To make sure you know where to look for the chars sprites...) and import all the sprites for your char in that dir. Then go to the views pane and create a new view. Like in the player chars views, set the sprites to the loops to make the animations on walking. then go to the characters pane and set the chars normal view to the view's number you just created....  :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Jimi

Well, first, Non-player-characters are called NPC's for short. (a bit of lingo  ;)). Secondly, there are "set view" buttons. You can click on the "change walking view" and type in the view you want. It's the same for the rest.

Take a look at this. Read through. It will help ALOT!

Good luck,

Dan.

SLaMgRInDeR

thanx, but now when i try and set it as the view, i can only select 1 and 2, if i type it in, it goes back to one! and yes, i made sure it has 4 frames.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )  )   )

Scummbuddy

Have you made new views under the views editor?  

And please, use a more descriptive subject title when posting questions in the future.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

SLaMgRInDeR

Sorry, but i didnt realy know it was about views, so i didnt know what to call it. and yeh i made the view under the views editor.

Edit: i fugured it out now, i missundersood jimi, its fine now.
(  (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Ishmael

[offtopic]You could add that "(  (  ( <( -_-)> )  )  ) " into your signiture, so you don't need to type it in every time...[/offtopic]

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SLaMgRInDeR

yeh, i could but i dont want to, im used to typing it and i kinda enjoy it now!  ;D
(   (   ( <(=-_-)>)   )   )
*he even goes tribal sometimes!

Ishmael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk