Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/10/2012 10:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

bustee

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 10/10/2012 16:49:20
> Take lamp and search tent for a gun

You're from Texas, right? :D

> Take lamp, gas mask filters and then wonder that your gun is not where it's supposed to be :)

cat

Ponch

Quote from: bustee on Wed 10/10/2012 19:04:59

You're from Texas, right? :D

> Take lamp, gas mask filters and then wonder that your gun is not where it's supposed to be :)

Darn tootin'! As a Texan, I don't get out of bed until I have cowboy hat on my head and a gun in each hand.  :=

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: cat on Wed 10/10/2012 19:20:00
> read letter
I +1 this.

BTW am I seeing things, or the lamp is not lit at all?

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 10/10/2012 19:47:00
Darn tootin'! As a Texan, I don't get out of bed until I have cowboy hat on my head and a gun in each hand.  :=
... and a lamp in the third. Err wait, that would be Nevadian then.

WHAM

> Read letter

You thoughts turn, above all else, to your family back home. You pick up the letter you have been storing in your backpack, the one you received shortly after your arrival in Tripoli.
The paper is worn and frayed as a result of the many times it has been read. Despite being short, the words within have given you strength to make it through many a difficult day.

"Dear Hans,

I hope this letter find you well, despite the distance.
Erma and Björn send their love to you as well.

I'm sorry I haven't written to you before, but it has been hard for us as well.
Hilde and her family, surely you remembed them from the summer before the last, fled Ruhr because of all the bombing and they have come to live with us for now, so the house is busier than ever.
There have been lots of talks in the news lately, I'm sure you've heard, of the Americans entering the war. We all pray and wish for the best, and the news tell us that the Americans, as well as the English, are being shot down more and more, but we still hear the bombs in the night.

I want you to not worry for us, all is well and the bombing is far away from us. Instead worry for yourself, and come back to us alive and well, like you promised.

You have to write as the soonest, I fear little Björn has not been handling your last letter with too much care and there is little left of it. I tried to scold him, but couldn't, as he had actually been displaying the letter to Erma outside and had tripped when trying to show little Erma how to march. There was mud and twigs and leaves everywhere and we all could not stop laughing.

With love and longing
Your Hanne"

You have gained the trait: HOMESICK

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Frodo

Tabata

Since Hans needs this letter for his mental health (and has no other paper to write onto, also a pen is missing) it would be a bit difficult to write a letter right now. 
Isn't he wondering about the missing action/noises all around?
Someone might need help or we might need to hurry because of a bomb outside is ticking or ...

.. so I'd prefer to search for more items later (if everything is okay and safe) and do some research first

>  (carefully) take a peek outside of the tent to get an idea what is going on         

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 11/10/2012 16:50:24
+1

Lt. Smash

+1

bustee

Baron

I for one have come to reject my former "Get Lamp" dogma, and I just wanted to communicate my reasons so that no one else falls into this strategic pitfall and accidentally gets this action accomplished.  For starters, the lamp would be useless without the means to light it (although there is an outside chance we might create a spark by banging our spork on the mess tin).  It would therefore present dead-weight, and the marginal surplus exertion required to lug it around may well spell our doom out under the blazing desert sun.  Secondly, in the event of an attack by those tutu wearing pansies in the eighth army, a lighted lamp would not only provide a distinct target, but also present a serious hazard should it be struck by a bullet: those glass shards would certainly make for some wicked slivers, to say nothing of the combustive fury of the lamp oil.  Finally, there is a danger, admittedly remote but conceptually feasible, that there might be an evil genie trapped inside the lamp.  You know the type: mischievous, chaffing, and intent on twisting the intent of the wisher through some feigned allegiance to literalism in order to give said wisher -his supposed master- his "just" comeuppance.  Therefore friends, I think it undesirable to undertake possession of the lamp at this juncture, and do hereby strenuously advise and counsel that it be given a wide berth.

> avoid lamp       

MiteWiseacreLives!

Fred7162

+1

Misj'

Quote from: Tabata on Thu 11/10/2012 16:50:24.. so I'd prefer to search for more items later (if everything is okay and safe) and do some research first
Still..safety first...so put on the crucifix pendant and grab yourself some silver bullets...if there are any. But I'm pretty sure no one in the German army would forget these when they're on a quest for the supernatural. Which they surely are. So

> wear crucifix pendant (and grab those silver bullets...and the holy water in the field bottle).

NightHawk

+1

WHAM

> (carefully) Take a peek outside of the tent to get an idea what is going on

You fold the letter from home back into your backpack, careful not to cause any damage to the worn paper, and decide it's time to figure out why it's so quiet all of a sudden.
You poke your head out of the tent, the bright mid-day sun hurts your eyes as you glance around.

You can see the campsite, consisting of a total of four numbered tents. On the western side of the camp, tent I is the command tent, tent II is the crew tent in which you were sleeping. On the eastern side of the camp tent III is for storing and studying objects from the archeological dig and tent IV is the mess / field chapel. On the EAST side of the camp is the small area designated as a vehicle depot, although there is currently only a single vehicle there. To the WEST is a path, if you can call it that with all the shifting sands, leading to the ARCHAEOLOGICAL DIG.

The only sound you hear is the soft flapping of the tent cloth in the faint wind that rolls through the desert. Nothing seems out of place as far as you can see from here, unless you count the fact that none of the other soldiers are anywhere to be seen. You wonder where they've all gone and why...

EDIT: Oh, and sorry for the lack of updates. Who would have guessed that a game like XCOM might be somewhat addictive and cause me to lose sleep over several days as I try to keep these goddamn... GODDAMMIT! NO! BAD TROOPER, STOP MISSING! OH NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE GONE AND DONE, MY BEST HEAVY TROOPER IS DEEEAAAAD!!!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Baron

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk