Mystery Chain Story - Sign up!

Started by Stupot, Sun 06/06/2010 02:40:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Hi all.
The last Chain Story was so fun, I wanted to do another one and I had a cool idea so have taken it upon myself to host a new one.  The dust has barely settled from the last game so I hope you're all still in the mood.  I was going to wait a while, but I'm going to start getting busy from July, so now's really the only chance I've got to host it.  Vince has given me some great advice on how to go about this and I would love this game to be as successful as his was.

I'll give more detailed instructions after sign-up, but the basic concept is this:  In each author's part of the story they must introduce a mystery or pose a question of some kind.  After that, each author is tasked with writing a conclusion to one of the stories (there will be teams) which cleverly solves all of the mysteries while bringing the story to a satisfying conclusion.  The authors who manage to wrap the stories most ingeniously up will win the booty.

It's a fairly simple concept and I think there will be some interesting results.

If you'd like to be part of it please let me know here.  I'll need your Email address, which you can leave here, or by PM or by email (stupot815@gmail.com)

I'll give it about a week, and if we have enough people the game should start on about the 13th of June

Cheers :-)

[EDIT]

Andail has kindly offered to design some trophies.
-Thanks, dude.

Signed up so far: (13)
DanielH
Tzachs
Ascovel
Bulbapack
Vince Twelve
Wyz
Privateer Puddin'
Darius Poyer
Discordance
TheJBurger
Macay
Fsi
Wonkyth

tzachs

I'm in  :)
tzachshabtay@gmail.com

Igor Hardy

I really like the concept, so I want in. :)

igor.hardy at gmail.com

Bulbapuck

I have no clue as to how my schedule looks for the following weeks, but I'll say I'm in still.

jakobk@student.chalmers.se

Wyz

I'm in ;D

edit:
Ow and I forgot to mention that my address is in my profile.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Privateer Puddin'

I'm in, simpo87 at gmail dot com

Darius Poyer

I will join this adventure as well. email in my forum profile.

discordance

TheJBurger

I'm in (as long as you start after June 9)!

email: thejburger (at) gmail (dot) com

Stupot

Quote from: TheJBurger on Sun 06/06/2010 22:46:07
I'm in (as long as you start after June 9)!

No worries.  It'll most likely begin at some point next saturday night/sunday morning.

In other news, something is rattling in the fan of my laptop.  I hope to hell it doesn't pack up on me now.

ddq

I'd really like to participate seeing how well the last one went, but I can't commit until I get my schedule worked out. If I can, I'll edit this post with my email.

Stupot

Would someone like to design some trophies as well?
Jim, you're welcome to have another go, or would somebody else like to have a go?
PM me if you're interested.
-Thanks

FSi++

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Vince Twelve

I'm excited for this to start.  It'll be nice to be just a participant this time!

I hope some more people sign up.

(cleverly disguised bump)

Stupot

Right-o
Anyone else interested?  As it stands we've got a good number of people - enough for two teams.  But I'd love to make that three teams.
I'm gonna give this sign-up period until Midnight on Saturday night UK time.
The contest proper will commence some time on Sunday.

Stupot

Right-o II
Last call for sign-ups.  Any more for any more.
The game begins in 90 minutes.
After that,
this thread can be locked ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk