Technique : Bog

LUniqueDan

Idea - cat

Atmosphere - Bog

Design - cat

Composition - Bog

Functionality - Ben

Technique - Ben
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Bulbapuck

Idea - cat

Atmosphere - cat

Design - bog

Composition - ben

Functionality - cat

Technique - bog

Snarky

Idea - Ben
Atmosphere - Ben
Design - cat
Composition - bog
Functionality - bog
Technique - Ben

raddicks

The votes are in, but before I announce the winner I will break down the winners in each category...

Idea: Cat wins with 6 votes
Atmosphere: this was a close call but BoG wins with 3 votes
Design: Bog wins with 4
Composition: BoG wins with 4
Functionality: Ben wins with 4
Technique: Ben wins with 5

overall votes : Cat with 11, Ben with 16, Bog with 15.

This is a close call, I'm not entirely sure who is the winner, BoG wins with the most categories but Ben wins the overall votes. Therefore, Ben is the winner. Maybe you two should work on the next background blitz theme together?

Anyway, heres a summary of the entries.

Cat: the idea is quite ambitious, it is a little let down by perspective and technical aspects but otherwise a very nice background, I don't think it is an easy picture to visualise the details so its a good attempt.

Ben: Interesting entry, certainly workable in an adventure game, it could have perhaps a little bit more background detail but it definately is nice and crisp. good job!

BoG: I think this entry was pretty good, nice dott-like perspectives, there is a sense of exploration. Perhaps the colours need a little shaking up.

good luck guys!

bog

Quote from: raddicks on Wed 28/01/2009 10:31:14

This is a close call, I'm not entirely sure who is the winner, BoG wins with the most categories but Ben wins the overall votes. Therefore, Ben is the winner. Maybe you two should work on the next background blitz theme together?

no, i'm cool with ben picking the next theme, i want to participate on the next round as well and don't have a great idea for a theme either

you're right about my colors, they're starting to bother me too. it was all kinda rushed

congrats Ben!

ThreeOhFour

I had fun entering this one, and enjoyed the other entries.

Great work guys, I will make another comp soon :).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk