Puzzle Time "THE SILVER BLADER" 22th-29th

Started by yaron, Wed 22/09/2004 11:41:57

Previous topic - Next topic

yaron

the rules are very simple, i provide a scenario along with a list of items, you need to solve the scenario by using those cretaive juices youv'e been wasted so far on decriteve desktop wallpaper.
after a week voting begins, and the winner get's to decide the next secnario for puzzle time along with the rules for that puzzle.

Scenario:
Done It Duncun, was notoriously the worst thief in Ankh-Morpork, and he was having a very bad night.
It seemed like a perficly good idea at the time to rob the Guild of Fools and Jesters of there silver blader. After all, he resoned, why did they need a silver blader,
where as Done It Duncun had so much good use for it like melting it down, selling the silver, and then turning himself in for the reward money.
So Done It broke in to the Fools guild, and being the worst thief in Ankh-Morpork, he forgot to bring any equipment, and worse, can't remember how he got in there in the first place

Help Done It Duncun rob the Fools Guild of there Silver Bladder and escape from the guild house in one peice
(the Fools Guild holds many various locations such as: the jugelers gymnasioum, the pie-throwing practice range, the hall of faces (the recored hall of every offical clown face is painted there along with who it belongs to), the dormitory, the courtyard and so on)

Items:
The Silver Bladder
An Inflatable Dart Board
A Whoopie Coshine
A Bucket of Whitewash
3 Sticks of Trick Gum
A Chinese Finger Trap
A Broken Water Squirting Flower
A Pair of Musical Wide Trousers
A yoyo
Suspenders
A few Flees

you may add 3 additinal items of your choosing

the only rule on the items is you must use the Silver Bladder in your Puzzle.
note that there can be as many in-room items, locations and characters as you feel necicerry.

let the Puzzling Commence

edmundito

Throw away useless inventory
Walk slowly
*somebody's coming!*
Hide, either in the shadows, or behind something and duck
*person keeps walking *
Interact with Silver Bladder
* oh no! someone saw you do it*
Hide
* guy comes and gets confused*
Sneak out
Beat up guy watching
Optional:
  Pick up guy
  Drop guy in shadows
Sneak out

:D
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

DragonRose

Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Eggie

PICK UP DISCWORLD GUIDE

THROW DISCWORLD GUIDE TO HORDES OF CONFUSED AGSERS

USE MONKEY WRENCH

Ashen

USE Inflatable Dartboard on Duncan to inflate it.
USE Inflated Dartboard on nearby statue.
    Anim: Duncan hangs Dartboard on nearby statue, steps back and throws a dart.
    DUNCAN: Oh! It burst.
PICK UP Deflated Dartboard.
PICK UP Silver Bladder.
USE Silver Bladder on Deflated Dartboard, to get Suspiciously Bulky Inflatable Dartboard.
    DUNCAN: A crude disguise, but effective.
    DUNCAN: (I hope.)
EXIT: to Hall of Faces.
LOOK AT Faces, until:
    DUNCAN: Hey! This one's in black and white.
USE Trick Gum on Duncan (you didn't say what the trick was exactly, so I'm making it like a chewable 'Dirty Face Soap') to get Trick Gum Ink.
USE Whitewash on Duncan.
    Anim: Duncan tips the bucket over his head.
    DUNCAN: Well, I look like a dripping white fool.
    DUNCAN: But not a dripping white *Guild* Fool.
USE Trick Gum Ink on Duncan:
    DUNCAN: Hey! I look like that clown.
    DUNCAN: Creepy, but it won't fool anyone.
USE Musical Wide Trousers on Duncan.
    DUNCAN: Now I look like a proper clown!
    DUNCAN: Go ahead, laugh. I'll wait.
EXIT Guild of Fools and Jesters. But quickly, before the paint starts to peel.

Quick and crap. Might also be 4 extra items, if you count the Inflated Dartboard as different from the un-inflated, Inflatable version, and the broken, Deflated one.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

yaron

Net Monkey: out of personal curiosity what exactly were you doing with the SILVER BLADDER when
Quote from: netmonkey on Thu 23/09/2004 05:50:33someone saw you do it
?
how did your interacting with the SILVER BLADDER draw his attention?Ã,  ::)

Eggie: you forgot to use the SILVER BLADDER in your entry, add "GIVE Net Monkey SILVER BLADDER" or similir and it will be fine, i mean there's only one rule about inventory to make an entry valid :P
ps
where do you get your inventorys that allow you to hold Net Monkey at your disposal?Ã,  :P

Ashen: I congradulate you on being the longest and most detailled entry so far, you might call it crap but personally i liked the way you made your disguiseÃ, 

think what you want but it's gut 2.5 valid entrys in a bit over a day, and personally all the entrys have so far have made me laghe (please excuse spelling mistakes)  Ã, 8)

yaron

Sorry about the late postage only just got back
Well We got entrys appling for the chance to make the next puzzle
Choose the one you like best,
and may the best win
Voting ends in 24 hours from now

BlackMan890

Jonatan Nilsson
860 Iceland

Please go to www.simnet.is/elinnils52 and download my non ags/adventure game :)

Eggie

Yes, ashen. Disguising yourself as a clown is always comedy.

Blade

Studies show that 50% of the people do not know they form half of the society.

yaron

Ashen, congratulations on your victory
NetMonkey and Eggie, good show
this puzzle is closed
how do you lock this?

Ashen

Woo Hoo!
Thank you yaron, blackman890, Eggie and lelev for confirming something I've suspected for a while - I do, in fact, rule.
I'm away tomorrow (Friday) night, so look out for the next Puzzle Time late Saturday / early Sunday. If I can come up with something, that is - maybe Whitby will inspire me.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk