Sprite Jam! :: apr 12~19 :: Mars Cafe

Started by Stefano, Wed 12/04/2006 20:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordalles

this guy belong to the gang of the merciless, controllers of the galaxy.

77x118, 19 colours

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Saberteeth

-13 cols with bg color included
-100X50 resolution

Rokh'unk III, the last offspring of the 'unk tribe. His mother Shr'unk and his father H'unk are from the planet Malthophia in the Quarintos galaxy. He often visits the Mars Cafe because of his business with his "legal" associates. With the help of his companion, Bezzebers(I hope it's not a trademark, Mr_Frisby ;)) he will one day rule the universe! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hmm, I'm kinda a fan of dark colors and don't acctually know why...

Jeft blooooo dfgh pincharrr? (Do you like it?)

Anghellic

<<<< look at my lovely bubble ^_^[/color]
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

Haddas

Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 12:09:42

AAAAH!!! AAAAAAAAAAH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Anghellic

Quote from: Haddas on Mon 17/04/2006 12:14:33
Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 12:09:42

AAAAH!!! AAAAAAAAAAH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

are you trying to rape this thread?? what's wrong??
One night I dreamt a white rose withering, a newborn drowning a lifetime loneliness

Saberteeth

You destroyed the hope of anyone else to win the sprite jam. In other words, your pic is too good. ;)

AAARGHH!! NOOO!!! I WON'T WIN!!! AAAAHHH!!!!

EDIT: For a fake. :P

Haddas

Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 12:32:16
are you trying to rape this thread?? what's wrong??

"AAAAH" as in "GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!!"

Gilbert

KristjanMan

Anghellic how many colors did you use? I'm to lazy to count.
- They are all from AGS coloringball

Anghellic

Quote from: KristjanMan on Mon 17/04/2006 14:17:07
Anghellic how many colors did you use? I'm to lazy to count.

only 16  ;D

skw

Hmm... not to be jealous, but did you make everything by hand? Pixel by pixel? It must have been really exhausting. Which software did you use? Where was the inspiration? Put some info about the image you made.
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Anghellic

Quote from: Skurwy on Mon 17/04/2006 15:15:39
Hmm... not to be jealous, but did you make everything by hand? Pixel by pixel? It must have been really exhausting. Which software did you use? Where was the inspiration? Put some info about the image you made.

- yes

- yes , it was so much work yes!! Took me from somewhere of the start of topic untill now.

- Paint and paintshop pro.

- Men In black: It's a bit of a mix of monsters from the movies and some of my own fantasy.

- well need anymore? If it's a story you're after I can still think of one

skw

Quote from: Anghellic on Mon 17/04/2006 15:28:01(...) well need anymore? If it's a story you're after I can still think of one

No, I was just asking. Thanks. GREAT sprite, reminds me of HR Giger artworks.
a.k.a. johnnyspade

airgo

Till now i was only reading the ags forums. Here i felt like i should register and tell you guys that Anghellic's sprite is from the snes game "Super Probotector - The Alien Rebels"

MashPotato

>:( >:( >:(

Now that's just sad.
Was your previous sprite in the sprite jam a fake too?Ã,  I gave you the benefit of the doubt on the terrible colour quality... now I feel like an idiotÃ,  >:(

EDIT: to justify my post, here's my alternate (unfinished) gold trophy I didn't use because it was too big: ... sorry Stefano, you almost got a nekkid mermaid, but you'll have to make do with the dolphin ^_^

Stefano

MashPotatoe,
Now I won't have boobies on my signature...  ;D Can I draw boobies on your dolphin? hahahahah. Just kidding.

All of you guys,
This trophies thing was a cool idea, from one perspective.
On the other hand, some people seem to be willing to do anything for a trophy. I mean, I do like the trophies, but I always have joined the competiotion because I like it. That's my main motivation.

It's the first time I see a rip-off sprite apear on a sprite jam. Maybe we should think this trophy thing over. We had less entries the way it was, but every single participant was actualy willig to enter and loosing, just to have a little fun.

Let's not turn this bright competition into a predatory thing.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Afflict

Very very dissapointing i think just disqaulify them forever...

Nacho

I agree. One thing is to missunderstand a rule or something like that, like tracing, or using old work, dunno, that kind of things.... This is simply a dirty cheat. Maybe (EDIT: A disqualification) not forever, but for a month, or some period.

I doubted when I saw the amazing sprite for the first time, but I thought, as many others, that I was assuming too much and giving the benefit of the doubt was the correct decission. I am not specially happy to see I was right about my reluctances, I feel disapointed, actually.

Airgo, someone might feel tempted to post that making an accusation as a first post is disgusting. If someone aks me, I will deffend you, thanks for this.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk