Sprite Jam! :: apr 12~19 :: Mars Cafe

Started by Stefano, Wed 12/04/2006 20:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Anym

OK, OK, I admit that I reused an old sprite I made back when I was working on The Great Giana Sisters (that Mario sprite is actually a hack), but my promise that I made it myself still stands. It was quite hard to get the C64 to display more than 16 colors, I can tell you.
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

sergiocornaga

What the hell is that screenshot even from? I thought Mario was only on Nintendo systems... a hacked screenshot of a hacked game, perhaps?

Scummbuddy

Yeah, I didn't really notice it until I was done. It is weird, but it was like the first one to pop up on google image that fit what I wanted and I was too lazy to do it over.

And now back to our regularly scheduled Sprite Jam o' Fun!
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Anym

Quote from: SergioCornaga on Tue 18/04/2006 03:40:59What the hell is that screenshot even from? I thought Mario was only on Nintendo systems... a hacked screenshot of a hacked game, perhaps?

Like I said, a hacked version of The Great Giana Sisters, see http://almighty.c64.org/games3.html
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Floskfinger

My first entry in quite some time. Had alot of time over at work and felt like joining the competition.

This guy (by pure coincidence) just happend to look alot like Barney Gumble from the Simpsons. Haven't figured out a name for him or anything like it.
Belive it's 30 colours and within the pixel restriction.

Dancing madly backwards on the sea of air...

Afflict

Glad to see were back on track with the pics.

Well heres another entry was having some fun... :)

Its Garr the Bouncer here at the mars cafe.

You try and find suites or this guy where his mouth is man thats some taylor made stuff...

Floskfinger

Stefano

Flosk,
You character reminds me of the Barney Gumble guy from "the Simpsons"!

Everybody,
Cool and abundant entries so far. We will have trophies since I've promissed.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Floskfinger

Yeah iknow that's why I wrote it in my post :D
didn't mean for him to look like a simpsons character but I guess every place needs a Barney Gumble typ of guy?

Saberteeth

FruitTree

Krysis

Quote from: FruitTree on Wed 19/04/2006 09:55:03
can I still make an entry today?
Do it fast! Before Stefano comes around.Ã,  ;)

FruitTree

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I've been working on this sprite for the past day and noticed there aren't any human types represented in this cafe!  Shameful.

Colors: 18

Everyone, meet GIRL 6!

Alter Ego:  Girl 6!
Father: Daryll Kener
Mother: Starr
Known Powers:  Through concentration Sunset is able to spawn up to 5 duplicates of herself that each behave and act according to her will, though lately the 5th duplicate has been showing signs of resistance.
Known Weaknesses:  It takes physical energy for each duplicate Sunset creates, energy that can only be replenished by food and rest.  Extreme use of her power could prove fatal.  Also, the duplicates can only function within a radius of 1200 ft. currently before they phase out of existence, and maintaining them for more than an hour is a great strain.

She also carries a small stun pistol at her father's behest.

Known Enemies: The Party Crashers (Matt Traction, The Fool, Rubbdubb, Flaxia)
Height: 5'4" (or 32' if all duplicates stand on her shoulders)
Weight: 42 GMU's (Generic Mass Units)
Eye Color: Amber
Species: Human/Coraxian crossbreed

Background:

Sunset was born on the distant station Goliath VII, a giant roving Earth Union military base sent to Corax Prime during a planetary crisis in which the Coraxians, through long seclusion and mass inbreeding, were no longer able to reproduce with members of their own species.  Fortunately for the Coraxians, however, a few human soldiers on furlough could not resist the stunning beauty of the natives and discovered (much to their dismay) that human males and coraxian females could somehow reproduce.  Shortly thereafter an accord was made and thousands of horny males signed up to 'aid' the desperate Coraxians in their quest for survival; Sunset was the product of one of the first such couplings, and after extensive study for defects or malformities was allowed to be raised as a normal child.

For all intents and purposes, Sunset appeared to be a normal, healthy human child (aside from a highly-tuned set of pointed ears inherited from her mother) and nothing seemed out of the ordinary until her 15th birthday when her cells suddenly began to divide at an alarming rate, ultimately creating a twin!  Terrified of this strange doppleganger, Sunset ran from her home only to return later to find the twin had disappeared.  Later it was discovered that Sunset could, at will, create up to 5 duplicates of herself, though with limitations.

While at the Mars Cafe with her friends, Sunset encountered the boisterous Starball
champion Matt Traction and his crew of misfit ne'er-do-wells, the so-called Party Crashers.  When they attempted to get rough, Sunset unintentionally summoned her duplicates which operated from her burst of anger and battered Traction senseless, making them instant enemies.  Sunset is currently the head cheerleader and founding member of Girl 6, her own team that cheers on Crash Russell and the Rocket Titans in their frequent matches against Matt Traction.

Chicky

That's some beautiful pixeling Progz.

biothlebop

X2

The Spaceboobs are (intelligent) native creatures of Jupiter that weigh practically nothing and float through space with their mouths open, while the other end passes gas that enters the front cavity. On Mars these creatures are kept afloat due to the lower gravity and do not have to produce as much hydrogen to stay in the air, just enough to keep their respiratory system running.
The Spaceboobs enjoy gaseous alcohol and are known to pick fights with anyone under the influece, but since their only means to fight back is to produce nauseationg chemicals, they usually retreat and thus are considered cowards with big mouths.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

FruitTree

just in time!
here's my entry:

X2

170x250 - 14 colours

proving (though progZ beat me to it) that space is also for chicks!
she's the mars café thursdaynight live act! Feist!
I always thought Feist was way to beautiful for an earthgirl, she HAS to be from another planet!

if you don't know who feist is, go buy "let it die" by Feist right now you cheeky monkeys!

Peder 🚀

SantAlien

This is one of Santa Claus helpers on Mars.
The beard is real and the reason he still got his christmas hats on is cause he been in the Cafe since christmas day drinking drinks.

Stefano

Today is the last day for posting your sprite. Will anyone need a bit more time to finish something? I can postpone it a bit more.

EDIT: I didn't have time to close the competition yesterday and will only have time to close it tonight. Sorry about this guys...  :-[

So, tonight: closure and trophies!!!! Yay.
Trying to make my first AGS game.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk