Teh spriteh Jam!1! 4-8-2004 to 11-8-2004

Started by InCreator, Fri 03/09/2004 19:40:44

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm asking you to draw historical warfare with a (historical) mistake in it.

Something like on that picture I drew few months ago...

It could be just anything that shows
* warfare related stuff
* and has mistake on it

It could be a fighter plane with a simple kids slingshot, a modern tank without cannon, but a swordsman mounted on instead... or a clubman with a bazooka... just whatever. Imagine yourself making sequel to Age of Empires game and being really drunk at the same time...

Since topic is sick enough, no restrictions to color amount.
No harsh limits on image size, just make it smaller than 300x300.

And since I love animations, they're especially welcome!

Good luck. This topic will self-destruct (erm... lock) in 8 days.

Mephistophilis

Tis only a Quick Entry:

the Historical incorrectness? Not immediately apparent, but everyone knows cavemen wear ties! What else did the flinstones tell us!
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Sam.

i could have sworn i posted an entry
anyhoo. here ya go again
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

SpacePirateCaine

Combining his Eishin-ryu iaido quickdraw speed and the brutality of the chainsaw, Chainsawmurai was one of the most feared foot-soldiers in Japanese history.

Unfortunately, he was no match for Scud-Ninja.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Krazy

Quote from: Zootyfruit on Fri 03/09/2004 22:36:41
i could have sworn i posted an entry
anyhoo. here ya go again

Er call me dumb but I don't see what's "wrong" with this picture.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Privateer Puddin'

Quote from: Krazy on Sat 04/09/2004 11:40:28

When in the matrix did neo have a bow and arrow?

Mephistophilis

It was at that bit... you know... with the Zombies? no wait wrong film.

Sam.

*sigh*
that was what i was aiming for. I guess if you haven't seen the fimls though. And have been on pluto for 10 years.

Eggie

That picure has given me inspiration for something rather amazing, zoot.
Thanks. ;D

Chicky

Krazy

Quote from: Privateer Puddin' on Sat 04/09/2004 11:41:34
Quote from: Krazy on Sat 04/09/2004 11:40:28

When in the matrix did neo have a bow and arrow?

Oh! Sorry I've never seen that movie  :-\ Guess that's why I didn't get it.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

CoffeeBob

Tis my entry for the competition:
Normal Size:

2x Size:

It's a futuristic, bulky-looking robot with... A spear?? =P

Sam.

if eggies is the best, i should win by default for being his inspiration.  ;)

Mephistophilis

Hell, I want to see something that beats Caine! shall be most immpressive if it does.

Ali

The Charge of the Light Brigade was a historic warfare mistake, but perhaps not of the kind this sprite jam demands...

Here's a not-really-an-entry.

Can YOU spot the historical innacuracy? Hollywood couldn't...

Yes, of course it's missing a noteworthy homosexual mathemetician.

BOYD1981

i just noticed something, shouldn't those dates be 4-9-2004 to 11-9-2004...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

InCreator

"Historical mistake", BOYD.
At least SOMEONE noticed :D

Moox

Edwin Xie

Huh? Aren't submarines supposed to be invented after they did the enigma code?
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Moox

Edwin, Subs are ancient compared to the enigma code, in the civil war: 1840s there were subs. The enigma code was a german code. The code was cracked after a raid on an a you boat in which they found the code book. Thats why I ment the subs origin is the historical mistake.

Holy Shit, that text style spelling changed "u" in "u"boat to you

Edwin Xie

Oh....now I know what text style spelling is....
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

SierraFreak

Not to pick nits, but the very first submarine was built in the 1600's, and the first time a sub was used in combat was in 1776, by an ehem American built submarine.  It wasn't successful, but it was a valiant effort.

On the Enigma topic, I thought the inaccuracy in the drawing was that it was an American sub's effort responsible for cracking the code.  As in the movie U-571.  I like the movie, but it's a complete farce.  I'm American and will be the first to admit that it was British efforts that cracked the code and recovered the first Enigma materials.

Okay, I'll stop getting off topic now.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Flippy_Unplugged

I still can't believe they did that. I mean... they're just ARSES. Y'know? Hollywood arses.

Yes.

Elianto

Ozwalled

Scud-Ninja beats Chainsawmurai, you say? Okay, I'll bite.  :=

Or, in case you prefer to have one, with a (really lame) background:

InCreator

Huh-
*one more "huh"

Well, It's really hard to decide who beats who.

I liked the entries, but--
best were the Scud-ninja and Chainsawmurai.

And while Scud-ninja is alot more detailed and maybe a bit cooler too, Chainsawmurai fits the theme better and is somewhat more masterfully made. The simplicity combined with near-perfect shape. Just look at the hair or pose of Chainsawmurai! They feel REAL.

This is what made my final decision.
SpacePirateCaine wins!!!

SpacePirateCaine

Wow, I'm honored! My apologies for not responding sooner to this, I was actually away camping in the mountains, and didn't realize that the Sprite Jam competition ended while I was still away. Thanks a lot for choosing Chainsawmurai - I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I'll get started on the next Sprite Jam very soon, if I can just figure out how I'm supposed to get authorization to start a thread.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Privateer Puddin'

You just start one, then this will be locked.

Edwin Xie

To start one, you have to win a sprite jam competition and then you will get authorization to start a sprite jam, then this one will be locked.

SpacePirateCaine

Ah, fair enough. I hit the 'start new topic button, and there was a big, bold message at the top of the page telling me that I didn't have the authorization I needed to start a topic in the forum. Ought I just to ignore that?

Privateer Puddin'

Yeh ignore that, I would think that is for when some one wants to start a whole new competition (which they need to check in gen gen first)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk