TuzzlePime - Winner Announced

Started by Eggie, Tue 17/08/2004 16:33:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Hah. I bet you all thought I'd forgotten.
Well...I had...UNTIL JUST NOW!

You should all know he rules by now, I give you a situation and a problem and you, using your awesome puzzle designing skills must think of a way to solve the problem using only the items i say you can and a limited amount of new ones. The more inventive an intricate your puzzle is...the better. I won the last competition by roughing out an entire small game design document.
The person who the votes declare the winner gets to choose the next Puzzletime competetition.
We spiffy? We spiffy.

This weeks competition shall be:
ESCAPE FROM DR. DRILLE

You are a ten year old child (any gender) and you have managed to give teeth like a collander. So, your mother takes you to the dentist: Dr. Drille!
The game begins in a waiting room, but feel free to take it anywhere you want. Just keep the title in mind 'Escape from Dr. Drille' so don't make the game a love story between a pickle and a sickle or something.

Here are the items you can use, you don't have to use all of them:
A PICKLE
A SICKLE
BOTTLED LOVE
A TOOTH
A DRILL
AN OUT OF DATE MAGAZINE
A PEN
A NOTEBOOK
A HADDOCK
A SEVRED HAND
A RUBBER GLOVE
A NAMETAG
A LOLLIPOP
ONE ADDITIONAL ITEM OF YOUR CHOICE
Remember, these are just inventory items, rooms, immovable scenery and characters don't count.

Additional rules: You can only start off with one inventory item

Well, I've allowed quite a bit of freedom this time so...LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!

lightman

Quote from: Eggie on Tue 17/08/2004 16:33:55I give you a situation and a problem and you, using your awesome puzzle designing skills must think of a way to solve the problem using only the items i say you can and a limited amount of new ones.

Ok the situation is you are a ten-year-old kid in a dentist's waiting room. And the problem here is... what exactly?

And I think new people occasionally join the forum (*cough*), so you can't assume that everyone knows the rules. :P

Ginny

Well, even though I've never had any trouble going to the dentist, there are many who are afraid of him/her(:D).
'Escape from Dr. Drille' as a title pretty much sums it up. "Aargh, noo, not the Drill(e)!!" So the goal is to escape from the dentist. Wether or not the kid succeeds is up to the designer ;).

Glad this Puzzle Ti... I mean Tuzzle Pime is back on track ;)
I'll be sure to enter! :D
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

lightman

Yes, naturally. I just meant to point out that Eggie did not actually describe a problem. There is nothing to stop the kid leaving the office. So you actually have to invent the problem and the solution. :P Maybe it's just because I haven't tried this before, but it seemed incomplete to say "I give you a situation and a problem" and then to describe a situation without one. Just an observation.Ã, ;)

Ginny

Good point. But since using: -'Bye mom.', exit clinique- for a puzzle isn't interesting, we'll have to think up obstacles for the kid ;).

In less obvious cases the problem should be clearer, though.

P.s. I'm taking a leaf out of Eggie's book and working on a complete game playthrough for this :).

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Mephistophilis

Kepp in mind I've never tried this before:
Starting with Sickle, in Reception area.
PICK UP Out of Date Mag.
USE Out of Date Mag on Receptionist Table
*Receptionist becomes deeply interested in Mag*
STEAL Receptionist's Pen
STEAL Receptionist's Nametag
STEAL Receptionist's Notepad
USE Pen to Forge Nametag
USE Pen on Notepad to Forge "New Orders From Dr.Dentinstein"
SNEAK into Supply Closet
TAKE White Coat
TAKE Rubber Gloves
TAKE Bottled Love
RETURN to Reception Area
LOOK Old Man
"It's an Old Man drinking Coffee from a Thermos Flask"
LOOK Thermos Flask
"The old man picks it up every so often, It's steaming."
USE Bottled Love on Thermos Flask
*Old Man becomes LoveStruck by the Receptionist*
LOOK Old Man
"He's so Lovestruck, He wouldn't notice the Building Collapsing!"
USE Sickle on Old Man
*You Slice the Old Man's hand off, No one appears to notice.*
USE Severed hand with Glove
USE Dentist Disguise
Go to Surgery
*You are stopped by an Apparent Bouncer*
"I don't Recognise you, You can't Go In."
GIVE "New Orders from Dr. Dentistine" to Bouncer
"I just got Here, New Orders."
*You are Ushered into the Surgery*
*Dr.Drille offers a Handshake*
USE Severed hand in Glove wtih Dr. Drille
*Dr. Drille shocked by your removable Hand Goes catatonic and Collapses*
TAKE Drill
USE Drill on Drille
*You remove all the Dentist's Teeth, Return to Reception and Doff your Disguise*
Receptionist:
"I'm Sorry Dr. Drille needs to be rushed to hospital, please come again."

Ta-Da!
Is it too long?
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

Haddas

No, I've seen answers 5-6 times longer. That one is quite good in my opinion. One of the few I've actually completely read.

Mephistophilis

Yay! I just went and Read someone's Regarding ms. Maryannesallylou or something and it was a hell of alot longer.

Eggie

Yesh! Very good. Used lots of the inventory items to. :D

And I haven't defined any obstacles because I want to allow lots of freedom. The last  puzzletime I ran only got two entries and I think it might have been because I designed a whole environment and put objects in it rather than let the contestants create something that could they could fully call their own, which is kind of what this activity is about, creativity.
So this time I'm just going to let people create their own interpretation of the situation.

ADDED AFTER A 'WHILE YOU WERE TYPING SOMEONE ELSE HAS REPLIED' MESSAGE:
The Marysallyannelou entry was mine, it won me the competetition and some random guy asked me to design his game for him. YAY!

Mephistophilis

It was a Funky (And VERY long) story.

I just thought it was common sense that your mum or the Receptionist or someone would stop you leaving. Maybe it's just me.

Ginny

I had pretty much the same idea as to the obstacle. Good entry, Mephistophilis! Funny how combining the severed hand with the glove seems so natural :P

Mephistophilis

I'm so proud now. It even has an Indy reference, Hell I should make it a minigame! then Trading cards, Action Figures, Fully Fledged Consle Shoot 'Em up, not forgetting at least 4 sequels...... I'm going over the top, aren't I? heh

Eggie

You forgot the saturday morning cartoon series with japan-produced movie spin-off.

Mephistophilis

Knew I was missing part of the Franchise! and Also a Sell out Sequel done in Full real time 3d with Bullet Time and Guns and Robots and Terrorists and Conspiracies and....

Is no one else going to enter? It's not as fun if I don't get call someone a Loser, heh heh.

Ginny

I'm entering, don't worry ;). Just need a bit of time. Should be ready by tommorow, or the next day.

Mephistophilis

Now I wish I hadn't said that.... :-\

Eggie

I was sort of hoping for a better turnout than this.

I guess it was foolish of me to have dreams... :'(

(Enter now...if only out of pity!)

Haddas

Fine

LOOK in trashcan
"Ooh! there's a gun here!"
USE gun on MUM
*bang*
USE gun on RECEPTIONIST
*bang*
USE door
THE END!!!

...what?

Ginny

Lol.
Mephi: I was gonna enter anyway :D
Eggie: There is still time ;) A few days left. Now that I finished my theory post, I have more time for this :).

Ginny

Okay, it's ready, just gonna type it here. I accidentally posted before i finished writing :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk