Cosmos Quest II: To Find a Sun - The game is removed by its author.

Started by Iliya, Sun 11/05/2008 08:53:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliya

Thank you Rui 'Trovatore' Pires. The bug is fixed now.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

BTW -

Spoiler
I sabotaged the alien ship by the bar. Did I have to do that? What did I accomplish? I was just playing by ear at that point. Did it actually do anything?
[close]
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Iliya

If you don't sabotage the ship, later the pirates attack your ship. When you look at the sign in the room with the landing leg, the game tells you that maybe it's pirate sign, and you realize that this ship belongs to a dangerous species. So its a reason to sabotage the ship.

Quote from: Rui 'Trovatore' Pires on Sun 18/05/2008 12:13:32
BTW -

Spoiler
I sabotaged the alien ship by the bar. Did I have to do that? What did I accomplish? I was just playing by ear at that point. Did it actually do anything?
[close]

Blinkin

This is, just like the first one, a great game.
There's just one problem: I'm notoriously bad at arcade and still want to finish this game! Isn't there a code or something to bypass the arcade sequences? Please?

Mordalles

fininshed. well done game, kinanev! great space vibe, and the sounds and atmosphere really made me feel i was in space. looking forward to the next one.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Meystari F

I finished that game on saturday.  Graphics and sprites was really good.  The Game story is great.

All of the arcades games was too fast for me. So that is the only minus I can give this game. Overall this game are going to be classic game wich is good. Look forward to see and play the sequel of this game.

I give this game 3 star of 4.

zenassem

Quote from: Fribbi on Sat 17/05/2008 10:03:58
Good game so far while I am still playing it.

Error nr 1: I can't push on any buttons to get out of the computer image screen on the screen...

I just downloaded this game yesterday and wound up with the same issue. I could not exit from the computer when I realized that I did not know the password yet.

Is this a bug? Or Is there some other way to leave the computer?

Being new to all of this I am not sure if it is possible for game developers using AGS, but is there a way to expand the click zone to move to the next screen (ie. right and left)? I have found it somewhat frustrating to have to move my cursor to the extreme edges in order to advance rooms.

Other than that, great game so far. Really enjoying it and it brings me back to the first time I came across Space Quest  in the early 90's.

neon

Yes, it's a bug. kinenav sent me the password, but I accidently deleted it after I finished the game.

Iliya

It's not a bug! I didn't put an "exit" button in that room on purpose, because of the critical situation in that moment. It's not logical to put an "exit" button for a life-or-death situation.

The solution:
F5 - save game in the screen with the computer and password.
F7 - restore in the previous moment to find a password.
F7 - restore again in the screen with the computer and type the password.

Quote from: neon on Mon 02/06/2008 18:07:05
Yes, it's a bug. kinenav sent me the password, but I accidently deleted it after I finished the game.

neon

I don't agree.... no ;-)

Think real. What if you are in a critical situation, you find a terminal and you don't know the password? The first thing you would do is to leave the terminal and run around to find the password. The game doesn't let you.

However, in my eyes it's bad style to force the player to load an old game. It's a dead end, and dead ends should be prevented. To force someone to load an old game is just an instrument to stretch playing time, because not everybody saves the game after every action.

Bai Karl

Guys,

I think that this game doesn't deserve this critics! Yes, the game and puzzles are hard, but everything else is very well done! Graphics and sounds are great! It's not a big deal if you can not exit from a room or situation! I read an article about Space Quest I where the player is complaining about the fact that in the escape pod on Kerona, he can't see the survival kit. Sometime this hard moments make the game more intriguing.

Great game Kinanev! I'm fan of Cosmos Quest. It really reminds me of the Space Quest. Also I would like to say that this is one of the few games which is in 800x600 32bit color that makes the game more interesting. I like the locations especially planet Kusur.

I'm waiting for the next part of the game!!! Keep on the good work!

Quote from: neon on Mon 02/06/2008 20:21:11
I don't agree.... no ;-)

Think real. What if you are in a critical situation, you find a terminal and you don't know the password? The first thing you would do is to leave the terminal and run around to find the password. The game doesn't let you.

However, in my eyes it's bad style to force the player to load an old game. It's a dead end, and dead ends should be prevented. To force someone to load an old game is just an instrument to stretch playing time, because not everybody saves the game after every action.

sthomannch

Other games have dead ends too, also commercial ones. I think this is an excellent game, challenging and better than many games I payed for.

Dualnames

Stan, nobody said the game beside the puzzles suck. They said, they'd love to play more but since the puzzles are difficult, they can't, so they get frustrated. I finished the game as well, with a little walkthrough help, and did enjoy it mostly.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Cornelia Morge

I loved the first one.
I'll tryout the second one now!

Iliya

I don't like adventure games where in every moment you know what to do and the game goes smooth. That why I made puzzles little harder. For those who said that there are illogcal puzzles I will say: "I can explain the logic of every puzzle".

Example (CQ2): Some people complained about the radiation block spray, and how they to know that it have to pluged in the shuttle. It's logical if you have radiation blocker to ask the security chief on the station (Kohen). He will tell you that the shuttles have multifunctional plug for those radiation block devices.

Another example (CQ1): Some people complained that its not logcal to take ink seal with boiled peeled egg from paper and to print it to another paper. Just try it. You will see that it works.

Cosmos Quest is not a comersial game. I'm making this game for those who are missing old sierra quests. And I'm happy that there are people that like the game, even with hard puzzles.

The criticism is good thing when you say bad things plus good things. About the game most of the people said: graphics are good, music fits well, atmosphere is great (1 line)... and then 10 lines puzzles sucks, hard puzzles, illogcal puzzles and e.t.c. puzzles.

I will continue to make this game, until still I have 1 fan of the game :)

PS: Soon I will post COSMOS QUEST III: MINES OF ISAGOR (DEMO)

Bai Karl

Quote from: Kinanev on Tue 08/07/2008 12:50:04
Another example (CQ1): Some people complained that its not logcal to take ink seal with boiled peeled egg from paper and to print it to another paper. Just try it. You will see that it works.

I used the trick with the egg and seal in school when I needed an ink seal on a fake document.

Iliya

Cosmos Quest III: Mines of Isagor (DEMO) is added in "AGS Games in Production" forum and in the games' database.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35249.0

Iliya

I read all comments and complains about Cosmos Quest II and then I've fixed all problems and bugs. The fixed version is uploaded. The Spanish translation for Cosmos Quest II is almost complete. I will upload the Spanish version in few days. Now we are translating Cosmos Quest 1 in Spanish.

thepr

So, I played the game, got stuck after the metheors avoiding (I forgot the anti-radiation protection), and since I only made one savegame, I'll have to play again from the begining... or not!
Anyway, the only thing I can criticize the game for is that arcade game in the bar. If you played Pacman you knew ARCADE means keyboard controlled character, not mouse controlled. The game would be much better if it could be played by keyboard. And this may be from my PC or from an existent bug... it works very slow! I tried to change the resolution, refresh rate, etc. It still runs slow!

Iliya

NEW - Added improvements:

- labels when the mouse is over a hotspot, object or character.
- Go icon (double click and go directly to the next room - no need to wait until Apo is walking to the edge of the screen)

No more pixel-hunting! The game is more player friendly now :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk