Celtic Chaos - episode one: cold mead (MAGS Entry August '09)

Started by Helme, Sun 30/08/2009 09:53:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Helme

Time to meet some old friends... some really old friends. People who played 'Cold Meat' have met some very oblivious zombies. Celtic Choas takes you back to the year 500 B.C. in the lifetime of the zombies. The hero of the first episode is Nektom, the strong, brave and stupid miner.

Download

P.S: I know the number of people who played 'Cold Meat' isn't that big, because it's not released yet. But it will be soon.

Tijne

Being honest, at first I didn't really like the cone-style of the characters in the screenshots...
....And then I played the game and they just fit in so well and looked good doing it!  Really changed my opinion about it!

The puzzles and story were really fun; even the spider-puzzle I thought was  done well.  I love how it kept creeping up on us. xD!  But my most favourite thing about this game was definitely the dialog. xD!    Very ..real.. personalities xD!

My one complaint about the game is just a small detail; a hotspot or two and certain item combinations didn't seem to have a message.  There was only a handful, and it didn't even remotely impact the game, though. ^_^

Hope you make the future episodes!  And now I'm definitely playing Cold Meat when it comes out. ^_^

Helme

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 30/08/2009 10:38:02
Nice teeth!

What do you expect from dental care in the year 500 B.C. ?

@Tijne
Thanks for the feedback.
I don't have an idea for the next episode, yet. But I'm quite certain I will continue it.

Crimson Wizard

Liked the game, puzzles were good, I only had some problems with killing the spider, but after 10 minutes of experimenting solved that one.

As I mentioned in another thread, I found speaking animations funny :) they are really speaking with some effort there, swinging their arms, like pushing words out :D

Helme

You need to hold the left mouse button for 1 second. Than you can choose to look or to use an object.

tzachs

I liked the game, it was fun once I got past the spider puzzle which took me some time to figure out (and I think it has some bugs in it, one time the spider didn't scare me away for some reason and I just cut out all of the webs and the net was left in mid air... ).

Spoiler

I particularry liked the third creature, he was funny and it will be nice if you bring him back in the next episodes with some added character, maybe even a "Revenge of..." sort of episode. I know it was a dream, but still, maybe it wasn't?
[close]
The only thing that really bothered me was the english (I think I even missed some of the jokes because of that).

Helme

Quote from: tzachs on Thu 10/09/2009 19:08:42
The only thing that really bothered me was the english (I think I even missed some of the jokes because of that).

I know my english is not on a top level. Unfortunatly my proof reader didn't make it in time.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Helme on Mon 14/09/2009 18:31:59

I know my english is not on a top level. Unfortunatly my proof reader didn't make it in time.
was eaten by spider...  :P

abstauber

Still for a MAGS game, this one is considerably long. I've been really entertained by this title - but of course I'm not a pro ace speaker myself (and to be honest, far away from getting there ;) )

Personally I can live with a certain amount of spelling/grammar mistakes - as long as the game is fun.

kaputtnik

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 15/09/2009 01:17:46
Quote from: Helme on Mon 14/09/2009 18:31:59

was eaten by spider...  :P

Come on, that's clearly barbarian grammar.

But just so you know: For the upcoming Cold Meat, I can be held responsible for any typos, grammar flaws and whatnot. So you don't blame poor Helme who did a great job in putting that all together, doing graphics, sound, puzzles, dialogs, story, animations and all.

Yeah, and I'm completely with abstauber here: Within the limits of MAGS, this can almost be considered a full length game, and I also found the dialogs very amusing, even if there were some mistyped words or some shiny happy grammar in between. Take it as a feature!

I, object.

tzachs

Come on, that's clearly barbarian grammar.
Hmm, I didn't take barbarian grammar at school, so I didn't know that...

So you don't blame poor Helme who did a great job
I don't blame Helme! If anyone is to blame it's the spider who ate the proof reader...

Take it as a feature!
Ahh, a feature  ;)...

Tijne

I just figured it was barbarian/cave=man grammar~ Which I really liked. ^_^

Leon

Man.. you must have been exhausted at the end...  :)

Showing the thingie to Tumtrow:

- tell you, what this thing is and I you will do me a favor.
- I owe Runtor some money
- Should be easy as long as Rontur is drunk and asleep.

And that while the midget's called Nortur.....

Nice game btw...

[edit] Gondur is called Godnur several times... ;-)

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Helme

Ouch... guess I was exhausted.
Maybe it's was a problem, that all my playtesters are not native english speaker, too.

DrWhite

... or because these germanic-celtic names sound all the same ;) At least they were the biggest problem while proof-reading.

Helme

Yeah! The names are even more confusing if you have played 'Cold Meat'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk