Super Jazz Man (playable demo now available)

Started by Gregjazz, Fri 22/12/2006 06:51:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

This game puts you in the unitard and cape of a musical superhero who waits tables at the Zanzibar restaurant under the cover of night. After playing a weekend concert that revolutionizes the local airwaves, our saxophonist receives a phone call at work.

Super Jazz Man explores the fundamental elements of an adventure, unfolding locations with the progression of the narrative while featuring nostalgic low-color graphics. Play through four unique endings!

For roughly the price of a martini in Manhattan, you can play it today!

Download trailer (5 megs)
Stream trailer (YouTube)

Download playable demo (1.1 megs)

Screenshots:

The new conversation system in action.

Indoor locations feature a skyline to depict the surrounding area (differentiating the campus, downtown, and the suburbs).

Click here to purchase Super Jazz Man for $8.95 USD!

Nikolas

OH YES! Let me be the first to say it!

OH YES!

Buying right now!

Greg: The soundtrack? Will it be for sale as well? Not heard it yet, but I can only assume it will be awesmoe :D

JimmyShelter

Looking very good!

I'll be checking out your store later. What payment methods are available? Is Paypal available?

Gregjazz

Yup, Paypal is available. Which means Visa/American Express/Discover/etc. are available also.

If that doesn't work, there is a check/money order option. :)

kwiatkowski;)

I think there should be another forum for commercial games from ags.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I think if that were the case they wouldn't get as much exposure as they deserve to, thus leaving them here is the right thing to do.

Out of curiosity, how long would you say the game is, Geoff?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Vince Twelve

This game has just (possibly) become the first game to be blogged about via Wii.

Congrats to both of you.  I'll be downloading soon and will post a comment.

Gregjazz

Longer than Apprentice 2. I believe there are more rooms, too. The puzzles are a little more logical, though, and there's a lot of plot advancement with each puzzle solved. We'll see how long it takes Nikolas to solve it.

SSH

It would be great if there were a tiny wee demo, GK. As for a separate forum for commercial AGS games, admittedly there are twice as many commercial games in the forum in 2006 than in the sum total of previous years, on the other hand, thats because there's only ever been 2 done before this year (Fatman and Mystery Manor, AFAIK). I really don't think the volumes involved are large enough to get worked up about, although it may be a good idea if commericial games have "$$$" or something at the beginning of their topic title...

Nikolas

Indeed the $$$ idea is a good one.

The game is looking really good Greg and Ian. Well done! I'm hooked up with it! :)

Da_Elf

and this could very well mean free time for work on apprentice3 hehehe looks great though

big brother

We thought about a demo, but we figured that we've already spent so much time making the full thing, we'd rather not delay it further. For the AGS community, I don't totally see the point of a demo. Most of you are already familiar with the standard gameplay mechanics and our level of quality.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, something about Hanukkah, etc! 
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

vict0r

Fearsome Hannukah!

Game looks great tho! And if it's longer that Apprentice 2, I'd say it's well worth the money! :)
Don't have any ways of paying for this tho, so won't be able to play it, but I would like to say: Keep up the great work! :D
Looking forward to Apprentice 3! Do you have any idea about whether this will be free?

ManicMatt

Yeah, when christmas is over and some bloody jobs are going so I can get some dang cash I'd like to get this! (And The Shivah too)

Or you could buy my album when it comes out and I'll use the cash to buy your game!  ;D (I jest!)

Serth

Hi, a question to the developers. Does the game has voice-overs (including the narrator)? I agree that a demo would come handy. I have no doubt about your proficiency to make games, but I don't know whether Jazz man will be my cup of tea, so, a short demo would be great to help me decide whether to buy it or not.
Thanks

Ricardo

big brother

The focus of the game is the writing and story progression within classical adventure gameplay. For economy's sake, we opted against graphics that push your video card's limits, full voice, and orchestral score. Granted, I doubt many developers can offer all that for the price we're charging. Considering it took roughly a year of work (1.5 counting the slow times) to finish, I feel like I should be able to afford a sandwich from selling a copy. :)

On the bright side, it won't take too long to download, which will make it easy for people with slower internet connections (something characteristic of a lot of retro gaming fans).

Serth

Quote from: big brother on Sat 23/12/2006 20:05:28
The focus of the game is the writing and story progression within classical adventure gameplay. For economy's sake, we opted against graphics that push your video card's limits, full voice...

Ok, thanks for answering my question

Quote from: big brother on Sat 23/12/2006 20:05:28Granted, I doubt many developers can offer all that for the price we're charging.

True, true. In fact I think this (i.e., selling games online for less than 10 bucks)  could be a good way to allow AGS indies to present more and more polished games. I already bought Jazz Man and would have no problem paying such amount of money for another projects, as long as they show quality.

big brother

Thanks for your purchase!

I hope the quality lives up to your expectations.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I won't be purchasing it extremely soon...

...but I do plan on purchasing. Just so you know. :)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ali

Quote from: Geoffkhan on Fri 22/12/2006 07:39:14
Yup, Paypal is available. Which means Visa/American Express/Discover/etc. are available also.

Is it necessary for me to have a working Paypal account to pay by Visa? Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm not well versed in paying for things. I usually tend towards avoiding paying for things, but this looks too good to miss out on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk