The Crackwell Legacy

Started by blowie, Mon 02/07/2007 04:00:51

Previous topic - Next topic

i k a r i

Please noone talk to proximity anymore.

He is my bitch  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

proximity

OoOoOoOoOoOo  one more bitch who hasn't worked any game yet  :D ikari, what are you doing here ? It's your bed time. Drink your milk and go back to your bed
Proximity Entertainment

Jesus Juice

Quote from: i k a r i on Sat 07/07/2007 17:56:16
Please noone talk to proximity anymore.

He is my bitch  ;D

You can have him  ::)

i k a r i

Quote from: proximity on Sun 08/07/2007 08:29:35
OoOoOoOoOoOo  one more bitch who hasn't worked any game yet  :D ikari, what are you doing here ? It's your bed time. Drink your milk and go back to your bed

The word bitch is starting to sound repetitive here  ;D

How I wish we could continue this smart argument but I presume a moderator will kick my butt, and besides is starting to be bed time, and guess what, I haven't drinked my milk yet  :(

I'll edit this post in ten days to call you bitch again without you noticing (and I will win).

*drinks milk with an evil smile*
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Hammerite

i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Buckethead

I wish someone would make a parody of my games  :P

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Me too. I'd love to see TEH EVIL CLUCK GAME!!1!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

vertigoaddict

Quote from: Mr. Buckéthead on Sun 08/07/2007 10:05:11
I wish someone would make a parody of my games  :P

True, if someone ELSE makes a parody of one of your games it proves that your game is very good/ popular. If you make a parody of one of your own game, it's either you are a pioneer and are trying something new or you're just downright pathetic.

Pumaman

Ok, that's enough. Any further posts that are not actually related to the game itself will be deleted.

vertigoaddict

You're right, this war about insults should've gone on via PMs.

SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME

This game was obviously made in a short period of time, for crying out loud the sprite didn't even have a front and back walkcycle.

I think the artist and animators could have at least done a better job. I know it's a parody and all; but come on!

On the upside, the game did resemble the Blackwell Legacy and I have to give credit for that.

And the blood on the sofa, what was that? Maybe someone should make a sequel or a prequel, a longer one this time. This game was too short; like, look at scary movie at least they put in effort (I'm mostly emphasizing on the second one in the series) into making if freaking hillarious!

proximity

Everyone hates me cool :D The game is disturbing. It should be made through different way. For example, main character's name shouldn't be blowie. Parody games should be loyal to original ones. You can't slip off from it by just making smoking ghost.
Proximity Entertainment

Ubel

Quote from: proximity on Sun 08/07/2007 14:15:08
The game is disturbing. It should be made through different way. For example, main character's name shouldn't be blowie. Parody games should be loyal to original ones. You can't slip off from it by just making smoking ghost.

That just makes so little sense. Why shouldn't he be named Blowie? It's a funny variation of Joey and it goes well with the theme of the game. Also, how is this game not loyal to Blackwell Legacy? All of its characters and the scenes are similiar to the original game. Also, why can't you slip off from it by making a smoking ghost? Why? I thought that's what parodies are all about. Creating new ideas around the old story making it funnier. In my opinion The Crackwell Legacy has succeeded in this very well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending on starting a fight here. I just purely want some justifications on your arguments. For there is no point in claiming something without being able to explain it.

Ghost

Well, I'm in. Played the game without having played the commercial BWL (I did play Bestowers of Eternity, though, which comes close I guess) I felt a bit like a man in a bar where everyone knows the running gags but himself. But it was fun, in a sleezy sort of way, and considering the time it took to make, it might well go into the records. I must say that any small team that, after a short funny idea goes and makes a functional game in, what was it, three days, gets a lot of respect from me. Even if said game contains strong language and lacks animation.

Parodies are always sort of cool- I fondly remember Radiant's Warthogs- but require the player to know the original. So I must say as a game Crackwell wasn't exactly thrilling or original, but a nicer "time killer" than yet another Scary Movie.

And yes, anyone who makes an indie game and finds it a target of a parody, well, he's made some fame. Aren't there celebrities out there who buy the Mad magazine each week to see if they're in?  ;)

proximity

I'm tired of replying on this thread. I've never seen such a crowd make opposition to me :)

So, the game is perfectly funny and i felt like i was playing Blackwell Legacy. It was so funny that i have pissed my pants when laughing. The author was so kind. I've never seen such a kind developer before. He called me to his house and served me cup of tea. While i was drinking my tea, he showed me how he made the game.  He was so friendly. I will call him to my home next time and we will drink Turkish tea and eat some Turkish hazelnut.
Proximity Entertainment

Dave Gilbert

Look what I found, creed:

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteI must say that any small team that, after a short funny idea goes and makes a functional game in, what was it, three days, gets a lot of respect from me.

I'm feelin' like Rodney Dangerfield, here...I made Dance 'Til You Drop! alone in four days and it has tons of animations...and multiple endings!  I get no respect.  :=

P.S.  Crackwell Legacy was an enjoyable few minutes Creed and company, I only wish there'd been more.

AGA

What dod you mean "Creed and company". Blowie made the game >:|

Creed Malay

Yes! I did nothing but shout out suggestions for dialouge and record a voce. The hero here is "Blowie".
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Lucifiel

What the... lol... it's kinda offensive and funny(except for the dog part) but then again, GTA's probably a lot worse.

Then again, Emily Enough is just as disturbing too. :P

m0ds

Quote. Parody games should be loyal to original ones. You can't slip off from it by just making smoking ghost.

I think you'll find the fact Dave Gilbert laughed his ass off over its release shows it was in some way loyal to the original. And I'm pretty sure Blowie was making the game with Dave in mind, not someone called proximity... ;) It's a loyal piss-take at least! So your comments are rather silly, I suggest you stop taking Crack and start playing some Crackwell Legacy instead!! Anyway, I'm gonna have to replay this, SHECANTEAT SCHWARMA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk