Who wants to live forever? (Update: New music pack released)

Started by Vel, Sat 25/10/2003 12:10:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Vel

You can use the menu, snake.

Inkoddi

Vel

A new digital music pack has been released. You can download it from http://www.terranx.com/Vel/Musicpack.rar (Same link) It features enhanced tunes and samples of greater quality. the music pack is also of smaller size - 12,7 MB.
Edit: You do not need to redownload the game. Just extract the Music.vox file into the same directory as the game.

Goldmund

Vel

With voices and ultra cool new 3d gfx?!!?!?
Good idea!
* Vel starts working

asafii

Ok I`ve just finished to play this game and i thought maybe I would add my 2 cents worth by writing a full legnth review on the game so here goes:

Plot: Basically the story in a few words is A man (Andrew Barksdale) , his wife has died and his friend is near death but he wants Andrew to do something for him and you as Andrew need to accomplish your friends last request....

Art: The art was on an overall aspect ,OK. It had nothing great to speak of and i dont feel thatthis game was focusing on the art aspect of the game. The background art is pretty nice, nicely colored and has a certain style to it, However i didnt enjoy the art that was used to make the characters , i think that it was of a much lower quality than the rest of the art in the game and also the walk cycle of themain character isnt too great either because he doesnt really walk forwards or backwards.
Score : 6/10

Storyline: the thing i liked about the plot and storyline of this game is that it was a fresh and new idea and without spoling anything for potential players the end is very thought provoking and quite deep. There are certain aspects to the storyline that dont really make sense and have a place like the fact that the main characters wife was infertile , i did not really feel that this was really necessary as one of the elements in the story but for a short concise game it really had a very rich story.
Score : 8/10

Music: For those of you who want to install the 12mb odd music pack it is well worth it . I feel that it definitely adds to the atmosphere of the game rather than just an annoyance and I also think that the music is very suitable for the game because it is a serious type of music like the genre of the game.
Score : 9/10

Gameplay: I do understand that this game isnt designed to be a very "playable" game it rather serves as a interactive storybook , therefore i will judge the gameplay on the puzzles that were included and not lack thereof. The puzzles that were included i think in total about 4 if im not mistaken , where of a good degree of difficulty and where appropriate for the style of game that was being made
Score 7/10

Overall: I enjoyed the game as being a new concept in the genre of adventure games , it also adds a bit of a philosophical question and gets the player to think a bit of subjects outside the simple storyline of the game. Even though art has much to be desired I still feel that I can say with full honesty that i did feel the game was good but it definitely can make up for its downfalls without too much trouble.
Score: 30/40

Sorry about the spelling did this real quick.:)

Vel

Thanks asafii!
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, even though it is not perfect. Thanks for your crits, I'll take them into consideration for my next releases. Thanks for playing the game again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk