Confused over blurring of BG - Solved

Started by Moneytalks, Fri 16/09/2005 19:57:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashen

Interesting that this has been marked as 'Solved', yet we continue to discuss it...

Quote from: OzHowever - what creates the illusion are the dots in the intersections
I thought it was the intersections themselves that caused the illusion - although the dots do make it more pronounced. In fact, I think this is the first time I've seen this illusion with actual dots at the intersection, usually it's more like this:

(Which works for me - I can see grey dots in the intersections on both sides.)

This may also be the first time I've seen it with white lines and black boxes, and not the other way round.

Now, about the stupid green dots. If they're meant to be highlights on the grass, make them more like the darker squiggles, or just get rid of them. If they're meant to be flowers, they're probably too small, but making them any larger would just be silly (as in, I think they'd look even more out of place), and you should maybe consider losing them entirely.

Unliek most people, I quite like the blurring. If the characters and objects don't stand out to much (although from the GiP thread it looks like they might), and if you(that is, Moneytalks) are happy with it, keep it. If you do get rid of it, I think you should rework the BGs, perhaps along the lines InCreator mentioned (colour use, not so straight lines).
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk