Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

geomis

ELLO!
My name is of no inportance to you.
I started making my own games after 4 months of downloading.
My favourite AGS games are  the larry vales seires and ben jordan case 4 (that thing gave me the creeps)and i like saying stupid things tell me if you like my signature.
IF I CAN'T WHY SHOULD YOU?!
WHAT JUST CAUSE YOU WORK AT THE BANK MEANS YOU CAN TAKE MONEY OUT?!It does?.....WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS!

skw

Hi! My name's Jan (John) Czyzewski, I'm 17 and come from the city of Lublin, located in south-eastern Poland. I'm interesing in listening to various music, drawing some art, motorization (especially the older, 50's / 60's vehicles, such as Plymouth, Chevrolet, Harley-Davidson and so on), a little of history (IX-XII century Europe - Vikings, Slavs etc.) and - ofcourse - computer games such as adventures ("Loom", "Darkseed", "Sanitarium"), cRPG:s ("Fallout", "Planescape: Torment", "Baldur's Gate") or FPP:s ("Doom", "Quake" etc.), blah, blah, blah...

Anyway, it's really cool joining this community. Sorry for my crappy English, I hope you'll understand me after all. ;)

Pozdrowienia z Polski!
Greetings from Poland!
a.k.a. johnnyspade

Azash

Well, ahoy there! I'm Azash, as implied by my username. Won't be posting my surname, but those of you who really, really feel the need can call me John. Azash or Aza are the usual ones, though. (Yes, I read Eddings books - where do you think my name came from? ;D)

I've been into adventure games for a relatively long time - completed games include LSL 1,6,7, Monkey Island 1-3, Broken Sword 1-2.. Well, not too much, nor is any boasting intended - just enlightening you! :D

I was introduced to the prospective hobby of AGS by a certain Haddas, who is in the same school as I - you've certainly never heard the name before, eh? 8)

Well, that's that, I s'pose. Nice meeting y'all!

mlsq42

Hiya. I'm mlsq42, or Q, or Mathew, or Mat, or Newbie, or Hey You!, or in fact anything you want to call me.

I found this place/program through Apprentance (from a VG Mag), and am eager to make games, despite my total lack of artistic ability.

I hope to not annoy you too much.

Thank you for your time spent reading this.
(Insert something witty and AGS related here.)

Rustvaar

Name : Rustvaar
Abilities : Humour, Art

I've had the AGS program for around 2 months now, I got stuck in when I first got it and burnt myself out of ideas - I have a basic understanding of the program although I always get a bit downtrodden when designing backgrounds for my games as they just never seem to be on par with some of the work out there.

I work from my head and don't trace anything, I'm currently working on my first game, which is also my first major game. It was proposed to be a team effort but a lot of my 'team' let me down by losing interest so I'm flying solo now.

Although I'm excellent at making up stories I don't think my stories are plausable within my games and I get easily frustrated and tend to give up quickly if something doesn't work.

So that's me, your brand new newbie :)

yourhumblecartoonist

What a great thread!  Here's my introduction.
My name is Andrew.  I'm 20 and a student at the University of Florida studying Classics, but by night I'm a dashing webcomic artist with a small outfit called http://www.gutterflycomix.com.  I'm a huge fan of the adventure game genre, and I'm glad to have finally found a community of people who, like I do, consider it to be high art.  Naturally, I've come to the forums with ideas for a project of my own, but I'm more than willing to lend a hand to anybody who needs help with character/background art, that sort of thing. 

Intoxicatedowl8

Hello. My name is Joey. I am 16 years old and I live in Cincinnati.

AGS caught my eye from an ad on a gaming web page, and I remember when I was little I always used to play my dads games, such as the police quest series, the kings quest series, space quest 1 was always my favorite..that and kings quest 3, 6, and i like police quest 1 and 2, and well I loved them all.

I haven't finished reading the tutorial on AGS yet, but I plan to make a game about...well I won't tell you yet.

I have already experimented with AGS and I have basic knowledge of it yet..I have gotten through the tutorial around the part where it starts talking about hostpots, objects, and characters. I made my first room, which was a bar, it had a table in the foreground that I set to have it walk-behind, and same with the bar that you could walk behind, and I haven't gotten too in-depth with the engine yet but I plan to learn it inside-out as I am grounded for 5 weeks and well it sounds like this would be quite occupying.

From the looks of it this place loolks like its a nice community where everyone is willing to help eachother.

I think its awesome how anyone can take this and mold it to their own game.

Some tips I need are how to not lose interest in this. I am really excited about making a game as I already have the basic plot thought out, I just don't want to get discouraged because I remember when I started to make maps for Counter-strike I got confused and I couldn't maintain a good aspect ratio...

upon creating my first game my first room was way too big for my character. I need to know how to keep that in size so my character isnt smaller than a chair that is next to a table..lol
I need a title for my game! Please PM me if you'd like to find out what it's about. :D

JillianEtc

I am devoid of all talent and I am hopelessly lazy, so I will probably never complete a game. I am also a shy, anti-social, misanthropic, self-conscious chronic lurker, so you probably won't be hearing much from me in these forums. But here I am introducing myself nonetheless. I am a slouching, pimply, barely discernibly female creature situated in the United States. The specific state being South Carolina. I am too stupid and lackadaisical to maintain interests or hobbies. I drool a lot. Adventure games make me happee.

My creative endeavors tend to be half-baked failures that wind up only partially begun before they are abandoned. Yep, I'm pretty cool like that.  8)

=The=Brat=

sorry guys , i would post but i think my title of newbie has expired  :P

Mr Jake

Quote from: TheBrat499 on Tue 07/06/2005 00:49:35

PARADOX!

=The=Brat=

Quote from: Hotspot on Tue 07/06/2005 00:52:51
Quote from: TheBrat499 on Tue 07/06/2005 00:49:35

PARADOX!

I KNOW, I KNOW  :'(

mlsq42

Quote from: JillianEtc on Tue 07/06/2005 00:45:58
I am devoid of all talent and I am hopelessly lazy, so I will probably never complete a game. I am also a shy, anti-social, misanthropic, self-conscious chronic lurker, so you probably won't be hearing much from me in these forums. But here I am introducing myself nonetheless. I am a slouching, pimply, barely discernibly female creature situated in the United States. The specific state being South Carolina. I am too stupid and lackadaisical to maintain interests or hobbies. I drool a lot. Adventure games make me happee.

My creative endeavors tend to be half-baked failures that wind up only partially begun before they are abandoned. Yep, I'm pretty cool like that.Ã,  8)

I like you already.
(Insert something witty and AGS related here.)

JillianEtc

Quote from: mlsq42 on Tue 07/06/2005 08:19:48
I like you already.

I feel so accepted. It's truly moving. Pardon me while I wipe away a tear.

God bless the adventure game genre-- it spreads peace and love and kindness across the globe.

God bless you, every one of you on this forum, for your friendly hearts and gentle spirits, and may you find a use for every item in your inventories.

GOD BLESS AGS!

Ah, theatrics.

Copterman

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I've decided to try my hand at creating video games after playing and enjoying 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic. I can't wait to try out other games!

If anyone ever needs music for their games, I have a Master's degree in music and can compose music fairly quickly. Just let me know.

Queen Kara

Note : No , I'm not a moderator nor is it my intention to pretend to be one. I just don't want you all to keep getting into trouble and would be happy if there were less locked topics. Thank you. I apoligize if I've done anything wrong.

Please , dear newbies , PLEASE read the rules before posting
Help requests ( wether for hints or help with making your game ) do not go in the "in production" area / section and if you have a demo or "trailer" of your game ready ...please put up screenshots in your thread about the game.  A big part of why I initially made this thread was in hopes of more newbies not making the same mistakes other newbies have made. 

Rules
Please read each and every single thread that has the word rules in it so you won't get into trouble and we can enjoy an unlocked thread...even the ones not listed here so if you ever want to post in technical areas or some other subject , it's a good idea to read the rules first

In Production Games

Completed Game Announcements

Other Important Stuff

How To Post Screenshots

Production Thread Example

( in other words this is to give you an idea of how your thread is supposed to look when you start posting about your game in the "in production" area )

Suggestions of Worthwhile Servers To Upload Demos and Stuff

Another suggestion is to PM the creator of a game if you've got the urge to reply and you've been looking through threads , no matter how "new" a thread seems.   :-[

With all that out of the way , hello and welcome to the AGS forums!

Klaatu Verata Niktu?

Theme

hiya im new in ags and im trying to make a game
but its hard to draw sprites and stuff
i like anime too

o/

skw

a.k.a. johnnyspade

Potch

Well, i'm not really a newbie, as I've been posting here for a long time, but I have question... I was reading the rules for the General Board ( I know, I SHOULD have read them a long time ago) and it's says that you shouldn't post if you aren't a game creator.Ã,  I've been posting there for a long time.Ã,  I thought the boards were for anyone who loved adventure games.Ã,  Is it really true that I shouldn't post here because I am not a creator?Ã,  I have so much fun discussing things on these boards.Ã,  I have a lot in common with a lot of people.Ã, 

By the way... my name is Jen and I'm from Boise, Idaho in the US (please don't hate me for that, it's not my fault where I was born).  I'm 27, and I've been pretty much an adventure game junkie ever since King's Quest.  I spend way too much time on the computer (especially when I'm supposed to be working :-[ )  And like I said, I've never created a game, mostly because I don't know jack about programming, and I'm a pretty crappy artist.  I did work for a few months as a writer on the KQ9 fan project, but I had to drop out due to timing.  Where I lack in my drawing and artistic abilities, I make up musically (at least I'd like to think I do!) 
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Setsuna

Hi there, i didn't see there was a special thread to introduce yourself so i'm going to do it now although i already started posting in other sections.
My name is Jack, 23, i'm from Europe and i really love old adventure games and all the fan games you're all making,this is so great!
The AGS engine is very impressive and the custom c-like scripting system is quite intuitive and well made, thank you CJ ;)
I hope i'll be able to release a game one day, i'm working hard on it.
I'm mostly a coder (c/c++/asm/etc) but i recently tried to draw sprites and i really like it.
See you!

ErinLeigh

I had just posted a background for C&C, but figured it would be polite to come back and introduce myself to show that I plan on sticking around in this wonderful community.

I've been a game developer for several years, mostly text.Ã,  I found AGS by chance, and I'm terribly glad I did.Ã,  Now I can combine my love for digital graphics with my love of programming!Ã,  Up till now, most of my game coding experience has been with muds.Ã,  Looking forward to exploring a whole new world!

My name is Erin, I'll be 22 next month, and I live in Tennessee with my husband and 2 wonderful kitties.Ã,  I just graduated with a degree in aerospace engineering, and as the city we're currently living in is void of all things aerospace, I'm currently working odd jobs until my husband finishes his masters' and we can move out of here!

I hope to learn a lot from everyone here, as the art and talent I've seen on this site has absolutely amazed me.Ã,  You should all be extremely proud of yourselves

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk