Release Something 2012! Time's up!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 02/06/2012 15:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

If you make his hand a separate sprite that slowly rises up from the bottom of the screen then you will have achieved perfection.

m0ds

Something! Okay, a couple of things for the light of day! The first is a very short video from FoY, with background art by our new artist Mutbrecht, who is supporting Misja with the task of many a room. You can see the clip here.

Also, you may remember my involvement with Primordia sometime ago. Back when it was going to be freeware and with MIDI. The step beyond that involved me rendering better quality versions of the MIDI files using Chorium and I was in love with a reverb filter. This was the first time I had been able to listen to my MIDI's as something other than MIDI, so went crazy. But as the game evolved into a fully fledged WEG project, the team underwent changes so that the game would be the best it could be. Victor has been very supportive of my work in music, and it was a privilege to work on the game. Here's a rare 64 minutes of concept music I made for it in one long OGG file, so as not to give away any of the story with the track titles and such ;)

Keeping music in mind, I've also added the Living Nightmare: Freedom SE soundtrack which is higher quality renderings of the MIDI's. My only real music project at the moment is Camp Ravenwood (and KI) so you can hear a 'motivational' track here, a retro-styled sample here or a track in its original MIDI format here. And that's about it for now! Maybe "release something" some TCL voice acting before the month is out :)

EchosofNezhyt

Old Apartment, Getting a few things setup before I wreck the hell outta it and age it.

Basic Colored Outline.                                                                A little Lighting

More Details                                                                                 Finishing up.

ThreeOhFour

Beautiful stuff in here guys! The month is about half way done, so if you still haven't released anything, get on that! It's very inspiring to see all of your amazing stuff :cheesy:

I recorded a happy little game/film soundtrack kinda song today for a bit of fun. Music is something I've never done for a game, mostly because I have enough work doing everything else, and because I don't have the best recording setup. Still, if you don't mind listening to something done on a cheap setup that has quite a few mistakes in, you may enjoy Weevils With Umbrellas.

ZapZap

Kastchey could you PLEASE make a background tutorial? which program do you use? I unconciously open my mouth every time I see one of your drawings
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Kastchey

Thanks! I never thought of making a tutorial myself because there's plenty of artists here I could learn from, but I'll be happy to explain how I make my backgrounds if someone is interested.

m0ds, thanks a lot for uploading the tracks! I really liked LNF music, especially the mansion theme, so it's nice to have them on my hard drive in a better quality.

Ali

This is my first 'release something', so here are some things:

Nelly in a junkshop standing still. She does a lot of that at the moment.

Nelly at the Toff Races, with inspired dialogue.

And for no reason, a glass of crab juice. Refreshing!

selmiak

but crap juice tastes like... crab!
*gnihihi*

an Urpney

Quote from: Cleanic on Thu 14/06/2012 17:54:49
Kastchey could you PLEASE make a background tutorial? which program do you use? I unconciously open my mouth every time I see one of your drawings

+1
I'm in love with the first one in this topic ("oil painting" house).
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Swordofkings128

I've been working on something since last summer that I've been putting a lot of tender love and care into... it's a game about a suicidal 12 year-old sexually fustrated t-rex boy named Dingis Dinbert, and I don't think I've posted anything publically about it anywhere here! So here's some stuff:

*all graphics are still WIP, some more done than others!!*

Here's some music and an ambient sound also:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Music18.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/Music34.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/ccokie_suburbs%20ambience%201.mp3

entire game's mostly playable but I'm only about 55% done with everything... But it'll be a lengthy adventure, I'm up to like... 65 playable rooms I think? There's 100 total but a lot of them are close up scenes of important things and events. I don't see it growing much past this point though. There will be TONS of optional content and sequences. There will be lots of nudity, sexuality, sex, language, that kind of stuff in the game so it's not for the kiddies! Hopefully it'll be done sometime this year ;_;

edit: One more for good measure :P

edit: AND this is the logo I made for my pretentious fake studio behind the game XP
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20855857/logofinal.mp4

kconan

Looks great Swordofkings!  And seems original in terms of both look and idea.

m0ds

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 15/06/2012 18:24:40
m0ds, thanks a lot for uploading the tracks! I really liked LNF music, especially the mansion theme, so it's nice to have them on my hard drive in a better quality.

Thanks Kastchey! I love those dramatic backgrounds you posted :) Definitely a lot of great artwork (and potential games) in this here thread! Your stuff there looks ace swordofkings, static Nelly's, even Andail out of Tulles world retirement... what more could you ask for? :)

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: m0ds on Sat 16/06/2012 18:30:27
what more could you ask for? :)
Righty McBollock: Night of the Other Testicle.

Adder

Wow, everyone's doing really great stuff!

I'm very new to posting in these forums but have been slowly whittling away at a game for quite some time now and I thought I'd post a few pictures up here.
They're just works in progress at the moment, I've not coloured them (amongst other things) but here goes:

This one has a few coloured (but not yet finished) sprites in:

These next two feature a little colour-balancing, mostly for my own reference:

I guess it's pretty obviously a sci-fi thing, a mystery involving corporate espionage and (hopefully)amusing alien bartenders.  I hope to be able to post a 'Game in Production' thread in the not-too-distant future.

I look forward to seeing more of all these projects in this thread.

CaptainD

Adder - really cool concept sketches you've got there!  Can't wait to see what you turn them into for the game.

Armageddon

Woah Adder, I love that style, very Blade Runner/Anachronox-esque. Very good composition. Are they just pencil sketches scanned in?

Clarvalon

Horribly broken at the moment, but Android has finally joined the XAGE Party: 

XAGE - Cross-Platform Adventure Game Engine (alpha)

Adder

Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback CaptainD and Armageddon.
Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 16/06/2012 22:06:06
...very Blade Runner/Anachronox-esque... Are they just pencil sketches scanned in?
Bladerunner's a strong influence, although I hadn't heard of Anachronox until you mentioned it (I just tapped it and it looks very cool, seems to be very much the sort of feel I'm aiming for).
And yes, the sketches are just scanned pencils.
Cheers,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk