Apprentice!

Started by Gregjazz, Sat 12/07/2003 06:14:20

Previous topic - Next topic

big brother

Ok, finally I have my own account on these forums. Curse my laziness. (I'm Ian the artist, been using Geoffkhan's account on and off, so half of those posts are mine.)

Anyways, the Find is not really a detective game. It's part futuristic, part modern, and part ancient. We didn't really tie anything down to a time period. I know it will sound like we're trying to combine too much, but everything fits into the story.

The main character delivers packages (with probably illegal contents) from buyer to seller, no questions asked.

Then a simple rendezvous job goes all wrong, and he ends up with two bulletholes in his chest, a tracking chip, and a head full of questions.

The more he finds out, the stranger things become and he realizes that he was a small but pivotal piece in a huge puzzle that involves a government agency and alien-worshiping cultists (to name a few).

Hope this clears up any misconceptions about the Find.

EDIT: Hmmm...we should probably start a new thread instead of talking about the Find in the Apprentice thread.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Ginny

Sounds fascinating! Technically I don't like detective games as much as other genres, unless they are original.
In any case, yes, definetly start a thread, and I can't wait for more info! Sounds fantastic! :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

mätzyboy

Apprentice was a splendid game! Terrific graphics and well fitting music! I only wish the story from the intro would have played a greater part inside the very game itself! Thanx guys for a pleasant experience of gameplaying!

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Great stuff! A really nicely polished game. The interface is awesome (I like the idea of the itembook) and the graphics and music are done superbly. A full length game like this would be a pleasure to play.

volmel

I'm embarrassed to ask this question, but:

Spoiler
where is the cliff where the snake is
[close]

Thanks - wonderful game!

Las Naranjas

left at the bottom of the exterior room.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Alexis Vale

Great game! I finally got it to work. I enjoyed it throughly. Good concept. Good art. Nice and fast. Nice puzzles.

Squinky

Yes, Good game.

I, like some others wanted to see more though. Which I guess is a sign of a good game....

n3tgraph

I've enjoyed your game.... but it didn't really point out the dream in the end. Which I hoped :)

there is also a towel bug (if this hasn't been mentioned before), there was one time when I was in posession of the blanket, but afters talking to the snake again and trying to give him some stuff, the blanket re-appeared :)

might take a look at it ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

lspace

Now that the secret bonus puzzle has been solved, how about a small hint to point the rest of us in the right direction so we too can solve it.

Gregjazz

Yeah, there's a thread about it in the Herculean Effort Productions forum. You might want to check it out.

amaranth

I loved your game! It was so adorable :P
Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

earlwood

Awesome game, I like the knight at the very beggining, Its very well animated and its very well drawn.

remixor

This game was phenominal.  I'm not sure how I missed this thread the first time around, but no matter; I've played it now, and I have nothing but praise (except that a right-click function would be useful).  The graphics were beautiful, the puzzles were great, and the game felt like a professionally-designed adventure.  By the way, I didn't have much problem with the cheese puzzle.  I noticed when Pib said something like "this was made back when saddles were still made from horse stomachs" or something like that, so I kept trying to use the milk with it.  Ironically, when I finally DID get the saddle on the horse, I forgot about that whole thing and got stuck for a while.  That was my fault of course though.  Anyway, wonderful effort.  I'll be very much looking forward to your next game (which seems as different as can be from this one).  Keep up the good work.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

DinghyDog

I thought it was superb. The cheese puzzle was great! Hard, but not so hard that I couldn't figure it out. It was the whole stomach comment that gave me the connection...as it was SUPPOSED to do. Heh. And the secret puzzle was delightfully secret, so hard that no one would even be able to figure it out, unless their name was necro, or had help. Or were just amazing at clicking everything on everything else.

-DD
It's yer owld pal Dinghy Dog!!

Ciro Durán

Hey man, quite impressive graphics you have out there ;D, I'm really enjoying the game (twice, because I'm running it in my linux box at work :)), just to point you a bug you have in the walk-behinds:

Rest of it is marvelous, keep up the good work!!!

:D

ratracer

Well, you know that already, your game was great!

plus points - art and animation
minus points - duration of the game

I can only fault the duration, so I'm hoping that your future projects will be longer...

You have all going for you, since you're talented and you're fast creating games ... so... MAKE MORE (adventure) GAMES (did I mention that Apprentice was too small?)!

Congrats!

fidodido

I played Apprentice a bit late, but I've finished it, and I must say: it's superb!

The graphics are amazing and very fun to look at, the animations add a lot to the game's smoothness, the characters are very well done, the dialoges are interesting and funny, and I just LOVE the ending. Great work there, man!

The only problem, apart from the length, is a few bugs that could have been fixed beforehand, if the game was played enough times.

But everything else in this game more than make up for the few flaws.

Again, great GREAT game!

Sockmonkey

This game is AMAZING. It could truly have been a LucasArts adventure back in the day.

Great work, guys!

http://www.sockmonkeygame.com

"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." -Sir Winston Churchill

Nostradamus

Can someone make a walkthrough for this game?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk