FoY - special xmas intro!

Started by , Fri 17/01/2003 12:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Pet Terry

It worked fine on my computer and I have Finnish Win98 too.. strange indeed.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

daventry

This website http://screen7.adventuredevelopers.com/foy/ has it been shut down or something.

I mean, i can only go to the forum board.

Where are the updates, pictures or stuff.

When will this game be released.

Is there a demo.

Why is there an Indiana Jones Fountain Of Youth game being made.

Why is there an Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis 2 game being made.

I can't wait for these two games to be released.

Scummbuddy

1) their host if halfway down, plus they are making a new site for the game.
2) If you can get to the forum, then why not ask about it there?
3)Updates are coming
4) Hopfully, next year
5)There is a rolling demo, ie not playable
6) Because Mods has a great story to tell with his teammates and they have the drive to make it (what a weird question)
7) another weird question... not our community doing it, but we *most of us* wish them good luck.  they are building their own engine along with their game,so theres will take longer
8 ) None of us can

Hey, guys, in case you were wondering, there are a couple people here on the boards that still wonder about this game.  maybe like 2 or 3 people.  :P
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Meowster

This is truly gonna be like, the greatest game ever made with AGS. It's probably gonna get magazine reviews and everything. Man, if you guys had lived bac--- wait. Wait. If Chris Jones had have made AGS back in 1992, you guys would be rich. But nooo. You didn't think of that, didya Mr Jones? I'm so looking forward to this game and... it will be the first indy adventure I've ever played :)

AGA

You're silly. Download and play Last Crusade (which imo is better than FoA) and FoA.

LordHart

I only ever remember playing the old Master System game of Last Crusade, and that sucked... is that the version you are talking about?

AGA

There was a platformer one, and a proper adventure game... And they're both available for PC too. I meant the adventure though.

Devlonas

I would love to see the rolling demo.  Is it available at this time?  The URL in this post does not work.

Dev

remixor

Quote from: AGA on Sat 01/11/2003 22:56:29
Last Crusade (which imo is better than FoA)

:-X I couldn't disagree more.  To each his own, though.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

GarageGothic

Quote from: remixor on Mon 03/11/2003 06:43:54
Quote from: AGA on Sat 01/11/2003 22:56:29
Last Crusade (which imo is better than FoA)

:-X I couldn't disagree more.  To each his own, though.

I've always preferred to LC to FOA. In part because I find the Holy Grail much more interesting than Atlantis, and that I prefer creepy German castles to Greek ruins, but more importantly because of the gameplay style. Yes, the three paths in FOA adds replay value, but in fact they limited the player's choice (!). In LC you could choose your approach to the problems on a case-by-case basis, in FOA the choices were dictated by whatever path you selected before leaving the college.

It's a bit like the QFG games. You are meant to choose ONE character class and solve the puzzles with their abilities. I, however, played a thief character with magic and combat skills as well, and went through pretty much all the tasks of all classes within one playthrough. I was incredibly annoyed when some of the later games (QFG3 in particular, I hate that game) greatly limited my options.

But as remixor said, to each his own.

remixor

I agree that many of LC's design elements were very interesting, it's more the quality of each game that does it for me.  The writing in FOA is leaps and bounds beyond that of LC (in my opinion), which was sometimes a bit hard for me to take all that seriously.  FOA just felt like more of an "experience" to me.

AGA

For me, everything after the submarine was boring. ie Crete and Atlantis itself.

remixor

Wow, looking good!  Very slick.

Scummbuddy

very nice and tight page!  great work team.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Darth Mandarb

Yeah ... great, a new webpage.

Wow.

Now give us the fucking game!!!

Just kidding!  That site looks excellent!  Totally fits the Indy theme/look/feel.  Your website developer rocks!  Now I anticipate this game even more!

darth mandarb

auhsor

I'm loving the design for the site. Good work...
Heh, now continue making the game...

Czar

OT
hey miez i saw you made Q3 map of Groznjan... I live near Groznjan :))
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Miez

Quote from: Czar on Sat 08/11/2003 17:55:17
OT
hey miez i saw you made Q3 map of Groznjan... I live near Groznjan :))

Lol - then I may even have seen your house while I was staring down from the Groznjan hill - completely wasted because of the strong liquor they kept giving us and bleary eyed from too little sleep!  ;D

Czar

he he, looks like you've had a good time :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk