No-Action Jackson

Started by cerebrit, Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

cerebrit

I recently finished a project I've been working on.. I would consider it a beta version but it's complete and playable as is.

A website with screenshots and the link is up here...

http://66.96.236.220/noaction/

The download is about 6 megs, TYIA to anyone checking it out.

Cerebrit

Edit:  I have a mirror available now at http://www.talesofinterest.com/no-action/

Das Plans

Hi there!

Just downloaded your game. I only played it for a couple of minutes, but I have to say... WHOA! The looks of this game are fantastic, great, unbelievably funny... From what I saw, the same goes for the animations. I'm overwhelmed with joy.  :D

Pet Terry

Indeed it looks really nice, downloading now... and title is awesome!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Dart

Whoa... the graphics and animation are fantastic; I really like your drawing style. As with Stein, I've only played it for a couple of minutes I already love it. The puzzles are neither simple nor hard, which is what I like most. It definitely shows that you put a lot of effort and time into No Action Jackson.

I'll finish playing this later since I must get going to school.

Awesome job!

Pstonie_work

I'm gonna download this one when I get home. Great site. I love that Bernard-esque character there.

TheDude

Spoiler
"That's 1d4 points of damage at best"
Blue cup monument!!!
[close]

Ha ha, this is an excellent game.

ElectricMonk

Wow! Very very cool. The graphics are excellent, very professional and DOTT-esque. The sound is very well done too, especially the way things get louder when closer and quieter when further away. Also, as a role player, I love the geeky references.

A few bugs I noticed:
Spoiler

- When Jackson moves while talking, his speech moves as well.
- When looking at the War Room sign in the game shop, the status line says "plug in cable" or something.
- I've completed the first mission (getting out of the house) and am now working toward finding my friends. I've just walked into the construction site room when the game crashed with this message: "(Room 13 script line 102) Error: ReleaseCahracterView: invalid character supplied." And yes, it did say CahracterView, not CharacterView.
[close]

TheDude

What's the tag for a spoiler?

ElectricMonk

Click on the "Help" link on top of every forum page, because I'm not sure if this will come out right...
It's [*hide] and [/*hide] without the *s.

TheDude

Scummbuddy

I was wondering where this game went. the vacuum-scene was shown a real long time ago in the critics lounge. I was so excited to play it then. I'll check this out later tonight.

I know other professional games where the speech above the head moves with the character
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pstonie

Played up until the grandpa scene, but I could tell it was great within the first five minutes. Great, great game.
"The reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated." -Picard, First Contact

Ashen

Really nice game, but I found a bug or two.

Spoiler
In the kitchen, if I try to pick up the cutting board, it crashes and says script error at line 1104, AnimateCharacter: invalid loop.

In the laundry room, if I try to pick up the clothes, I get the same invalid character error as EM.

Also, in the Games Shop, if I try to use the cable wire on the glass case at the bottom of the screen - not the main counter one - it says 'That doesn't need any deep cleansing action'.

Oh, and the warning.txt file contains a bunch of stuff - mostly to do with trying to change the character view without having called ReleaseCharacterView first.
[close]

Looks like a lot, but only a couple are really important, and you did say this was more of a beta than a finished product anyway.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Kweepa

Really enjoying it - I'm a bit stuck but I can tell it's going to be a logical puzzle.
Superb DOTT style graphics!
I'd say it's up there with Apprentice for graphics.
Lots of great incidental animation, dialog, and cutscenes.
And it seems to be quite a long game too (several hours).

Thanks, Cerebrit!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Chicky

The screens look absolutly amazing, ohh 90%. I'll post a proper comment when ive played, ohh 100%  ;D

InCreator

Supergood. Found a little bug though:
Spoiler
When trying to pick up walkie-talkie, worker's sprite changes to a blue cup for a moment
[close]

Pstonie

Thought you might like to know of a mention of your game here (alternate).
"The reports of my assimilation have been greatly exaggerated." -Picard, First Contact

Nostradamus

Looking good but I need help!

Spoiler
I got the dice, the comforter and Dexcalibur. Can't do anything now. I figure I need to get Knuckles out of the cage so I opened the door but he doesn't let me touch him. What do I do next?
[close]

simian

To Nostradamus:
Spoiler
You can also find a sheet and a facial cleanser pad. Look at the next bit if you can't find them.
[close]
Spoiler
Sheets on your bed, cleanser pads behind the mirror in the bathroom.
[close]

I need abit of help too:
Spoiler
How do you get the kichen door to stay open so Rufus will go in?
[close]

nickeedoo

This has to be THE best looking game I've played that was created with AGS. It's just those LucasArts style graphics. Just... so... comforting. The puzzles are also fantastic. The whole game. Fantastic. WOW.

Anyways, I've found a bug:

Spoiler
In the Gameshop, if you use the TV or Cable Wire with the hanger, the bedroom window appears. It doesn't appear to do any harm, but looks kinda funny!
[close]

I'm stuck too. I need some help please if anyone has a moment:

Spoiler
I've given Grandpa the cane and got his pocket knife. I've given Grandma the coffee. I've got Thurston out of the shower and got his robe. How doÃ,  I get Mom out of the lounge - I assume I need to make a mess upstairs - but I don't know how.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk