No-Action Jackson

Started by cerebrit, Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

nickeedoo

Speech for this game would make it perfect.

Kweepa

Quote from: Ashen on Sun 09/05/2004 21:32:39
The one problem I saw, if I'm being critical, is
Spoiler
The coffee drink/brownie ingredient is a little obscure. I might've missed something, but it was only a guess that that's what you needed. Maybe if the pedestrian had said something about getting the last ones in the shop, and just beating some old lady to them, it'd made a little more sense.
[close]

Spoiler

I seem to remember that he did say they were the last ones in the shop, and grandma did say the shop was out of her secret ingredient.
But yeah, if you miss those hints first time around I'm not sure you get them again...
[close]
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

TheHotTrout

(Note I haven't added spoiler highlights to this post, however nothing below cannot be immediately accessed once you've escaped from upstairs)
I thoroughly enjoyed this one, the style, the humour, all pitched round about perfectly. The puzzles where good for the most part and completely logical, however a couple of clues wouldn't have gone amiss. I think I spent the most time trying to break the air conditioner outside the dojo so that sounds wouldn't be drowned out by the noise of the fan, maybe add a comment about how jackson thinks he can hear a voice perhaps? another area of much forehead slapping was turning on the dishwasher, everytime I'd press the button, the screen would go away and he'd proceed to tell me that it wasn't on, ARGH!, till i eventually spotted that there was a handle (??) poking out the bottom, oooh that was nasty make the screen not disappear till the player has turned it on so they know that theres something to do there. I didn't have problems elsewhere (except maybe for a little run around when it looked like you couldn't pickup the walkie-talkie after 'dispatching' the worker, but luckily i tried again) but if people are missing clues then you need a way so that jackson can hear\give the clue again, possibly in a slightly different format (however take this last point lightly as missing clues has as much to do with player's ability as it does game design)

Right there you go, all in all an excellent game, if you make a another that's like this that's maybe a touch longer I'd certainly consider selling it however of course free is always welcome! ;D (regardless I hope there's more to come!)

foz

Finished this great game......

Shame about all the bugs.....lots of crashes due to unexpected actions...

such as when grandma`s chopping if you pick up chopping board game crashes..

Apart from this and abrupt ending ...this has to be the best game we`ve seen here...

Attention to the small details is excellent......

It`ll be hard to beat....

How long did it take to make?

MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE...

cerebrit

:D Thanks for the feedback everyone!  I'm glad there weren't TOO many bugs.. (I'll try to fix those crashes in a newer version, perhaps with a German translation.)

but I'm super thrilled with the response here, it's very satisfying to finally have it available for everyone to click through.

I'm trying to take a break from computer-drone status for a while, but I'm anxious to build on what I've learned from this project and get started on some new ideas I have!

Cerebrit

Peder 🚀

This game look really nice!!!! iam gonna play it now :D  :P

aicram

Quote from: Ashen on Sat 08/05/2004 20:26:04
About Thurston:
Spoiler
How do you get hm out of the shower? I've turned on the dishwasher, but he only says running out of hot water. Is there anything else I need to have done?
[close]
Ashen,
How did you get Thurston out of the shower?  I've turned dryer & washing machine one - he says, "running out of hot water" but he's still in there.  Help!

Ashen

aicram:
Spoiler
Are the dishwasher and the washing machine set to hot, and is the washing machine set to large load (click the little slider button to change it)? That should get him out.
[close]
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

aicram

Quote from: Ashen on Tue 11/05/2004 20:45:06
aicram:
Spoiler
Are the dishwasher and the washing machine set to hot, and is the washing machine set to large load (click the little slider button to change it)? That should get him out.
[close]

Thanks Ashen, I'll try that.

Nacho

I am playing it... it's amazing... sorry not to contribute more, I hope this works at least as an encouragement...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

evilspacefart

Good gravy! This game is amazing. DOTT style. Attention to detail, the anims and changes in facial expressions. crap my pants. I'm jealous.  :P

m0ds

Game looks great, haven't played it yet but hope to soon!

I look forward to the sequel, No-Action Samuel L Jackson.

Floco-Zeppelin

guess i found a bug
Spoiler

i played the game once without finishing it, but then i started all over again and when i bought the newspaper form the vending machine, it does not have the healthy food coupon!! i restarted the game and it still does not have it, now im stuck, and cant get another quarter!
[close]

sunshinegold

Quote from: cerebrit on Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35
I recently finished a project I've been working on.. I would consider it a beta version but it's complete and playable as is.

A website with screenshots and the link is up here...

http://66.96.236.220/noaction/

The download is about 6 megs, TYIA to anyone checking it out.

Cerebrit

Love your game.Ã,  Some puzzles are a little hard (like the dishwasher, I am still working on it).Ã,  Is there a bug here because I cannot get it going. I just get the 'it's not on' message.  Does grandma have to be out of the kitchen or something?

Very nice graphics and very enjoyable.Ã, 

Just wished that we didn't have to go through the whole introduction when we go back to a 'loaded' game.

Hope you make a new game soon and as someone else has already mentioned, make it longer if possible.Ã,  A game is always too short when it is good. ;)

Oliver

WHOA! The game is awsome. Atleast what I see in the screen shots is awsome.
My internet connection is too slow to download it thought...6 MB with a 56 kb modem. Not gonna happen. Im too lazy to wait:P

Keep it up, dude!

You got it!

Coming Soon!

sunshinegold

Quote from: cerebrit on Tue 11/05/2004 01:05:35
:D Thanks for the feedback everyone!Ã,  I'm glad there weren't TOO many bugs.. (I'll try to fix those crashes in a newer version, perhaps with a German translation.)

but I'm super thrilled with the response here, it's very satisfying to finally have it available for everyone to click through.

I'm trying to take a break from computer-drone status for a while, but I'm anxious to build on what I've learned from this project and get started on some new ideas I have!

Cerebrit

Please don't take a too long break. :(  Your game even if there were bugs, and although it was sometimes frustrating, was GREAT.

Are you sure you don't have another game hidden in your back pocket ??? ;)

Next one try to make it so that we can go back to a 'load' game faster (without going through all the intro/talking) ;)

GOOD JOB. GREAT GAME.  Looking for next one. :)

Primus

Cerebrit:

I can't do anything else as agreeing with all people here telling your game was simply brilliant. If someone doesn't agree, well, that green little that makes us green... ya knowÃ,  ;)

Where did you find so many too glueing and stucking puzzles? Cerebrit, you made me use too many times my whip to catch again my escaping brains, they went on strike too many times, they asked for alotta breaks, and so on: Well, even Day of the Tentacle didn't seem so challenging!
Had to ask for help, hints, tips, tooooo many times, too!Ã,  :-[

Even the game bugs where really funny, never annoying ones - except once, I don't remember where, the game crashed... Oh, it's ok, I had saved it already. Please, on the final version, place alotta saving slots, ok? They WILL
be needed!

Go on, go on, make more Oscar... sorry, AGS award winners soon, ok?! I'm sure everybody will be glad to have more games which fry and cudgel one's brains again and again!Ã,  ;D
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar)

Snake

Hey, you've done a kick-ass job on this game  8)

//snake thinks it slaps the cats ass

I only had time to play for a few minutes this morning (downloaded last night) and I can't wait to get back to it tomorrow night!

I'll get back to ya,

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Czar

OMG, it is unbelievable how good games go forgotten in these forums (i mean, it fastly goes on the second page, on which is hardly seen).

I had to read in the Inventory about this game.
First I could believe it was from here because ithough, i must have heard about it if it was from there.
Something must be done with this problem, like a top ten chart of games released this week/month. :)

Anyway, I really like the graphics and as i hear, it is teh funny, so i'll be DLing it now.

Live long and stuff.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Happyhelmet

Well I finally completed this wonderful game. Very unique and I hope very well that you will release a speech pack and if not, at least another game as good as this one.

For all of you guys that are stuck on this game, I have created a walkthrough file which can be found below. Thanks again Cerebrit!!

No-Action Jackson Walkthrough
*<@: ) ("Clown Hat, Curly Hair, Smiley-Face" - Cartman, South Park)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk