No-Action Jackson

Started by cerebrit, Fri 07/05/2004 05:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie

All I have to say is that "No action Jackson" ranks number 1 among my favorite AGS games of all time.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Joe999

Quote from: Barbarian on Wed 09/06/2004 07:58:26
Good to know you got this sorted out, Joe.
How's the AGS games working for you so far in Linux?

I havn't had much time to play yet thanks to summer classes. Which, oddly, has made for an odd cross betwean life and art with the plot of the game. But so it's working like a charm, and has been more than worth the time it took figuring out the setup. I'm really surprised that I hadn't heard of ags before, especially given the mix of old-school gaming fans in linux as well as the smaller amount of available games there.

Atlas

Could someone tell me how to keep the kitchen door open to get Rufus in there?Ã,  Thanks!

Great game by the way!Ã,  The humor and writing is all very nicely done!

EDIT:Ã,  Never mind.Ã,  I found the walkthrough posted in the Hints and Tips forum.Ã,  Thanks anyway!

I just finished the game and it was really great.Ã,  I was a little suprised at the end though when it suddenly quit and left me in Windows--it left me wondering if it had crashed.Ã,  Maybe it should put you back to the main menu instead after you beat it.

Atlas

Rj

How do u keep the door open for rufus to get in, i cant find the doorstep, where is it?

Pumamam

OMG, so much Lucas arts goodness.

Very good.

I must finish this.
8)

sunshinegold

Quote from: Rj on Fri 16/07/2004 21:21:00
How do you keep the door open for rufus to get in, i cant find the doorstep, where is it?

You have to go inside the  DoJo first. :)

Jokester

ive read the thread and both walkthroughs, but havent found an answer (despite it being asked several times), so please help:
Spoiler
How do yo get the cat into the kitchen???  I chase it all the way to the door, but then it just turns around and it says that it "has no other options"
[close]
Please Help

Jokester

ooops
I guessed i didnt read the whole forum, missed that last post. sry

smaropapa

Amazing game!Wonderful artwork,story and graphics!Congrats celebrit!Please help me!!!!I'm completely stuck!I've given grandpa the cane.I've given grandma the secret ingredient.I've been in Dojo and Fitness Center.Now when I get in the kitchen grandma sends me out cause as she says the brownies aren't ready yet,in Dojo I can't take the doorstop cause I haven't the walkie talkie and in fitness center I can't make any progress cause I haven't got the glue!The walkthrough is a bit odd.It says ''use the doorstop'' even before getting into Dojo! ??? ??? ???

jddd

Quote from: smaropapa on Wed 21/07/2004 17:32:35
Amazing game!Wonderful artwork,story and graphics!Congrats celebrit!Please help me!!!!I'm completely stuck!I've given grandpa the cane.I've given grandma the secret ingredient.I've been in Dojo and Fitness Center.Now when I get in the kitchen grandma sends me out cause as she says the brownies aren't ready yet,in Dojo I can't take the doorstop cause I haven't the walkie talkie and in fitness center I can't make any progress cause I haven't got the glue!The walkthrough is a bit odd.It says ''use the doorstop'' even before getting into Dojo! ??? ??? ???

I have the same problem. I can't get into the dojo cause i need the walkman but i need the ketchup to get the walkman but i need a dollar to get the ketchup but i can't get a dollar unless i get a brownie which i need the cat for.

How do I keep that door open?! where do i get the doorstop! argh... so furstating

Please help :)

Kediri

jddd,
Have you seen the walkthrough? - It's very helpful!
http://www.agagames.com/agswalkthroughs/soldb.php?cmd=showGame&id=124

Have you tried going into the dojo? I think you can go into the first part of it, where the leaflets are.
Spoiler
Then if you look down by the floor you can see the doorstop
[close]
Try and take it.....
Spoiler
There's a problem because the door swings shut - you'll need to keep the door open
[close]
How?
Spoiler
Push the chair over to it
[close]
Hope that helps - it's been a while since I played this  :-\
By the way there are some good hints on the rest of the pages for this post - if you don't want to read the walkthrough!  :D

jddd

i have looked at the walkthrough but it just sats "use doorstep on door" but doesn't mention where to get the doorstep. i can't go inside the dojo, it tells me the door is locked. i'm sure i'm missing somnething obvious, but i can't figure out what!

sunshinegold

Quote from: jddd on Mon 26/07/2004 07:11:50
i have looked at the walkthrough but it just sats "use doorstep on door" but doesn't mention where to get the doorstep. i can't go inside the dojo, it tells me the door is locked. i'm sure i'm missing somnething obvious, but i can't figure out what!

Get the professor out of Dojo :)

jddd

sunshinegold

Quote from: jddd on Tue 27/07/2004 01:49:29
how?

Use your walkie-talkie on the a/c on the left of the building :)

jddd

but thats it.

i don't have the walkie talkite
i need the ketchup to get it
i need a dollar to get the ketchup
i need to get the cat into the kitchen to get the dollar
i need to get a doorstop to get the cat into the kitched
and i apparently need to get into the dojo to get a doorstop!!!!!!

Nobody you Know

Seriously jddd, if you read through this thread from the begining you'd find most of your questions answered twice, and at least one link to a very very comprehensive walk through.
If you still can't find anything try the Hints and Tips forum

jddd

look, i have read the thread and the walkthrouhg. all the walkthrough says is use "doorstep on door"

it doesn't say where to get the doorstep. it also says you go to the dojo AFTER you let the cat into the kitchen. so why do people say go to the dojo to get the doorstep? i just want a simple answer, if you don't want to help then don't post.

Nobody you Know

The excellent walk through is by Happy helmet on page 4 of this thread BTW

jddd

thank you. i was assuming that walkthrough was the same as the other one. it does solve my problem! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk