King's Quest III VGA - In Production

Started by Blackthorne, Thu 26/08/2004 17:14:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Broomie

Since KQ9.org was lucky enough to get an exclusive new screenshot just to prove we are working very hard on this project, I thought, well, it's a public forum, how exclusive can it really be? So presenting a new screenshot, it's a snow scene! Yes that's right... a snow scene!

Edit: Oops I could have just edited the post above, didn't realise there was 2 pages otherwise I would have seen it. Ah well, they're completely two different subjects anyway.  :=
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

Vel

That looks simply beautiful! Great job, guys!

Blackthorne

Thanks, Vel!  I worked hard on that one!

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

jason

Wow! wow! wow! I can't wait for this one! I never got a chance to play KQ3, and a VGA remake would be a great way to finally play it.

Blackthorne

This is a quick note for all artists who may read, lurk, post etc - and who are interested in working on a professional (hah!) like production....

We're looking for artists that would like to help us create the art for the CUT-SCENES for King's Quest III.  We are working from a script, and we have ideas for what we'd like to accomplish.  Here is a piece of production art I constructed to give an idea of what we might like to do in places in the game.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, PM me or visit our website and contact me, Blackthorne.   The production is gaurenteed to be finished and released, and if you're a Sierra game fan, this will be a fun project.

Thanks....

Bt

LucasFan

Quote from: deltamatrix on Thu 26/08/2004 22:52:26
Don't forget that someone once offered to be a love slave to the creator of KQ3VGA.

Yup, we know. She's a great team member and the driving force of the project. ::)

Blackthorne

Quote from: LucasFan on Mon 13/09/2004 15:40:18
Quote from: deltamatrix on Thu 26/08/2004 22:52:26
Don't forget that someone once offered to be a love slave to the creator of KQ3VGA.

Yup, we know. She's a great team member and the driving force of the project. ::)

Totally.  We have to get paid in something here.

Bt

cpage

I have to say it looks like a great project/remake and I personally cant wait till this one is done.

QuoteThings we're not revealing about the remake.
(5) If there's a voice pack. We will neither confirm or deny this.

Also. I dont know if this has been asked butÃ,  Ã, will it be talkie?Ã,  ;)Ã,  :P

hooplaguy

This re make looks like [moderator removed explative]. Ugly screenshots and relatively low interest in your project. Sorry IA but don't give up your day jobs! I'll be waiting for Tierra to re make this game.Ã,  ;D

Blackthorne

Quote from: hooplaguy on Sat 09/10/2004 18:38:00
This re make looks like ****. Ugly screenshots and relatively low interest in your project. Sorry IA but don't give up your day jobs! I'll be waiting for Tierra to re make this game.Ã,  ;D

Hey!Ã,  Thanks for your support, if it wasn't for people like you, we'd never get this done!

Bt

LucasFan

Why didn't Vel use his own screen name? (j/k)Ã,  ;)

Vel

Because I didn't want to tell you in the face that this remake SUCKS!!!111

j/k, keep up the good work guys

Darth Mandarb

hooplaguy - whoever you are.  That kind of post is worthless, even if you meant it as a joke.

If that's all you have to say, then say nothing at all.

FryGuy

Hey, this looks pretty neat.  I hope you can finish this project.

DAVID KORNBLET

WHEN IS KQ3VGA COIMG OUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW. ???

THANKS DAVID KORNBLET
Quote from: Blackthorne on Thu 26/08/2004 17:14:53
Infamous Adventures is proud to present.....

a VGA remake of the 1986 Sierra classic by Roberta Williams

King's Quest III is the story of Gwydion, a young slave boy in the service of the wizard, Mannannan.Ã,  Yearing to break free from his servitude, Gwydion learns the ways of magic as he explores the kingdom of Llewdor.

SCREENSHOTS:

For more information and such, visit www.infamous-adventures.com .Ã,  Click on the "Projects" link, and visit our forums.

Blackthorne

Infamous Adventures.

Blackthorne

Quote from: DAVID KORNBLET on Sun 07/11/2004 23:37:47
WHEN IS KQ3VGA COIMG OUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW. ???

THANKS DAVID KORNBLET

David,

Thanks for your interest in the project.  We're not sure when the game will actually be released, but we hope that it will be sometime very early in 2005.  Keep checking here, or our site at www.infamous-adventures.com for updates.

Thank you!

Bt

Blackthorne

Hello all,

Just a quick update, and thanks to those who posted about the anicipation of our game.

We're actively testing the game with our Alpha/Beta testing team now, and although it's not near completion, the game is starting to come to life, and most areas are playable.  Getting out all the bugs and finishing the art is the main thing. 

We're working on finishing mostly sprite work and animations, and detail work on the Backgrounds.  If anyone is interested in Sprite Work/Animation, please let me know.  It mostly consists of re-editing AGI style artwork in VGA color images, or edting sprites that I have made, to give them a more finished, polished look.  That said, I'm really exicited, as we have a portrait artist working for us.  His portraits look very nice, and I think they add a great quality to the game.

Here is a little preview of an older version of a portrait he did.  The final verison looks different, but this is just to give you an idea of what's going on.

I'm even getting excited, as I play these early versions and hear the wonderful music that Soup Angel has composed for it.  It is all digital, and it sounds beautiful.  I am convinced that our remake will be great fun for all fans of the series!

Again, if you're interested in working on animations and sprites for this game, we could always use a little help.  Feel free to PM me.  Or visit www.infamous-adventures.com .

Thanks for all the support.  I promise to deliver a good game.

Merry Holidays.  Happy Decemberween!

Bt

holly

cannot wait until this game is in full production.

Cain Aleksandrovich

I've played about with the latest beta-build for KQIII, but I'm not betatesting it(now that I'm officially IA, I can't be associated with beta-testers), but it looks pretty good. I never actually played KQIIIEGA, but this is looking like it might blow the previous KQ remakes away, and not just saying that because I'm on IA, or because AGDI and myself are on icy terms, no bias there... No seriously, it looks great and I've been waiting for the right moment to try to coerce Shawn into releasing a demo. Who knows what the New Year will bring. I'm betting both of the current Infamous Adventures projects will be released, probably KQ3 before QFI, but I can't wait to play either final project, even QFI which is still in early beta is looking cool, it's no secret that it will be more RPG like in that you can fight multiple enemies, and facing three goblins is pretty tough, there's even tactical decisions to be made, such as positioning so you don't get surrounded. In truth, I'm looking more forward to QFI, because I was a massive QFQ fan and because I first expressed the interest in Infamous Adventures for that game. While I must "give props" to AGDI for QFG2VGA(release date somewhere in 2003. No scratch that, 2004. No scratch that...), I think QFI will be much more enjoyable and much more replayable due to the fact that it brings up nostalgia and theres different options even within the same class to obtain the same end and I don't mean through hybriding your character. QFG2VGA looks like it will be a 1:1 remake and wheres the anticipation in knowing how the game ends. I know you'll say," but Cain, you're involved in a 1:1 remake too." I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that more people have played QFG2EGA rather than KQ3EGA, so there will be that element of not knowing what will happen in most cases, I beleive. But I've been hogging all the attention. Why don't you guys stop by our forums( www.infamous-adventures.com/forums ) and talk to the people really running the games, Blackthrone and Klytos. Let's get back to the topic at hand... KQ3VGA roxxxx !!!111111 guys.

- The Artist Formerly Known as El Mariachi
- Cain Alkesandrovich Esquire(gopher and coffee maker for IA)
Ã, - Infamous Adventures SECRET Headquarters
Ã,  -188 Elm Street
Ã,  Ã,  -Cisco, California 90210(not so secret anymore)
Ã,  Ã,  Ã, -USA
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  -North America
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, -Northern Hemisphere
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  -Earth
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, -Solar System 265
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  -Milky Way Galaxy
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, -Universe
P.S. I'll see what other info I can can you as my desk is right besides Klytos and I get the info whenever he falls asleep, but he's been getting suspicious of the sleeping pills I tell him are sugar, so I've got to lay low a while, be good ya'll.

Blackthorne

Happy Holidays everyone.

Here is a small demo present for you all.

Click Here for a KQIII Christmas

Thanks for all your support.

Bt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk