Red Hoody

Started by TomPel, Sun 06/03/2005 15:31:50

Previous topic - Next topic

TomPel

Ok, heres few screenshots of the incoming game:

We are not sure when it`s gonna be published, but autumn is a good time to publish it, so we can get enough time to complete the game. The soundtrack is made by DJ Timer. In "Red Hoody", you will travel over the world to find the stealer of family treasure and a murderer of Red Hoodys father, so the game is about hunting the bad guy, killing him and getting the familytreasure back to the Hoodys family, so its not the redhood from the story books!

Darth Mandarb

Good lord I think people are playing jokes on me ...

TomPel - Read the FORUM RULES and then update your post.  I'm not going to lock this because you have (at least) included some screenshots, but you need to post some information about the game.

I have updated your first post to show the pictures, rather than just linking to them.

TomPel

Oh, sry, here:

I know that in the lower pic grass looks kinda stupid, but its all because of the screenshots resolution...

Totoro

Graphics look simplebut not bad at all :)
But what is this bubble or cloud which has "Yo!" written in it? Is it the main character?  ???

TomPel

Yeah, that red thingie is the main character

BTW, i finished the demo today and you can download it here:

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/RedHoody.zip

It`s just a little thing so you can see the story and... well, music and stuff

Edit by Moderator - Double post combined.  Do NOT double post, please use the Modify button.

TomPel

New screenshot of the winter place:

Trisk

Heyya! Just played your demo! Doesn't look too bad! The little red thing main character is cute, and the music sets a good mood! The graphic style isn't bad either, actually. Couple of things I'd work on:

Look text! I know it is booring, believe me, after doing hundreds of look texts myself, I'm sick to death of doing them, but you can add ALOT of humor to the game, as well as give it a better sense of place and style by adding look text. Without it, the game world seems kinda static and empty.

The game crashes if you click "interact" on Red Hoody, complaining of a missing globalmessage.

You can use the pick repeatedly on the rock on the beach, and get as much gold as you want. Maybe you want this, but I kinda doubt it. If the rock is an object, just turn it off with an ObjectOff command after giving the player the gold.

Finally, make sure you run through the game sometime before release to clean up typos. Whether or not they bother you, they make the game seem very amateur and cheesy to the player.

All in all, looks like an cool idea! I'm interested to find out what happens next! :)

Talk laters,
Trisk

TomPel

Thanks, and yeah, i will fix the bugs ,thanks for reporting. Maybe the look-texts aren`t such a bad idea... ;)

Phemar

I'll look forward to this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk