The Devil's Shroud part 2

Started by snowdog, Sun 12/06/2005 12:38:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dcbert

how and when do i get the burnt cork

passer-by

Quote from: Potch on Wed 22/06/2005 16:05:35
Spoiler
Ok, I'm STILL trying to record the bird voice.Ã,  can anyone help?
[close]
Potch,
Spoiler

When the bird comes from left(your left) at the beginning of the screen, you can record it... Do you have the sound on by the way? It might help(Well, I ask because I usually don't...) .
Or keep clicking on the bird when it appears from teh left until you record it...

I think you have to talk to the bookseller first, and notice how birds annoy him...I remember I couldn't get the appropriate message before i did that.
[close]

Potch

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Spoiler
  I hadn't talked to him enough.  I had had the conversation about the bird call, but not the one about the book.  SO... that's what I had to do.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

marlamoe

Spoiler
I have the book, took a picture of the park, but I cannot get the wine bottle for the cork.  What haven't I done?
[close]

Potch

Spoiler
Everyone keeps talking about following some guy.  I haven't even seen him.  I have the book and I read it.  I went to the park and noticed that the statue was the same.  Went back to the abbey and the police are gone.  Have not been able to take pictures of anything.  I must be really stupid.
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

marlamoe

Quote from: Potch on Wed 22/06/2005 22:22:11
Spoiler
Everyone keeps talking about following some guy.Ã,  I haven't even seen him.Ã,  I have the book and I read it.Ã,  I went to the park and noticed that the statue was the same.Ã,  Went back to the abbey and the police are gone.Ã,  Have not been able to take pictures of anything.Ã,  I must be really stupid.
[close]

Spoiler
  To follow the guy, you first have to see him through the binnoculars at the lookout.  He is in your hotel room.  After that, I belive he shows up where the boy was flying the kite (can't remember for sure).   To take a picture of the park, you have to use the camera on the binnoculars after pointing them in that direction.
[close]

Potch

Oh my god, this game is giving me a headache!

Spoiler
I can't find the hotel on the screen with the telescope, AND it won't let me point it at the park. 
[close]

marlamoe

Quote from: Potch on Wed 22/06/2005 22:59:02
Oh my god, this game is giving me a headache!

Spoiler
I can't find the hotel on the screen with the telescope, AND it won't let me point it at the park.Ã, 
[close]

Spoiler
  The hotel is towards the front of the screen I believe. Don't quote me on that though.  It is a real pain to find.  You will have to pixel hunt with the hand icon like crazy.  You won't be able to take a picture of the park until you have actually followed the guy there.  Good luck
[close]

mags_don

never mind..got it.
OK..
Spoiler
I'm on the train now what? dont know what to do from here.thanks for all the help
[close]

mags_don

Is there a step I have missed somewhere?
Spoiler
I am unable to pick up the pencil beside the journal in the monk's cell.Ã,  Also, I am unable to interact with the wine bottle or cork.Ã,  Ã, I have tried to make a rubbing with the pen and note paper, but unable to try it with the pencil as someone else mentioned before.Ã,  Ã,  Is there something else I need to do??
[close]
ditto here..stuck in same place..can anyone help?

Potch

Mags,

Spoiler
  It's a bit pixel hunt-y to get the cork.  I clicked around the bottle with the LOOK until it said it was a cork instead of it saying the bottle of wine, and then I was able to get it.  I actually wasn't able to pick up the pencil until AFTER I made the rubbing, which doesn't make sense, but oh well.
[close]

Spoiler
Anybody know what to do in the crypt?  I looked at the book, and the thing on the wall.  i was able to click some of the numbers in the boxes, but nothing happened.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

mags_don

sorry i should have clarified, i tried to pick up cork and it says i dont need it. this is the first place i came to after following that guy around.

Potch

Spoiler
  Well, what I did was, I tried to make a rubbing of the picture with the pen in the inventory, and it ripped the paper.  Also, when I read the book from the bookseller, I made sure to click LOOK all over the pages.  I can't think of anything else that I did. I hate that when games won't let you pick up something until you do some random thing!
[close]

marlamoe

Spoiler
how do you open the crypt door?
[close]

Potch

Spoiler
  Someone asked that earlier... you have to light all of the torches.  There are 16 total.  You have to plan out your path though, because if you enter a room that you've already lit, all of the torches will go out.   
[close]

mags_don

Thanks Potch for all your help...i found i hadnt taken the park picture yet..thats why i couldnt get the cork..now im at the fountain..this one is a tuffy but worth wasting time on. ;D..and you are right about doing things in order so as to advance to the next..sometimes it gets frustrating. :-\

dcbert

can someone send me a saved game after following the priest my computer runs to slow

granandboo@yahoo.com

mags_don

Finally finished it!!!!! ;D only thing is...i never did use the bracelet..did anyone else? and oh, i had an extra egg..lol..anyways, was fun but tad hard for me..

Potch

DC, since you finished, can you answer my question about the crypt?

mags_don

Quote from: Potch on Thu 23/06/2005 22:03:48
DC, since you finished, can you answer my question about the crypt?
you have to move the numbers around.
Spoiler
and make one of the dates of the suicides..like say 06/11/2005 but without the slash marks.takes some moving the numbers around tho.took me a little bit to get the numbers in order.good luck!!
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk