Emily Enough: Imprisoned (Version 1.2 w/ Bug Fixes)

Started by Anarcho, Wed 17/08/2005 18:37:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordhoban

Quote from: gummicommander on Mon 05/09/2005 01:46:43
Brightness-- 100%. Contrast-- 100%. Maybe my monitor just sucks, though.
I just finished the game... very good ^_^
Spoiler
Although I don't understand what the blanket, pillow, pamphlet and suicide note were for...
[close]
Yeah, it may just be that. Some monitors just aren't all that good.

sunshinegold

Finished the game and enjoyed it but now trying to help on the hints forum I realized that the SAVED GAMES mode is not working.  I cannot go back to them, the arrows on the right side do not work.

Martina

Hello, this is Martina again,

just wanted to give a short feedback, as with the first version of this game the game crashed when I  wanted to give the money bag or the drugs to Erwin.
Have replaced the file with the "bugs-fixed" version and everything worked fine:-)))
I have finished the game without problems and I really enjoyed it.
Great graphics, I liked the "special" humour and the puzzles.

Hoping for more games from you!

VERY GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miryoku_81

No one seems to have brought this up yet so I don't know if it is just me...

Everytime I save my game, the game uses a brand new save slot which eventually results in me not being able to save at all unless I manually enter the game folder and delete the older saves to make room for new saves.Ã,  I orginally thought this was due to me having version 1.1 but I've now downloaded 1.2 and have the exact same problem.

I can work around this problem by just not saving as frequently or just manually deleting files occasionally but it's an annoying little bug.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying this game so far.Ã,  Good work!Ã,  :)

Found another bug as I continues playing: sometimes the cursor bar at the top disappears which means that I can't access my inventory.  I usually have to exit and restore and the tool bar will reappear randomly.

Anarcho

There definitely seem to be some GUI issues that I need to fix.  I honestly just patched together some code while beta-testing without really knowing what I was doing.  I'm surprised it doesn't explode when you call up the save menu.  Sorry about the frustration, I'll be out of town for the next week but hopefully I can fix it when I get back.

Regarding the cursor issue...you're saying the icon bar doesn't turn on when you bring the mouse cursor to the top of the screen?  I haven't heard that one before...

miryoku_81

Quote from: Anarcho on Fri 09/09/2005 04:31:48
Regarding the cursor issue...you're saying the icon bar doesn't turn on when you bring the mouse cursor to the top of the screen?Ã,  I haven't heard that one before...

Yep, that's exactly what happens.  The last couple of times quitting and reloading the game didn't seem to help.  I eventually figured out that using "ctrl-I" would bring up the inventory so I was finally able to finish the game.

Other than the buggy issues it's a really great game.  And it shows how good your game really is if I wanted to continue playing it despite all the challenges.  :)

Crowley

I've noticed that here and there there are hotspots with no messages when you look or interact with them. For example looking at the men's room door and the phone in Juarez's office.

Rott

Such beautiful screens, and yet the download will not work for me. *sob*

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Rott

lakerz

Just finished playing.  Hey, what's not to like about a game taking place in an insane asylum with a psycho little girl as the main character.  :=  I felt this game really flowed.  None of the puzzle except for one deterred me for too long.  Graphics and sound were ace, especially the main page song.  Overall a fabulous effort worth spending a year and a half on!  Great job!  Please tell me you're at least thinking about a sequel to continue the story?

Anarcho

No, I'm not considering a sequel.  Though if I did, it would probably consist of Emily showing up on her grandma's doorstep, being uncomfortably welcomed home under the subtle threat of murder.  But I'm working on another project that has nothing to do with Emily Enough, so a sequel is not in the works.

I'm glad you like it, and I always appreciate feedback!

Catslight

Quote from: Anarcho on Wed 19/10/2005 14:13:55
No, I'm not considering a sequel.Ã,  Though if I did, it would probably consist of Emily showing up on her grandma's doorstep, being uncomfortably welcomed home under the subtle threat of murder.Ã,  But I'm working on another project that has nothing to do with Emily Enough, so a sequel is not in the works.

I'm glad you like it, and I always appreciate feedback!

Hello, I'm an Italian girl and I'm a member of an italian site dedicated to old games and free games (http://www.oldgamesitalia.com/).
On our site there is also a group,Ã,  GTO,Ã,  linked to the IAGT (Italian AG Translators Group) dedicated to the games' translation. We already translated a lot of game (as you can see here

http://www.legacyofdewos.it/index.php?ind=reviews&op=section_view&idev=1

we would like to translate Emily enough in italian. What do you think about it?

Thanks!
cats

Janik

Quote from: Anarcho on Fri 09/09/2005 04:31:48Regarding the cursor issue...you're saying the icon bar doesn't turn on when you bring the mouse cursor to the top of the screen?  I haven't heard that one before...
It has happened to me - I think that to reproduce this, you need to open the Load Game dialog (I pressed F7) and then Cancel. Afterwards the icon bar no longer shows up (even after closing and re-loading the same game, if you save that game). I presume that you hide the icon bar when the load dialog shows up but do not un-hide it when cancel is pressed.
Play pen and paper D&D? Then try DM Genie - software for Dungeons and Dragons!

Anarcho

Catslight--I think it would be awesome (and kinda funny) if you and your translator group translated Emily Enough into italian.  I'm not sure how you go about doing that kind of thing.  I guess you would need the source files, or the uncompiled game?  PM me.

Janik--ok, thanks for the info.  I really don't feel like fixing this game any more, but maybe I'll scrape together enough enthusiasm for a version 1.3.

Also, the game is now permanently available at my new website: http://www.blendslowlyforarichthicksauce.com/EmilyEnoughImprisioned.rar

I'm developing the website right now, which will feature (among other things) a page on Emily Enough and a page on my next game, which also under development.

Catslight

Quote from: Anarcho on Mon 07/11/2005 23:32:59
Catslight--I think it would be awesome (and kinda funny) if you and your translator group translated Emily Enough into italian.Ã,  I'm not sure how you go about doing that kind of thing.Ã,  I guess you would need the source files, or the uncompiled game?Ã,  PM me.

Done! let me know about it.

ManicMatt

I love the humour it cracks me up!

Nice graphics, I wish it had occured to me to not use black for outlines.

So far the puzzles have been just right.

Threepwood

Hello, first off, this game is really excellent and I've been enjoying it for the past few hours!

I just wanted to post some bugs that I found, even though I just read on page 5 that there will probably not be a v1.3...

Bug #1: When I try to use the "hand cursor" on the plexiglass windows on the doors numbered 1-12, it gives me the [text] plexiglass description *plus* the contents [text] of the Brown Paper Bag Invite from the board above the coffee machine.

Bug #2: I can't seem to load for the life of me... I'm running the game right now ALT-TABBED hoping that it doesn't freeze up because for some reason I can't get the "load" function to work.

Bug #3: I was unable to reproduce this bug, but after I filled the cup with water at the water cooler Emily was unable to move, but I could still click on things. Unfortunately, I had to start over at this point. >_<

Anyway, I just wanted to pop on here and say how much I love this game and the AGS community as a whole. :) Thank you all for keeping Adventure Gaming alive!

celestialroad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk