King's Quest III VGA - In Production

Started by Blackthorne, Thu 26/08/2004 17:14:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackthorne

ATTN:

King's Quest III is calling for applications to beta-test.

Applicants must send me a PM, with a small paragraph about themselves and their qualifications.

Thanks for all your interest and support.  Please PM me for further details.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Broomie

What Blackthorne said but here's the professional way of doing it.

ANNOUNCEMENT: KING'S QUEST III NEEDS BETA TESTERS - PLEASE READ

You thought this day would never come, but the production of King's Quest III has come to the point where the lucky citizens of Adventure Town pitch in and lend a hand to condemn theirselves to the dungeons... the BETA testing dungeons. That's right, Infamous Adventures are looking for eager and experienced beta testers to relinquish their bug finding skills in their brand new, debut adventure game, King's Quest III: To Heir is Human.

Are you who we're looking for? Who knows, but we'll need a little info before they put the names into the sorting hat. If you've got the time and are willing to help in our quest to hunt down those pesky bugs then listen carefully!

What we are looking for are people who are motivated, experienced and have an eye for the linguistic details. Not only that but people who'd spent at least 10-15 minutes on each screen looking, interacting and talking with almost anything on the screen, plus an eye for the details that could even be improved.

Think you're that kind of person? Well, get in line and send them an application with the following details:

- Full Name or Nickname
- System Specs
- Education
- Any experience with Beta testing
- Favourite Game

And last but not least, we'd like to know about you. Write a small paragraph about yourself and why you'd like to beta test King's Quest III, along with the kind of person you are when it comes to testing. Do you tend to cover one aspect, such as concentrating on the spelling and grammar, or do you just go crazy with the mouse looking for the slightest mess up?

Well, we'd love to hear from you. Please send in your applications to beta@infamous-adventures.com with the subject "Beta Testing Application" in the subject title by the 15th of February. Any later, and I'm afraid you're a wee too late, sonny.

Each application will be read and studied, a select few will be chosen so please don't get your hopes up. Each selected member will be emailed soon after so those lucky (or unlucky ones) ones will help in taking up the task of eliminating the scum of the game. Bugs.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

Blackthorne

Okay - the beta testing application period has ended.  I want to thank all who applied for a position - we got a lot of applications!  If you applied, you'll get a response to let you know whether or not you will be testing the game.

As for the rest who may be curious, this means the game is close to being released.  I know I personally have had a great time working on the game, learning many things along the way - AGS programming, art, animation - it's been a challenge, but I think we're going to have a really fun game for people to play.

Thanks to all who supported us - and I encourage anyone who wants to make a game with AGS to go for it - pursue it with tenacity, zest and conviction.  If you work hard enough, study enough and don't die in the process - you'll have a fun time making a game.

I hope our end product is something people will enjoy.  I know I've enjoyed making (and playing it as we progressed in the programming) it. 

Bt

http://www.infamous-adventures.com

Fribbi AGDI joker

That's great news. By the way I think you need to update the KQ3 teaser. But in the end it says the game will come out winter 2005. It could confuse someone right guys?

Sinister

Indeed. It might.. but people are aware that the game is being released later this year. The teaser is fairly old, and i doubt we will update it, it may even be removed.

But for all of those who might be confused, KQ3 is comming soon. STAY ALERT.

Sinister.

Broomie

People also got confused when they were looking for SQ7 in the shops when they saw the expected release date on the teaser 1998. ;)

It's not too big of deal, in my opinion. Release dates get messed up all the time, just look at AGDI (no offense) It's just a few months overdue, if it was alot longer I would probably consider changing it. For now though, it's best left alone.

Anyway, while I'm here I might aswell announce that beta testing has closed and the lucky sods will get their letters of approval in the mail any day now.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
Kickstart Ventures
-------------------

Dexter

I say who cares how long it takes, i would rather have an awesome game then a lame half ass one.

LilBlueSmurf

For anyone worried about the IA site today, we are not gone.  Someone deliberately, or accidently, got into an admin account and trashed the forums.  We got hacked.  Don't worry about KQ3, we still have everything and this likely won't even slow the final stages of production much.  Other than the site being temporarily disabled, we are, and plan on staying, fully operational.

Sinister

I would like to say, King's Quest 3 Remake is safe and that we are all working hard to bring you this game as soon as possible.

The attack we suffered this week did not stop us in anyway, and that soon we will have the site up and running again. Thanks to all the people who have given us their support.

-Sin.

skyfire2

sounds good. i can't wait until it's release.

Trisk

Ditto for me! King's Quest 3 was the first adventure game I ever played when I was a little kid, and I have VERY fond memories of the game. It had a really cool system that hasn't really been done before or since. It'll be great to see how you've brought it up to more modern standards!

Best of luck, and I hope it's a winner! :D

Trisk

Blackthorne

Quote from: Hammerite on Sun 19/03/2006 10:17:47
I bet it was Flukeblake!

If it was Flukeblake, I'll eat my shoe!

Hopefully the forums will be restored tomorrow.  Which sucks, because it's put a bit of a stall on our beta-testing.  I can say the testing was going well - and I really can't wait to release this soon!

Bt

Broomie

The forums are back! Here's just some more random babble about the tremedous return of the IA site and forums. Oh, and we've got a new design too.

We recieved such a blow last month, which resulted in a long time offline.

Yet we don't give up as you can see, we fixed IA and we're back and open for business! We may have had to pay a little extra to get this done, yet we did it for you, the fans. As another thank you for your patience, you'll most likely be aware of the little makeover we've done with the site. It was about time, and especially as we near to the completion of our debut game, King's Quest III.

We have to confess, this has affected the production of KQ3 a tad bit, due to certain data which was needed that wasn't backed up before the attack. However, we have recovered and there won't be any breaks from here. We'll work twice as hard at releasing KQ3 then we did before to make up for lost time so hang tight, we'll get this game to your screens as fast as possible.

Thank you so much for your support and we hope you enjoy the new theme and design. You guys are the best and we admit, if it wasn't for the fans we'd probably have given up on this.

If you've got any problems with the new site or any bugs then please inform me. If you prefered the old forum skin, you can still choose it by going to your control panel and changing the skin set to "Classic IA" if you feel that's the one you love instead.

IA is back baby! Yeah!

Also, read the press release on Beerfest 2006. You get the see real video footage of Bt singing and dancing.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
Kickstart Ventures
-------------------

splat44

Quote from: Trisk on Sun 19/03/2006 06:35:22
Ditto for me! King's Quest 3 was the first adventure game I ever played when I was a little kid, and I have VERY fond memories of the game. It had a really cool system that hasn't really been done before or since. It'll be great to see how you've brought it up to more modern standards!

Best of luck, and I hope it's a winner! :D

Trisk

Hi Trisk,

Funny you should mention that, it was also very first game I played also.

By the way Blackthorne,

I know beta tester selecting is over but if there still some room, I will more than glad to join. If you need any reference, ask Trisk He will tell you.

I am sending a PM just in case.

LilBlueSmurf

Alright,  all the people out there hungry for a new teaser.... here's a taste...

New KQ3 Trailer

I am new to the whole flash thing, so if people have problems please send me a pm, don't muddy up this thread.  Comments are welcome however.

Nikolas

Having worked at ATOTK for quite some time now and I know the answer to my question but still:

HOW SOON? WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASES? WHEN? PLEASE TELL US!

Lovely trailer... Small and perfect! Thanks for this :) :)

And excuse my captial lettering ;D

Iv4n

Woah! So exciting! I like those maps. Though I have some problems with downloading it. At some point it freezes for small amount of time... You might consider to make a download bar or something before the video starts playing.

Blackthorne

Quote from: Nikolas on Sun 28/05/2006 10:21:20
HOW SOON? WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASES? WHEN? PLEASE TELL US!

Well, I don't have an EXACT date for you, but I can tell you that the testing is wrapping up, and we're able to play the game through without any major bugs - so one can start it and finish it with no game stopping errors.  We're still cracking the nit-picks, but believe me - it'll be soon.

Bt

LilBlueSmurf

Okay, I got a number of people saying that they couldn't load the trailer, or that they had a lot of problems with it.  So I have updated the page to include a preloader which will hopefully get rid of everyone's problems.  And here is the link again for people too lazy to scroll up.

New Kings Quest 3 Trailer

Again, please pm me if you have or are still having problems viewing the file.

P.S.  The file is 3mb so it may take some time to load if the server is going slow, sorry bout that.

LilBlueSmurf

Okay....  I have gotten the file down from 3mb to about 800kb, so all the people that were still having problems should now be able to load the teaser much easier.  The link is in the above post.  Same place, just smaller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk