the farm episode one completed

Started by , Sat 15/04/2006 18:39:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Krynge

This game is AWESOME...

I've been lurking for AGEEESSSSSS around here, but this game really caught my eye..

The dark nature of the game is unreal, and the whole concept is pretty original too. Artwork was awesome, as was the music. Also gotta make a comment on the in-game video - ABSOLUTELY WICKED !!!

I know I'm probably being ignorant by not reading older posts or something similar, but if you get time Benedict, I just wanna know two things:

1) What program did you use to make the videos?

2) How long did it take to make them?

Cheers

Confused

I can't figure out the interface for the life of me. Ã, ???

pslim

Helps to read the instructions.  :=

You have to hold down L, T or I to activate looking, talking and interacting.

calacver

Farm was fun, though a lot of the characters felt pasted onto the world. Though that might be what you were going for? I still found it a very original game raising the issue of obesity. Very interesting game.

May I ask how did you do the bgs? You guys are great artists :)

Lexx

One of the best games in here I think. :)

The Videos and the graphic styles are great. Really nice to play this.

Play_Pretend

Daaaayumn.

I got about to the CD-ROM popping open, and I deleted that game.  It was freaking awesome, don't get me wrong...amazing, amazing graphics, interestingly creepy plotline, like playing Cirque du Soleil gone horribly wrong :), and the movies were incredibly well done.

I've got an overactive imagination though, and that game has left me feeling creepy and a little freaked out, hence the early pre-completion deletion. :)  Five stars, no doubt, but ooooooh...goosebumps.  No more playing for me. :)  Or if I ever do play again, it'll be in a brightly lit field with puppies and happy children running around me and bikini models bringing me root beer.  You know.  To counterbalance. :)  Cheers, and congratulations on a masterpiece!

kajlin

wow, it looks interesting :) downloading and downloading and... ;)

loggs

How the hell can i get the sleeping pills from
that bloke ?

steerpike

I've just downloaded this and starting to play it. It looks and sounds superb - in particular, if all your soundtrack is original, then hats off to the composer(s).

There's one bug which I don't think anyone else has posted yet; I found it by accident, and I'll hide it because it's also a spoiler -

Spoiler
You've left a debugging option in - rather a crucial one.
[close]

I'm looking forward to progressing with it.

MYKAYEL

hey everybody!

I've started palying and call me a baka but I'm stuck. I don't have any ideea what to de next.
Here is what I've done so far:
Spoiler
I've coverd up the survaillence camera with the ballons, picked up the sugar, talked to everyone, did everything I could, but now I'm just walking around in circles. I also got the bedsheets clean :P so obvioslly I've got the broom. Anyway, can anyone help me out here?
[close]

Great game by the way.

MYKAYEL

Never mind, I've figured it out. :P

I also know how you can get the sleeping pills.

Spoiler
push the big guy in the fridge and then use the broom on the fridge door to keep it locked.
[close]

I just finished the game. :D Great ending! Looking forward to a sequel.

Spoiler
by the way, the room with the fat guy and all the blood, REALLY CREEPY! Good work!
[close]

piperhcombs

This game is neat. The atmosphere is really creepy, and everything from the interface to the style is quite unique.

I did notice one bug though- THe game crashed when the guards were marching down hall after I was spotted on the surveillance camera. It didn't happen the second time.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

ManicMatt

I'd comment on the game, except the poster of this thread wouldn't read it, it appears.  ::)

miryoku_81

I found this to be quite an enjoyable game with nice atmospheric touches.  The graphics were very good and cut scenes were enjoyable although my computer tended to crash when cutting to them so I had to skip some of them.

I found the interface frustrating, though, as I do not like using the keyboard and mouse at the same time. 

Also, for the part involving the CD player, it would have been nice to have the option of just exiting and NOT playing something...but that's just because I was too lazy to run upstairs and grab some CDs.  Also, upon replaying the game one of the CDs that was acceptable the first time through, was rejected the next time - confusing.

As well, not being able to save over games was quite annoying.  I had to start saving them as "one", "two", "three" because if I didn't use distinct names for each save, I couldn't restore the game I wanted to.  Also - F7 should not be used as a save button - I did this on one occassion thinking that I was restoring a game but I actually saved instead (no problem, though, since you're not able to save over anything).

Overall, quite a good game and considering that I stuck through all of these problems and crashes, it means that your game is pretty good in my opinion if I played through until the end.  :)

CosmoQueen

The download link isn't working.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

loulou

Quote from: kajlin on Tue 23/05/2006 08:43:22
wow, it looks interesting :) downloading and downloading and... ;)
can you tell me how i get out of the cell?i got coins,book,tape,and sheet but i dont know what i have to do.

Vince Twelve

You should post this in the Hints and Tips forum rather than digging up an old thread.  Or even better, using the search function (conveniently located right at the top of the page), I immediately found this thread which is already three pages of people asking and answering questions about how to complete this game.  Most likely your question has already been covered.

For future reference, posting in an old thread is usually frowned upon unless you have a good reason.  Good luck with the game!

pixelblink

Just completed this game. Love the atmosphere. The music goes great with the theme. Everything is fantastic really... can't wait for episode 2 (if it is coming??)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk