Maniac Mansion Mania - Bernard's Room

Started by Khris, Sun 01/07/2007 05:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

BERNARD'S ROOM

DOWNLOAD

This is another (not yet official) installment of the Maniac Mansion Mania series.

It's relatively short and features a totally non-proofread translation by yours truly and two or three inside jokes (one of them being the fact that the game takes place in the way overused Bernoulli house and stars used-to-death character Bernard).

Nevertheless I've put quite some effort into this game, so enjoy it!

(Btw, GetTextWidth doesn't work properly with translated strings but the effect actually looks pretty neat, so I kept it. You'll find out soon enough what I'm talking about. ;))

Jon

A nice, humerous, short Maniac Mansion game, good work!

cobra79

I am not a great Maniac Mansion fan, but I really enjoyed this one. The puzzle design was superb and the difficulty about right.

bicilotti

Two thumbs up, very interesting puzzles

Candle

I can't seem to get to the web site to download it. any other place i can download it from?

Khris

The host isn't down, so maybe it's some firewall issue? Weird.

Anyways: http://d5.daupload.com/d.php?filepath=11221

Candle

Thank you, got it now. my internet is giving me lots of problems right now.

Mould Cheeze

Great game!
But it's a pitty that you can't get the syringe from Chuck's flowerpot. ;)

Mats Berglinn

A really funny small game but there are some things I've been wondering about Bernard's room through the MMM series:

1: Why does Bernard always say that his computer is always out of order and that he had just installed Doors XP, when in some episodes you CAN use the computer?
2: How come the diploma on the wall in some episodes have the text "Eieirkopf" even in English?
3: Does none of the MMM makers realize that Bernard according to Maniac Mansion's intext about him that he is the winner of Geek's Award, NOT Egghead Award? I mean, sheesh, everyone who have played MM should know that (sorry for being harsh but I'm so annoyed by the fact).

It was funny about making Chuck an actual character instead of just a lifeless object as he "seemed" to be. I wonder if it's the same with Chuck the cactus from DOTT?

Saberteeth

This game is so damn awesome, KhrisMUC! Please make more episodes like it. Maybe an Episode 62.1: the Joerney back home(I won't ruin the ending because it's a reason more to play through the game.)

Well done!

Khris

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Mats:
1. Part of the idea of hiding all the stuff in the room was to leave the default descriptions. The DoorsXP comment is the original one used by LucasFan when he published the starter pack.
Plus, a "feature" of DoorsXP is the computer being out of order on a regular basis, didn't you know?
Most importantly, I don't care what happened before in that room. You can't expect me to play through all 60+ episodes again to incorporate every change to B's room since the first episode.
There are some guys like you over at the german forums who'd love to establish a tight set of rules about what can, can't and has to be done when creating an episode. I usually tell them to shut up and pull the stick out of their ass, so go figure.
2. It's extra work to make graphic stuff translatable. The award isn't important and everybody knows what it says anyway.
3. See last part of 1.

Bòógieman

this is a great game, that's for sure  :D
only one room but a bunch full of riddles  :o

I really enjoyed playing it and I hope to see some new stuff from you soon  :-*
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

roll

Download link doesn't work, does somebody have it?

Peter Bear

thank you for this.

Khris : you should update your link in the game page :)

Kind regards
Not much time for gaming neither creating, but keeping an eye on everything :)

Khris

Thanks, fixed link in first post and on games page.

Stupot

I just played this... pretty good, but how many are there?
Is it a deliberate mistake that you've called it game number 62 in the end credits, but everywhere else it's 61?

NsMn

It has something to do with "trouble" involving Episode 6.

Just look it up on the MMM page, Season 7, there you'll find the real number.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk