PLUGIN: Character3D v0.93 (08 May 2006)

Started by Besh, Sat 05/11/2005 18:13:10

Previous topic - Next topic

derboo

Does this work with the new Version?

I've tried it today, only copying & pasting the sample code and model files for starters, but the character doesn't get displayed right. Only it's shape is visible when loading the game, but as soon as it starts, it dissapears completely... wondered if it's because of the new version, or because i made some mistake... Has something to be done that's not in the description?

.M.M.

My character is blue! Maybe it is problem with texture, but he is blue completly, but he is not completly textured.

Layabout

Hi!

Know this thread hasn't been updated in a while.

Any plans for a better model format than MS3d. Not the best model format IMO. Any shader support planned?

Thanks
I am Jean-Pierre.

ncw14

i wan to see how this works but have no idea how to implement this into Ags, someone please help

Mozesh

If memory serves I think there was a demo around somewhere.

.M.M.

Quote from: Mozesh on Wed 27/02/2008 21:50:47
If memory serves I think there was a demo around somewhere.
Yes, it's under download link of plugin!  ;)

ncw14

new to plugins were do i save the rar file for the plugin to even apear as an option

Gilbert

Don't cross posting, you had already posted here.

riseryn

I just find this cool plugin but it seems that there is no news from its author.
Thats a pity because it looks great except the fact that it use milk shape and esculptor file format.
obj file is ,imho, more "universal".

Hope to see further developpement soon and thanks for this great job.

Dualnames

It would be great if you could use blender.. or can you?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Reminder

Hi!

I've just added the code and the views of the Ch3D plugin to my existing game. When I compile, I have the following error:

"FaceLocation is already defined" in  the file "___C3Dplugin"  (I'm not very sure about the file)

I have diferent views for each action (walk, think, idle ...)
The default view (walk) with two default images
The code is exactly from the example.
The character's name is the same from the example.
The example's "data" folder is located in "compiled" and in the root folder of the game

The Demo town runs perfectly.

Any ideas about this error?

Thanks
"With a lot of carefull"

Monsieur OUXX

The demo game (c3d_town) doesn't run fine on my computer.

Everything works perfectly (sound, game, etc.) but if I don't constantly keep the focus on the game's window (for example by moving it constantly) then the display is not refreshed. The game seems not to respond, but actually it is : you can hear the sounds, etc. Just the display is not refreshed.

I don't know if it's an issue with AGS or with the plugin, or with my directX settings.

My 3d card is ATI Radeon Xpress 1150
I've got Windows XP SP3

It's actually with this computer. Most of AGS games don't work on it. But some other do. I'm not sure why. It might be games that use some special screenshot features.

seraphimdreamer777

Hi I've been working on a game by myself for a few years now and I'm experimenting with the 3D character module to see if I want to do my characters in 3D but I get this

GlobalScript.asc(53): Error (line 53): undefined symbol 'cmary'

from

function game_start() {

// create Character3D
cmary3D = Character3D.Create(cmary.ID);
// sets scale
cmary3D.Scale = 1.5;
// enable interpolation on animation
cmary3D.Interpolation = true;

// loads 3D model from file
cmary3D.LoadModel("..\\data\\tentv.emd");
// sets WALK animation and footsteps sound
cmary3D.LoadDefaultAnimation(eNormal, 1, 6, &quot..\\data\\tentv.esq");
cmary3D.DefaultSound(eNormal, 2, 1);
// sets IDLE animation
cmary3D.LoadDefaultAnimation(eIdle, 7, 9, "..\\data\\tentv.esq");
// sets the EXTRA view
cmary3D.ExtraView(7);
// sets an EXTRA animation
cmary3D.LoadExtraAnimation(0, 17, 24, "..\\data\\tentv.esq");
// sets another EXTRA animation whit sound
cmary3D.LoadExtraAnimation(1, 10, 13, "..\\data\\tentv.esq");
cmary3D.ExtraSound(1, 0, 5);

Victory is my destiny

Vince Twelve

Do you have a character named "cmary"?  Are you sure it isn't "cMary"?  Capitalization is important.  When you type in cmary followed by a period, do you get a pop up of all the possible methods and variables (such as ID)?  If not, then you've got the wrong name.  This doesn't look like a problem with the 3D char module.

NsMn

seraphimdreamer777

Sorry I gave up on the plugin and forgot to post. But I think it was because I needed to download Escultor of which I then downloaded but can't get textures to load on it.
Because it crashed my computer every time I tried to get textures.

If I broke any forum rules by forgetting to  post an update on this problem I'm sincerely sorry. If anyone knows why Escultor crashed my Computer I may try again if not I give up. Thank you for your help sorry I didn't post sooner on this.
Victory is my destiny

Triple Sky

i think this plugin is useless for high quality games, because there is no 1024x768 support and AGS 3,1 cannot understand him...only 2,7 version

Construed

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 21/03/2008 11:41:42
Being that you can export blender files as almost any type i think the answer is yes to that one :D

unfortunatley the file is corrupt :(
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Dualnames

Quote from: GrimReapYou on Wed 16/02/2011 02:36:59
Being that you can export blender files as almost any type i think the answer is yes to that one :D

Thanks for the prompt reply. Also all the files are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g86mp5p4748roht
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Construed

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 16/02/2011 06:08:51
Quote from: GrimReapYou on Wed 16/02/2011 02:36:59

Thanks for the prompt reply. Also all the files are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g86mp5p4748roht

Thank you, your the best at preserving ags treasures :D
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk