Mittens 2009: Pre-Planning *Updated 1/25/09* Location Question

Started by Grundislav, Sun 28/09/2008 00:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Layabout

I will, without a doubt, attend as I've already told Francisco.

A large number see convinced that, bring in Miami, it will be Boozittens. I assure you, having been to Miami with Francisco, this probably won't be the case. Although I am definately one for exploring different bars and having a good time with people I like, it will not be a case of spending every night in bars. I enjoyed hanging out at le chateau drinking wine and chatting random bollocks with great people, one thing we didn't have in espana, since we had no common room, a thing we did have in France, and hopefully will have in Miami.

And the fact everything is so far apart in Miami will mean we will either have to drive to bars and have a designated driver, or get taxi's to and from, the cost of which I don't know.

And personally, I am not bothered if we have a beach nearby or not. It seems people want to recreate their favourite Mittens moments. I personally want to have new and exciting things, even if I have been to Miami before.

We must visit Simon and Seamus at the Irish Times though. To be sure.

I am Jean-Pierre.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

2. nobody has to take part in anything they don't want to
3. some people like boozy party nights more than others. nobody is right and nobody is wrong, it is just a difference of opinion.

Thanks for bringing these up, CJ.  Since I don't drink liquor of any kind (or desire to), it would be rather silly to try and 'pressure me' about it.  On the other hand, I'm not going to try and stop any of you from wandering to a bar if you choose to do so (just don't expect me to come along, ok?).

And I'd be on for hanging with CJ the extra time to go to a theme park or whatever, you just have to give me some kind of timeline so I can figure out the train ticket times.  Worst case scenario, I can just buy a ticket there and live with Grundislav for awhile, right?

Right?

AGA

I'm not coming.

Spoiler
lol, I lie
[close]

MrColossal

obviously jess and I will be there, we are fine with anything though we totally prefer a house or some place with a common meeting area. 1 roof to meet under I feel is very essential to social activities and general friendliness.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Becky

Oh yes, and my graduation week is 13th-17th of July, so I am totally up for rollercoastering and themeparking if it doesnt clash with that :)

Dave Gilbert

It's tough to commit so early but I have a definite interest in going.  Janet says she'll come too. :)

Grundislav

Okay, taking into account the number of people who have expressed some form of interest, we're at 20 attendees right now...though I'm sure more people will probably express interest, and I'm sure others will drop out, as it happens every year.

Just to give you guys an idea of the type of house you can expect, this one seems pretty nice.  Even though it says it sleeps 18, I'm sure we can work some magic with sofas and air mattresses/sleeping bags, just like any other place we end up staying at.

Becky

That house looks all sorts of amazing, and pool and private beach as well?  Very yes!

Simple

This is only about two hours from my house.  Let's see what kind of excuse I can come up with now.
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

MrColossal

one quick trip into the future later:

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It has a pool table.  What more can one want?

Simple

Quote from: MrColossal on Tue 30/09/2008 00:36:46
one quick trip into the future later:

Ooh, that'll do nicely Coslossel!  I'd consider coming out just because it's so close, but I've been so out of the AGS loop that I'd no longer no what to expect.  We'll see as the time approaches.

Pumaman

Quote from: Simple on Tue 30/09/2008 12:44:31
I've been so out of the AGS loop that I'd no longer no what to expect. 

It's just a week of debauchery, orgies and exchanging of friendship bracelets. You'd fit right in! ;)

abstauber

I'd like to join you too!

Is the last week of July still valid? Unfortunately my boss wants my vacation plans 2009 next week.   :-\

Simple

Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 30/09/2008 19:24:24
Quote from: Simple on Tue 30/09/2008 12:44:31
I've been so out of the AGS loop that I'd no longer no what to expect. 

It's just a week of debauchery, orgies and exchanging of friendship bracelets. You'd fit right in! ;)

Oh, I'm considering it.  I'd just feel slightly bad that I disappeared from the community for god knows how long and then turned up to drink everyone's beer and feel up their girlfriends.  (Or boyfriends.  I'm not sexist.)

We'll see.  I'm sure it'd be fun...maybe once I actually have some of the new Vales in the can I won't feel like such a freeloader.

Ishmael

I'm interested, but I have no idea yet if I can actually make it. I'm working on that though. I'm not that much a theme park person, but I tend to manage to have fun most of the time anyway, so anything seems fine with me plan-wise for now.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Miez

I'd love to attend "Mittens 09 - Miami Vice Edition" ;D

Matt Goble

Colour me interested.

;)

PS: Before I forget again, this is why I was unable to make Brittens this year:

And yes, I am well aware how stoopid I look.

toonaholic

Pesty

I will be there, much to the chagrin of many. I would also prefer a house, but I refuse to share a room with any boys, as I do not want to catch your stinky cooties and cootie shots have been restricted to infants and the elderly this year.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk