Mittens 2009: Pre-Planning *Updated 1/25/09* Location Question

Started by Grundislav, Sun 28/09/2008 00:29:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

Quote from: Becky on Mon 03/11/2008 17:55:21
Those dates are perfect - I'll be 21 on the 23rd as well so wheeee!

Yay - we get to celebrate a birthday, Mittens-style!

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Grundislav on Mon 03/11/2008 11:08:41
I'm planning on having it be the standard Mittens length, one week, most likely from Wednesday to Wednesday.  This means July 22-29, 2009.  Are these dates good for those interested in attending?

Not sure I'll be able to get a flight ... I'll have to check. :P

Pumaman

Those dates would be fine with me, except that as I understand it that'd be the first week of the school holidays which could make flights and stuff quite expensive... would it make any difference to anyone if it was pulled back a couple of weeks earlier?

Becky

Well I'll be graduating 13th-17th and unable to come those dates so as long as it's before or after...

Radiant

I'm planning on having it be the standard Mittens length, one week, most likely from Wednesday to Wednesday.  This means July 22-29, 2009.  Are these dates good for those interested in attending?

Well, yes, but I'm wondering why it's not simply a weekend-to-weekend affair? Take five days off from work, get a nine-day holiday :)

Grundislav

Flights are usually cheaper mid-week, that was my basis for that.

MrColossal

Can you update the first post with anything new please? Finding the house link you linked to would be easier!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Ryan Timothy B

Vacation? Interested?
I'm always interested in a Vacation!

It's also too bad you aren't going in January or something, winter sucks here, and Florida is prime time in January :P

DutchMarco

Just to inform that I'm available all year (with the exception of this week-long wacky holiday ;D I'm going to, of course) so I don't mind when said wacky holiday will take place.

Stupot

When's the best time to book a flight?
Out of interest I had a look, and if I were to book a flight now for late July it would be around £600.
To those people who know, is it likely to get cheaper before it gets worse?  Is there a kind of window of opportunity for cheaper flights?  Because £600 is ever-so-slightly out of budget for me :(

I'm seriously thinking about turning up this year though.

Layabout

Your best bet is around 2 months before or 4 days before. (but that is pure luck waiting that long) I'm not sure becuase of the timing of it, but it should be around £450-500. And in my experience, American always seem to be the cheapest airline. Yes they have some pretty unattractive and rude flight attendants as well. But who cares when you save about £100?
I am Jean-Pierre.

DutchMarco

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 03/11/2008 21:24:01

Well, yes, but I'm wondering why it's not simply a weekend-to-weekend affair? Take five days off from work, get a nine-day holiday :)
When I'm going, I'll  extend to extend my stay a bit, like the Americans (and I believe also the Canadians) did with their stay in Paris with last Mittens. Just browse around Florida a bit, try not to run into/over skunk apes.
I should add that those (like most) date are fine by me.

monkey0506

I can't believe I managed to miss this, but I could almost definitely make it to a Miamittens...so long as I can get the time off work. That sounds awesm0eâ,,¢.

Matt Goble

Well, the chances of me making itdropped quite considerably when the nice man from British Gas told me i will need to spend about £3000 getting my central heating replaced...

:'(

Maybe 2010...

Pumaman

Who needs heating, just move to Miami!!

Matt Goble

Quote from: Pumaman on Mon 29/12/2008 23:32:34
Who needs heating, just move to Miami!!

Heating is not a problem - you just wear more jumpers - but lack of hot water coming out of taps is a slight issue.

Explaining to my boss why I'd be late into work on Monday, his response was "So... basically... Matt... You Smell..."

Bill was closer to £4K...

:o

Pumaman

You know of course that all he really needed to do was turn a valve from closed to open to fix the problem, but instead has managed to charge you £4K to replace the central heating ;)

Matt Goble

I knew I should have contacted you for a second opinion Chris

;) ;D

Layabout

Christopher (Chris) Jones is a licensed plumbing contractor with more than 30 years plumbing experience.  Chris has operated his own plumbing business in the Pilbara and Gascoyne Region since 1992 and has been appointed by the Minister as a person with knowledge of and experience in the plumbing industry. He is a current member of the Small Business Development Commission and is also a Justice of the Peace.

Taken from http://www.plumbers.wa.gov.au/Pages/Board/Membership.html
I am Jean-Pierre.

Grundislav

Bump again.

I've been asking around, and it's time to finalize some dates.  It seems that airfare skyrockets starting July 1, so I was thinking of accommodating everyone and holding Mittens from Monday June 29 to Monday July 6.  This means the 4th of July holiday will fall over the last weekend of Mittens.  Also, some people have expressed interest in going to the theme parks.  It's possible to go on Tuesday the 7th and stay overnight in Orlando at a cheap hotel, then come back down after a day or two depending on which parks you guys want to go to.  It's a much better idea to go mid-week than on a weekend to the theme parks, because they will be less crowded. 

So, does anyone object to these dates?  If not, they will become the final ones.  I've already sent an email to the house rental people, and am awaiting a response.  If I can have solid dates it would be better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk