Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt Ezz

ok i now this is an old post but
can you walk around in this 3D world

Dualnames

Quote from: Cpt Ezz on Fri 03/04/2009 07:04:30
ok i now this is an old post but
can you walk around in this 3D world

Not really. The module takes 4 images stiched together and creates the illusion of a box room.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

uswin

Hi, Steve
Thank you before, this module is very awesome.

I encountered a problem while using your module,

I'm currently making a game using 640X480 res
and I got a cylindrical panorama images from

http://www.jcwilson.net/greenwich_park_flat.jpg

I followed your manual, and resized the image to 2560X480
and when I compiled the game, this is what comes up?

any solution steve ?
is there any instruction that i forgot to follow ?

Thanks

Kweepa

Bug fixed - was due to new high resolution coordinates in scripting.
Also allowed the module to work with Ags 3 without fiddling with settings.
See the first post for details.

http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/tech/Panorama15.zip

Thanks for the bug report, uswin!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

uswin

wow, thanks steve, i'm definitely gonna try this !
;D hopefully you will improve this module even further such as spherical panorama, hehe.
you are in my credit hot list ;D mr.steve

uswin

Since @OVERHOTSPOT@ at the text label gui didn't work anymore when using this module so i added a few line in globalscript repeatedly_execute

String location = Game.GetLocationName(Panorama.GetBackgroundXForMouseX(mouse.x),
Panorama.GetBackgroundYForMouseXY(mouse.x, mouse.y));
  if(location=="")
  {
    lblggstatus.Text="";  //lblggstatus is the name of my label on statusline gui
  }
  else
  {
    lblggstatus.Text=location;
  }

I will try to stick around your module, and i will inform you if i found something or having trouble with something. thanks steve

LimpingFish

Glad to see you're still supporting this, Steve. :)

It's a shame that more games don't utilize this excellent module. It really is easy to use, folks!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Kweepa

Your £5 is in the post!

Dualnames

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 03/07/2009 18:47:30
Glad to see you're still supporting this, Steve. :)

It's a shame that more games don't utilize this excellent module. It really is easy to use, folks!

Indeed, but I just don't want to make a fpa..that's all. Indeed one of the ,if not the best, best modules around here.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Vukul

Let me once again thank you, Steve, for this awesome module. I'm currently working with it and can't find out such thing:
How can one regulate player facing when he travels between rooms?

I mean, when you leave room, you retain the facing, though it can cause some glitches:
like you clicked the door, which was only partly visible, and move to another room not looking in the way like you've just come there through the door, but glaring into the blank wall, which is highly unrealistic.
So, is there any variable that contains or regulates the "player facing"?

Kweepa

Absolutely!
Just call, for example, Panorama.SetAngle(90.0); in your room's "enter room before fade in" script.

Here's a more useful snippet, for a room with two entrances on opposite walls:
Code: ags

if (cEgo.PreviousRoom == 1)
   {
     Panorama.SetAngle(90.0);
   }
   else
   {
     Panorama.SetAngle(270.0);
   }

Steve

Vukul

That's it! Thak you, Steve! :-)
I thought it was of some relevance, but didn't correlate it...

That's just great!

Brad Newsom

Curious, has there been any progress in allowing full 360 degree movement yet? I was thinking, maybe to do such a thing, instead of scrolling, we could render a 3d sphere and place a spherical texture over it. With hotspots place like the 3d modules.

Would this be possible? I'm currently going between engines right now seeing what my best bet for a 360 engine would be.

Kweepa

Quote from: Brad Newsom on Mon 03/08/2009 07:11:02
Curious, has there been any progress in allowing full 360 degree movement yet? I was thinking, maybe to do such a thing, instead of scrolling, we could render a 3d sphere and place a spherical texture over it. With hotspots place like the 3d modules.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
(a) Full 3d look around. This can be done with the Ags3d plugin in a similar manner to this module: render a cube map, and place 6 textured boxes around an immovable player. I made a demo of this a couple of years ago and the effect was quite convincing. A module-only approach is possible but would be painfully slow - two orders of magnitude slower than this module. I suppose it could be optimized a bit with say 4x4 pixel blocks which would bring it more in line speed-wise, but it would probably be pretty ugly in that case.
(b) Actual 3d movement through the scene. Not really possible with anything I've got, except perhaps some simple blocky scenes like in Ags3d.

Kweepa

I put a couple of hours into option (a) with the 4x4 block option.
Here's a demo:
http://www.kweepa.com/step/ags/tech/Panorama3dDemo1.zip

Let me know if the performance/quality is acceptable!
I can fix the black lines by modifying the skybox texture's wrapping.
Steve

Dualnames

Let me know if this is correct, we can emulate fully a 3d room? Look at the ceiling, down on the floor and that stuff now?

Kweepa

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 07/08/2009 20:00:09
Let me know if this is correct, we can emulate fully a 3d room? Look at the ceiling, down on the floor and that stuff now?
Yup. Just try out the demo program!

LimpingFish

Whoo! This is looking sweet already, Steve! :D

I'm getting a very high fps at the current resolution, more or less the same as the with the older module.

Hopefully a 640x480 version will get a similar comparable speed.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Kweepa

Brad Newsom

Quote from: SteveMcCrea on Thu 06/08/2009 05:21:35
Quote from: Brad Newsom on Mon 03/08/2009 07:11:02
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
(a) Full 3d look around. This can be done with the Ags3d plugin in a similar manner to this module: render a cube map, and place 6 textured boxes around an immovable player. I made a demo of this a couple of years ago and the effect was quite convincing. A module-only approach is possible but would be painfully slow - two orders of magnitude slower than this module. I suppose it could be optimized a bit with say 4x4 pixel blocks which would bring it more in line speed-wise, but it would probably be pretty ugly in that case.
(b) Actual 3d movement through the scene. Not really possible with anything I've got, except perhaps some simple blocky scenes like in Ags3d.

Definitely speaking of A. I state 3d modules because that was the only way to simulate spherical mapping. What I wanted to do,  was have a 360 view and use video for movement transitions. Similiar to 'the Journeyman Project 3'.

Anyways, with the new Panorama 3d. You have just become my new Savior! :D Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk