OROW: One room, one week competition. By the Numbers by AJA Won!

Started by Bulbapuck, Sun 18/07/2010 16:26:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonkyth

"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Cuiki

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 24/07/2010 14:08:18
...2 days running and i've had no time for AGS  >:(

I may have to scream 'EXTENSION!' tomorrow.
Yeaaaah, please make a one day extention :'(
I know it's a one week game, but still..if it's possible..in any way...

Also, I think I need someone, who isn't making a OROW game right now and is able to do a bit of not too advanced scripting, because I'm very new to this and I cannot learn how to script in one day. I know it's my fault, but I'm in dire straits right now so I'm asking for help. I have basically all the graphics, story and puzzles worked out, though. Please PM me if you're interested and have a couple of hours to spare.

Found someone.
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Chicky

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Sun 25/07/2010 00:55:36
I am also doing badly and will not be finished in less than 24 hours.. sorry.

In the same boat, sailing into oblivion. An extra 24 hours would be nice, seeing as i didn't get started until Tuesday  :P

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

tzachs

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sun 25/07/2010 00:54:40
Not gonna happen this time.  Found out a bit late, got side-TRUCKED, then started watching The IT Crowd.  Sorry, no magical entry from me this time ;(.
Now that's a good excuse, that show is awesome!

btw, all of you who won't make it in time to the OROW, you can take your unfinished entry, stick something sciency in it, and you have 5 extra days or so to put it in the MAGS (so I won't be alone in there  :'()...

Chicky

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 25/07/2010 13:04:14
Quote from: ProgZmax on Sun 25/07/2010 00:54:40
Not gonna happen this time.  Found out a bit late, got side-TRUCKED, then started watching The IT Crowd.  Sorry, no magical entry from me this time ;(.
Now that's a good excuse, that show is awesome!

btw, all of you who won't make it in time to the OROW, you can take your unfinished entry, stick something sciency in it, and you have 5 extra days or so to put it in the MAGS (so I won't be alone in there  :'()...

Haha! Already have the science theme implemented as a failsafe  :=

...and the new season of the IT crowd is brilliant!

Bulbapuck

Sorry guys, but I can't give an extension. :( I can forgive a couple of minutes but that would be it.

To those who haven't submitted yet: About 6 hours, 26 mins remaining

Hurry! :D

AJA

Done and done. What a relief. Can't write more. Than three words. Per sentence today. Gotta get sleep. Looking forward to. Playing other entries. Shutting up now.

LimpingFish

Nope, I'm not going to make it. I've run out of creative juice. And I'm not very happy with what I have done, anyway.

But that's OROW, really. You dive into it and hope for the best, and seven days later you either have something or you don't.

And I don't. :'(

I might try putting a band-aid on it and entering it into MAGS.

Good luck to everybody else, though! :D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Tiki

Ishmael

An interesting week it has been. Looking forward to what it brings our way tomorrow (or today, depending on things and stuff) :)
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Chicky

My entry will be complete in a day or two, and posted in the MAGS thread  :)

Dualnames

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 25/07/2010 22:43:46
My entry will be complete in a day or two, and posted in the MAGS thread  :)

Or else death will ensue. A slow one. Yay chicky!! ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

Nah, for once i can say that with confidence.  :)

Cuiki

Ok, me and Ultra Magnus are also gonna make it..most likely....
It's the matter of minutes now...
Hmm..it's kinda steep. But with a sled I can slide down the slope.

Bulbapuck

That's great Cuiki! And great you too Chicky! Looking forward to both of your games :)

In other news: I don't have the strength to keep myself awake for another hour. So I'll post the games and set up the voting first thing tomorrow. Sorry..

Bulbapuck

Here are the games: http://shutupload.com/dl/861e6cc9d9a8/ :D A total of 9 entries was reached, which is absolutely excellent. :)

I'll be setting up the voting now.

Bulbapuck

Here's a link to the voting page: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGxkQng4Y2dfeVRobi01ejVETDlnQ3c6MQ

Voting will be done in 5 categories: Best game, sound, graphics, writing and design. But you don't have to vote in every category.

I would like to thank everyone who participated for making this such an awesome competition.

Now I'm off to play some games :D

Chicky

Badass, nine new games to play  :D Cheers guys!

*edit: Almost through them all, lovely variety! In 'The Stones' the game ended early after the line 'It's a key, i wonder what it's for', went strait to the ending line. Hopefully this isn't the end as it's a good contender!

Dualnames

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk