Blackwell Deception - Launching today

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 02/12/2010 23:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

Quote from: Ethan D on Wed 25/05/2011 20:26:28
Quote from: Buckethead on Wed 25/05/2011 07:41:02
I've read your comment on the poster of The Philanthropist and I think you kind of did the same thing here. It looks great nevertheless

The poster for The Philanthropist was made a while back and this poster was made before I announced my game, so any similarities are purely coincidental.

It definitely looks great Dave.

Oh sorry I didn't mean they are copied from eachother or something. I meant the comment Dave gave on the other thread. How the characters on the poster look too serious for the tone of the actual game. I think the same thing is true for the Blackwell poster here.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 27/05/2011 12:25:27
BTW, an interesting change this time around is that I finally bought a legit microphone.  No more accidentally blowing into headset mics!
Oooo. That's the best news yet. ;)

Dave Gilbert

FamousAdventurer77

Looks awesome so far-- can't wait til its released!
If you want to know the Bible's contents, just watch Lord of the Rings or listen to the last 8 Blind Guardian albums. It's pretty much the same thing.

Dave Gilbert

Another screenie, just for kicks:

theo

Good to see this project is moving along! I'm looking forward to its release.

Btw, you should put ben on doing paintovers of your backdrops. A couple of minutes of sweet ben304 love and they'll look a lot more polished color and light wise.

Dave Gilbert

For those of you interested in the voiceover side of things, indiegames.com did an interview with Rebecca Whittaker about her experience voicing Rosa Blackwell.

Dave Gilbert

vertigoaddict

;D Joey cracks me up, these sound great, the actors chemistry is great, the mics were worth it.

When and if I get a job, I'm gonna save up for these mics!

Dave Gilbert

theo

Sounds great! a kickass lead cast to say the least.

MiGo

Hahaha! Love it! The Voices are great, and the addition of the awesome cast picture is just downright classy. :)

Dave Gilbert

The ironic thing is that Abe and Rebecca perform together all the time, but for Blackwell they have to do the VO recording separately.  Still, the way those two play off each other is brilliant.

TheRoger

Is that Adam from mythbusters? Or he has two identities  ;D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Sounds like the mic was a solid investment.  Those lines are clear and you can hear the subtle inflections in their voice and tone much better now.

Dave Gilbert

Thanks!  I think it mostly has to do with that the actors are standing up and can really use their diaphragm to emote properly.  It's especially apparently during the more "intense" dialog exchanges.  With the headset mic, they'd usually sit down and speak quieter than normal to avoid peaking out! 

Speaking of which, I recorded the last lines of both Joey and Rosa today.  Now I just have to record... well, everybody else.

-Dave

Dave Gilbert

Bit of an update.  The game is fully programmed, all the backgrounds and portraits are in.  99% of the animations are done, and most of the music has been composed.  Beta testers are in the midst of playing and replaying the game ad-naseum to find all the bugs, and I am dedicating this entire month to fixing them and adding voice acting.  All of Joey and Rosa are recorded and imported.  The rest of the cast is coming in to record over the next two weeks.

We'll be officially announcing the game, along with a release date and a trailer, on September 14th.

david

Hey this is Grrrreat news, it is my birthday that day!  :D
looking forward to the releasing day

Buckethead

Did you just set a release date for your release date?  :=

Anyway, I'm eager to check it out!

Dave Gilbert

Did you just set a release date for your release date?   :=

If it's good enough for Ubisoft, it's good enough for me. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk