Blackwell Deception - Launching today

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 02/12/2010 23:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

ddq

I'm assuming Deception won't require a constant internet connection as part of its ludicrous DRM, like Ubisoft likes to do?

Dave Gilbert

Just received the very last animation from Ben today!  Importing it now.  This might actually get done.

The animation is of (spoiler warning) Rosa sitting down in a chair.  How's that for epic?

Calin Leafshade

Now you need one of her doing the hokey cokey.

Dave Gilbert

Work is progressing!  The game is 100% asset complete and we're testing it ad nasuem.  I keep getting about 4-5 pages of bugs every time I test, but the bugs get progressively more and more nitpicky.  We're nicely ahead of schedule so I don't foresee this game getting delayed.

In the meantime, here are some preview audio clips for you:

Rosa talks to a detective named Durkin, played by our Grundislav.

Joey chats up a lady ghost in a nightclub.

Rosa learns a bit about her past from an unusual man

Buckethead

Good news!

Is the the ghost lady voiced by The Ivy?

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Buckethead on Thu 01/09/2011 13:47:00
Good news!

Is the the ghost lady voiced by The Ivy?

Nope.  She's voice by Sarah Elmaleh, who also voiced the computer in Gemini Rue.

BLUEKNIGHT38

Excited about the next chapter in the Blackwell Series.  I have enjoyed everyone so far and expect the next chapter will be entertaining, also.

It's nice to hear that the project is on schedule.  Alot of work go into producing quality games.  I would rather sufficient time be spent working out all the bugs than having a game just thrown out there with all it problems.  Thanks for all you and your teams hardwork!!  I don't think enough positive praise is expressed by people today so that's why I am
expressing my.  Thanks so much!!!

Grim

I'm very excited about this game too! I only played the Convergence nad some demo before that but I find they're very easy to get into and great fun.

An idea for the future- while Blackwell games obviously have their very special atmosphere and stick to certain rules set by previous installments, it'd be interesting to see a darker, scarier version of the game. Like with Batman- there were some Batman stories suitable for all ages  but there were also some that pushed gore and mature themes to the limits...

I know very well now that adventure games fans aren't really after that sort of thing and commercialy it's safer not to tread on this whole "18+ games territory"... but I'm still curious what it'd look like to have Rosa and Joey in a over the top spine-tingling horror story... ;) I'd call it: Blackwell: Bleed Well.... No, that's crap. But think about it, Dave!:) (I'll do the graphics for you, right?:))

Dave Gilbert

Hah.  Well, Rebecca did have an interesting idea during our last recording session.

I get what you mean, though.  It's not so much that it's more popular (I mean, really, since when are old-school pixel adventure games popular anyway?), but it's a writing style that I'm more comfortable with.  I could make a game more violent, I suppose, but it would just be gratuitous and there wouldn't be any real thought or technique behind it.  My talents just don't lie in that area. :)

Unlike you, Grim.  Your stuff scares the crap out of me.

Dave Gilbert

Hullo!  Sorry for the bump. 

We're going to be announcing this on Wednesday and we're going to release a demo at the same time.  If anyone would like to take an early crack at it, drop me a PM.

-Dave

Saren

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Mon 12/09/2011 20:47:38
Hullo!  Sorry for the bump. 

We're going to be announcing this on Wednesday and we're going to release a demo at the same time.  If anyone would like to take an early crack at it, drop me a PM.

-Dave

My head just exploded with awesomeness. Can't wait to try it out!

Turtiathan

That is a nice looking game. I am interested in trying it out.

Quote from: Saren on Tue 13/09/2011 08:09:49
My head just exploded with awesomeness. Can't wait to try it out!

sounds violent

Dave Gilbert

We're good to go with testers for now.  We're releasing the demo (and officially announcing the thing) in about two hours. 

Dave Gilbert

Just wanted to let everyone know that this game is NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!  There are two deals available.  

One is a DVD set which contains the soundtrack, audio interviews, and ALL FOUR Blackwell games.  

The other is a regular download.

Both pre-orders give you immediate access to the previous game in the series, The Blackwell Convergence.

You can find more info on the Official Site.  There, you can download a demo and check out a teaser trailer.

WHAM

I have payday tomorrow...
I haven't played any of the previous games...
The DVD comes with all the previous games as well as the new one...

Hmmmm, I can see a pattern emerging!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

TheRoger

Whaaa? 180mb demo? Hmmm...I guess this is some quality stuff...Anyway congratulations on finishing this, I've been waiting for ages...well since the release of "gemini rue" to be precise  ;D

EDIT: I had to play it....Now I'll have to wait full month, if I want to know what happens next...thank you curiosity : (

arj0n

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 14/09/2011 18:40:02
The DVD comes with all the previous games as well as the new one...
Pre-ordered. Couldn't ignore such deal.  ;)

Huw Dawson

Damn fine demo. Gets me excited about AGS and indie adventure games again. Well done!
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

Dave Gilbert

You know, it's been waaay too long since we had a fanart contest.  With this game coming out soon, it seems like a grand time to have another one.

The rules are simple: draw, paint, or sketch any character from a Wadjet Eye game, which includes "The Shivah", the "Blackwell" series, "Puzzle Bots," "Gemini Rue" or "Emerald City Confidential."  Or even one of our old freeware games if you can remember back that far.

The top three winners will receive free DVD copies of the game.

The three runners up will receive free digital copies of the game.

Every other entry will receive a small consolation prize just for entering.  

(If you have already pre-ordered the game and you win, you will be given a refund)

This contest starts NOW and ends on October 7th.  For examples of previous entries, you can check out the Wadjet Eye fan stuff section.

Remember that nobody will leave the contest empty-handed, so send your stuff our way!

-Dave

ddq

Would elaborate cosplays count as fan art? :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk