AdventureX 2011 roundup

Started by , Tue 01/11/2011 23:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Finally met CJ!!!! Mods makes a great host

m0ds

Haha! Packing up now, typing before I shut this PC down and go home, thank you to everyone who came today! Much more mellow and I had a lot of laughs... Great to meet everyone, and see people return :) Shame some people never came... Anyway, thank you guys. Straydogstrut... kicking myself for not knowing it was you (by your forum name) but thanks for coming, hope Didcot treated you well - and thanks for the christmas card!! And LOL Baaaa! Im a Murran goat woman!!11 And thanks Nathan, good to finally put a face to the name - teh chick.. Glad you had a good time too, Jimbob... It was quite nerve racking especially saturday, but the worst part is trying to remember all the new faces...but thanks for coming! What was your real name again? Pls? :P

Full report soon, but first, pack up, go home, smoke spliff, then deal with all this and that. There are a few online winners one of which is Armageddon, woot! So yeah, a pic from today:

Matt kindly demos Entrapment so that I can take photos, Ali and his missus Nelly Cootalot take a look, Gary Chisholm (Magintz) obviously more bothered about what I'm doing than awesome adventure games  := More soon

Chicky

What an awesome day, really eye opening how professionally fellow members are working. Ali''s speech was jaw dropping (Nelly 2 OMFGZ1!!) this man is going to be famous, there's no doubt about that. The guys from Infamous Adventures have some serious commitment to Space Quest and it shines through in their remake. I partook in reminiscing with Tier, over times neither of us could really remember. Some fantastic playing from Simon Loveridge and hilarious team adventure gaming, with live voice acting! There was loads more, i met some more AGS folk, Magintz, Technocrat, Azure, Mods, and probably more without realising!  :=

Anyway, great day. Thanks to Mark, great show. It totally made my Christmas.

Azure

I  had an awesome time, thanks everyone for making me so welcome. Once I get my PC back I will upload more pics and stuff. I tried about 3 times to catch some of the live VO but missed most of it, did get some footage of live game playing though.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

Ali

Thanks for organising this, m0ds. I had a really fun day too. It was great to meet up with you guys, see our bionic overlord CJ in all his brushed-steel glory and have my Space Quest nostalgia rekindled by the Infamous Adventurers. Nelly won a prize and I got to talk self-indulgently, so we were both satisfied.

Most importantly, I learned that Simon Loveridge and Mark Lovegrove are not brothers as I had previously thought. Apparently the people of Oxford are keen on surnames detailing the places where love occurs. So it was educational too.

cat

Too bad I couldn't be there :'(. Thanks Azure and Gary for twittering. Looking forward to see more pics and videos!

Armageddon

I won? I won something? Woo! ::) Looks like a lot of fun, wish there wasn't this huge lake between us.

Cirius

Thanks for everyone making me feel so welcome on Sunday. I was disappointed I couldn't make the whole weekend, but relatives do have a tendency to make their presence known at Christmas.

It was great to finally put faces to names and vice versa, and my apologies to Nelly for almost covering her with coffee at our first meeting. Ali's speech was thoroughly inspiring to everyone, and I got an opportunity to meet a lot fascinating people.

Overall, I feel quite inspired. One of these days I might actually finish making something.

I'll be putting together a few words on the event over the next few days for www.thereticule.com, so I might be messaging a few people with a couple of questions, if that's ok.

Once again, thanks to Mark for organising the event, and I hope to see you all next year, if not before.

Nick Wheeler

Broomie

Hey everypne, had a great time and it was nice to meet and see some of the work from other developers as I rarely get to check the quality of games that comes out around here so that's given me more incentive to check these forums more often.

Thanks for the great feedback on Space Quest II. Glad you all enjoyed it and it was awesome to see your combined effort nearly completing it. And that you enjoyed the many deaths of Roger Wilco too! Or endured, I hope the latter.

I have got videos of all the speakers on the Sunday. I haven't been able to go through them all but the video and sound quality are fantastic. I'll hope to cut them down this week sometime and do an individual video for each talker and put them on Youtube for all to see as they're not to be missed.

Thanks Mark for organizing this. Hopefully we'll have another meeting next year and I'm not promoting Space Quest II again because it still isn't out!
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

Tenacious Stu

Hi Guys

I just wanted to say that it was nice meeting you all. It was a shame I couldn't be there on the Sunday too, but I really enjoyed myself nevertheless. I thought that people should have had name badges with their forum names on as I probably spoke to people I would have known from the AGS forums, but didn't realise!

If your wondering, I was Stuart Lilford who was plugging Lightbulb Games, Entrapment and the Bake Sale and throwing my business cards at everyone.

Thanks as well for the feedback from Entrapment. People seemed to enjoy the game and it got a few laughs, which was great. I also had the chance to see some great games in development. Let's hope that they get finished ;).

Quote from: Technocrat on Sun 18/12/2011 08:34:52
The main theme of yesterday's festivities was "violence against women". Also, prizes!

Yes, I hope that there is nothing psychological about the fact that both our games featured attacks against women in some form.

Quote from: straydogstrut on Sun 18/12/2011 11:21:32
I'll have more of a nosey round today, but the ones I saw that were playable - The Rail, Entrapment - were fantastic imho.

N'awww thanks very much.

Looking forward to next year!

Thanks for organising the whole shindig Mark  :=

Stupot

I'm stoked that this was a success and genuinely wished I was there. Should definitely be an annual thing.  Looking forward to the reports and what-not.

Dualnames

I has paidz for ticket at home, and i requirez NUDEZ AS PROMIZED.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

theSynapse

Hi there,

First post ever! Go me.

Good to meet you all this weekend and to play and chat about games. Definitely fell inspired to do something (but I'm asking a technical question over in that forum!), someday. I promise I won't announce until it's actually going to become something! ;-)

This is Tom by the way for those of you at AdventureX.

Cheers Mods and looking forward to the next event. Remember what Neil said - it's all about marketing!

Cheers,

Tom

Edit: m0ds - if you PM me with your email I'll endeavour to get the photos and film footage that I took with my iPhone to you.

Calin Leafshade

Broomie

Yep, I've got all of Sunday's talks including CJ, Ali and others. Will upload them soon.

As for Saturday, I believe m0ds and some others got them.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

theSynapse

I Have some footage of that bloke at the end with his keyboard. Will have to send it to m0ds at some point fit integration into the video.

m0ds

@Chicky: Thank you for gracing the show on Sunday, it was great to finally meet you! Hopefully see you at future meetups that aren't too far away :) Have a great christmas!

@Azure: Glad you had fun, thanks for tweeting! Didcot not only looks like Steel Sky occasionally, if you stand in the wrong street you'll also get lazered and killed.

@Ali: Great to have you both there. You gave a very funny speech, sorry I couldn't stop giggling. So I'm wondering what happens when you guys get married, does Cootalot become Nelly Beckett-King, and is that the name of the third game? :P Thank you for taking note of all us Love-somethings...

@Cat: Videos and pics in newsletters over the next few days, but the entire lengthed vids make take a little while longer. Also hoping these can be seen by the ticket buyers such as yourself first. Thank you for supporting it though all the way from your home country.

@Armageddon: Yes! You won a copy of Gray Matter. More on this in a private email very soon!

@Cirius: Thank you for coming, didn't get to speak to you much but I'm glad you got involved and from what I could see you didn't have trouble speaking to people. Perhaps we'll see you at the next! In the meantime, good luck with making a game!!

@Broomie: No problem - it was very good of you guys to come down and be as enthusiastic about your project as you were. Sorry I didn't get you on the stage earlier but it was great to see a crowd around your demo table all day. Thank you to Jack too for videoing on Sunday and the both of you just generally being good spirits at the show!

@Stu: Great of you and Sam to come along in your bright blue (cup) lightbulb games t-shirts... I really loved that! I hope we'll see you both promoting at future events, and of course wish you all the best getting Entrapment complete for the Bake Sale. Certainly a great thing of you to get involved with a giveaway for charity in the early days of your business? And, it was fun to read your customized Simon the Sorcerer DVD case ;D Thanks for making an epic drive from Walsall!

@Stupot: Be there next time! Or, don't - either way, you still won a prize! Tales of Monkey Island to be precise. Bet you've already got it? :P

@Duals: YEZ U PAYD NOW SHUT^ GO FINIZ PASARJ O SANTS...!!1/12304 NO PRESHUR EGSEPT LOTS LOLOLOL

@theSynapse/Tom: Glad you had a good time, great that you were an active speaker in terms of questioning our guests, they said the discussion was tip top. My mum also says thank you for acknowledging her sarnies, ha! Good luck getting started on a project, good luck marketting it - and if you want to send me anything, just hit "reply" on one of the newsletters and it will be emailed directly to me :) Perhaps we'll see you at a future event!

PS. Whoever left all those Pringles and chocolate bars...I'm not sure if you meant to, but THANK YOU! NOM ;D

m0ds

Very nice!! Thank you sir :) Ooh look a quote  :=

Jimbob

My name is James Riley. And I'm sure I sent you a demo of my game... :P
Current Project: A Hard Day's Knight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk