MAGS January: "The Pub" (WINNER)

Started by Atelier, Tue 03/01/2012 17:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

-

Sane Co.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong going on, but I wouldn't know, I'm only doing music.

Icey

I promise there is nothing going on here. No cheating no nothing.

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Tue 17/01/2012 20:44:04
Hm ok. Icey actually set the theme: "Create a game where the hero is given a quest by someone in a Pub then leaves to go and do what he was tasked to do." I altered it a bit, but those words conveniently fit almost exactly with the premise of your game, so the whole thing will remain suspicious.

Damn it! I thought it just had to have a pub in it!

I may or may not be in MAGS this month.  :-\

WHAM

I played around with an idea of the player working in a small inn in a medieval countryside and having to throw out rowdy customer so he can close the inn for the night, but I just haven't had any time to do more than scribble ideas in notepad. :(

There would have been a pass-out drunk knight who would have threatened you with a sword if you'd disturb his sleep, a "Strider" waiting for some "hobbits" and a pretty young lady unwilling to leave unless with a hansome man... *sigh*
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 18/01/2012 19:11:39
I played around with an idea of the player working in a small inn in a medieval countryside and having to throw out rowdy customer so he can close the inn for the night, but I just haven't had any time to do more than scribble ideas in notepad. :(

Man, you still got eleven days  ;) Go for it! And have some cute wenches in it, no entry has mentioned them so far!

Note to self: Draw cute wenches.

Tabata

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 18/01/2012 19:11:00
Damn it! I thought it just had to have a pub in it!

I may or may not be in MAGS this month.  :-\

Quote from: Atelier on Tue 17/01/2012 20:44:04
...I altered it a bit, ...
Quote from: Atelier on Tue 03/01/2012 17:21:48
Create a game featuring a pub, bar, or club in some way. The pub could be a visited location in the game, but if it's not, reference to the pub and it's importance in the plot/action of the game is sufficient.

That's the point for you to hold on!

... and the following of course ;)

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 16/01/2012 02:27:40
I should have a screenie up before Friday.

Waiting for your MAGS-game to come 

Ghost

Ponch, chill down, you're safe:
QuoteCreate a game featuring a pub, bar, or club in some way. The pub could be a visited location in the game, but if it's not, reference to the pub and it's importance in the plot/action of the game is sufficient.

To be honest, my first idea was about an actual PUB raising from the ground, grabbing a CLUB and then going on a quest to save a KID speaking in foreign language (DUB). It would've been called Grub's Master Quest and would have been very awesome.

PUBCLUB KIDDUB was the alternative title. Sounded a bit like poopdeck though.

Radiant

Quote from: Studio3 on Tue 17/01/2012 21:56:04
I promise there is nothing going on here. No cheating no nothing.

Dude, in the last thread you stated you wouldn't work on MAGS games for awhile (which even Sane Co mentioned was a good idea). And now, less than two weeks later, you are working on a MAGS game, pretending nothing happened. Breaking your word, that's what's going on here.

I need to find a bigger :facepalm: image macro.

Ghost

To be honest, I've been looking at this thread for a couple of HOURS now and wondered if it would even make sense to comment on the whole situation. I'll just write it down, okay? It's not bashing but I also think that I *can* speak my mind on the forums.

At the end of last months MAGS there was a discussion of forbidding S3 to enter MAGS for a while, but it has been nodded at in a non-commiting way, and there was no visible "conclusion". Icey himself said that he wouldn't enter this MAGS- maybe that was seen as the end of the whole affair.

I see hardly any difference between "entering MAGS" or "entering MAGS as part of a team". And honestly, the whole THING looks like a setup. The theme might as well have been "Mak me a teh Pupmaster Quest game". It's clear that anyone who enters a theme for MAGS will pick something he/she considers interesting. I did it, others did it. But the current trend doesn't sit too well with me.
Personally I always saw little sense that someone would set a theme and then enter the competition. I can't say if it has happened often; the first time it was obvious was the OSD MAGS by Icey, which really was full of custom rules. Not to stretch a point, but setting a theme means I play out ideas and prepare, it's like setting a challenge where I can make sure I have an edge.

Anyways, that's how I see things- we once again have a situation where things are a bit uneasy: as has been said by Atelier, the theme is suspiciously tailor-made, and really, what's the deal now?

Icey

I won't work on a game of my own. But I said I would help those who needed it. That part never changed. And seeing how my own friend asked me for help that gives me more of a reason to help him. Once again this isn't my game and I did keep my wordl Both of them.

Also Ghost are you saying I set this up from 2 months ago? lol I am totally not that smart you know. Mog may be with me but it's up to him to pick what he wan't for the next MAGS just as it is for everyone else who might win.

ddq

Icey

Wouldn't that make you the bad guy in this story?

Also what's tailor-made?

ddq

I am Jeremy Irons. This is Tailor Made. Yes, I watched "I Love New York 2".

Ghost

Quote from: Studio3 on Thu 19/01/2012 01:15:56
Also Ghost are you saying I set this up from 2 months ago?

No, that's not what I said. I said that this month's theme is tailor-made* for you, as the creator of "Pub Master", because its rules are to create a game about someone given some task in some pub, which pretty much is the plot of the Pub-Master games. And then you entering the competition, with a team.

It's like me setting the theme to "make a game about a girl trapped in a haunted house where there is a daemon in the attic... I will enter too, I *might* have an idea..."

----------------------
* as in "made to perfectly suit you"

[add]
And this is not meant to start yet another row.

Icey

Oh that makes perfect sense now. That is why I said I wasn't going to enter cause that right there would be like cheat as of course I have the upper hand. But this game Mog's game is more of a mini game. It's not canon at all in the PMQ or the PMQ.Legends series. I mean we haven't seen Ponch's game yet but from what I have seen your game looks/sounds really good. Anyone has a chance in this MAGS so long as you have the main character go to do something that he was tasked to do by the PUB.

It doesn't have to be some grand Final Fantasy adventure, it could be a simple "go to the bath room and clean up all the mess that was made before the time runs out."

Sane Co.

One question that one needs to ask is how much influence from icey is being put toward Mr. Mog. If his role is more than he and Mr. Mog claim, then there should be action taken. But if Icey is actually only doing backgrounds I think that that is fine, if you have an objection you should have brought it up when Icey said he was availible to help.
By the way, how do I get the music to Mr. Mog?

Icey

I don't know why he never be on sometimes. Just PM it to him or you can send it to PMQ2project@gmail.com

Khris

How is being part of a team that enters a MAGS game different from entering MAGS?
Are you really this thick? I'm not insinuating that you're deliberately trying to circumvent your being banned, but you are banned, so GTHO of this thread and the competition.

There's no way we can tell how much of this game is actually done by icey but I'd say ban it from entering anyway, if only for being thick.
After seeing Moogle's coding skills in the Beginner's thread it's a pretty safe bet that icey isn't "just doing the backgrounds".
Please let's not turn this into another back-and-forth, ban them and be done with it.

I'm sick of putting up with his shit. He needs to cool off until he manages to post in a way that doesn't generate angry facepalming all around, all the time.

Icey

Mog may ask me here and there for a little more assistance but only a little cause he is brand new to AGS. The game isn't even all that to tell you the truth. Just 3 small simple levels. Stop throwing in your negative 2 cents in all the time please. I am not even upset so if there was anyone here that was mad then I mean hey I can't control how people feel especially if there getting mad over text cause text can not always display emotions.

And it wouldn't be right to ban it from the comp. Is that why no one asked me for help? cause hey thought it would put them in jeopardy?  :(

Oh and that's another reason why most of my help goes to mog's game is cause he was the only one who asked me so why shouldn't I help him a little more over someone else?

Now let's leave it at that and get back to the MAGS cause I wanna play these games when there done, real talk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk