[ ON HOLD ] King's Quest 4

Started by Karens, Sun 15/01/2012 09:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Karens

Thanks!, that's really nice to hear. I know not everyone is crazy about amateur 3d, but I suppose people in here are slowly getting a bit more liberal as to AGS 3d graphics:)

smaug

I believe it depends on how the 3D graphics are executed. I, myself, am primarily a fan of VGA graphics, but the sheer beauty and talent with which you have created your graphics, have won me completely over! And I am sure I am not the only one!
I am afraid you do not qualify as an "amateur", though, as your graphics shine with professionalism throughout..!

Tabata

Quote from: smaug on Wed 04/07/2012 10:16:49
And I am sure I am not the only one!
+ 1

I mostly don't like the 3D graphics in AGS-games that much,
because I am a fan of the old school pixel pushers and what they are able to create.
But what you are coming up with is awesome!

Karens

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, the old VGA and pixel graphics were really charming and beautiful in their own right,
taking that into consideration it makes the compliments even better I think,, heheh ;)
It won't be long now till we release our first test demo, and I hope we'll get some constructive criticism for that one so we can make the final release even better.

smaug

So a demo is forthcoming? That is VERY exciting news! Is there any chance you can reveal something about what the demo will contain..?

Karens

Just a few screens, (the deserted island with some tweaked puzzles),

Corby

Hey, looking forward to trying that demo. Good luck!

smaug

My summer vacation is upon me, and I would love to spend some of it on a deserted island..!

Karens

Thanks! It's not ready quite yet, but hopefully in a month or two.

smaug

Is it possible to have a small status report on how the production is going?

Of course, I realise that the glorious weather we have enjoyed in Norway, this summer, may have slowed the progress down somewhat...

Karens

Hi, sorry for the late reply!, haven't been here in a while,

yes, we are still going strong, but the summer turned out to be somewhat of a...yes, vacation:), so there has been a temporary stop in production.
Mostly all work is done for the demo, but sadly it takes time to program it all, and since I only do art, sound and animation, everything needs to be checked and synchronized via email correspondence, and that takes time too, so yeah, it might still take a couple of months Im afraid :(

smaug

May the programming fly along, swiftly, like an eight legged, four winged, two horned unicorn..!

splat44

Actuall, I played all KQs from Sierra! This one is great and screenshots are excellent! If you need beta testers, I'll be more than glad to help as I did some work in the past in AGS community!

Karens

Heee haw!,. .thank you Smaug! heheh :)

and sure, I will let you know Splat, thanks for that :)

a few updates;

smaug

As always, beautiful and incredibly faithful adaptions of the original screens..!

Karens

Karens

a little update on the game, (still working hard to get the demo out soon),

the castle of Lolotte and the swamp,

Frodo

Very beautiful!  I love your artwork Karens.   :cheesy:

Karens

Thank you! that means a lot! :)

Tabata

... and again some really wonderful backgrounds - all those details - WOW!  :shocked:

The swamp with all the different plants and play with light/shadow is awesome.
The only thing I don't like that much (might be because I don't understand) is the soft shining around the towers on the pic in the middle.

It's always a big fun to watch your art.

Thank you for showing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk