The Cat Lady

Started by Grim, Sat 01/12/2012 09:33:54

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Quote from: Sgrondo on Tue 07/05/2013 02:37:36
The italian version will be online 9 May on Zodiac.

Meraviglioso! :-D

(not that I can pronounce that)

Italian version is exclusive to Zodiac Store and available here:
http://www.zodiac-store.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=621

Many have asked for the music, which is currently all available in digital format (from our website and the artists) and now we have a unique collectors album for those who are interested:

...and possibly coming soon to iTunes, Spotify and many others.

see "CD Soundtracks" page

The Fool

OK, I'm slightly drunk now, but that trailer looks amazing. I need to play this one.
And music is brilliant too.
-----
Bought, downloading, ready for feels.
:)

The Fool

Liiitle, different (okay, a lot different :D) than what drunk me expected, but still solid portion of creepiness and nightmares :D
:)

The Last To Know

Finished the game last night. I think it was really good. Although I didn't like the beginning much, the game got better and better over the time. My personal highlight was the scene in the "Maniac Mansion". I can't believe nobody here mentioned this before. ;-)
Now I have to search my old harddrives for my Downfall-Download which I bought years ago (or so) on the wadjet eye site and never played. Because after finishing The Cat Lady, I want to know what happend in Downfall. :-)

jenimad

I bought the newest soundtrack (I've had the other one since I bought the game when it first came out) and I've been enjoying it. It's great to have all the songs in one place~
Just...
Probably the most superfluous spoiler question ever-
Spoiler
Does Track 13 have a name? Just to satisfy my curiosity/for when I put the CD on my ipod.

...sort of wish there was a picture of the album cover floating around for the latter too, but I can always use the original soundtrack's pic if it bugs me too much.
[close]

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Sgrondo on Tue 07/05/2013 02:37:36
The italian version will be online 9 May on Zodiac.

It should be called The Giallo version.

m0ds

Ascovel: Ha! Crime and fiction mystery eh :D

Jenimad:
Spoiler

Thumb War

And FYI: The digital version will also appear (on iTunes, Spotify etc) with the main "Cat Lady" title picture, rather than the one on the CD cover.
[close]

Igor Hardy

More like disturbing surreal horror fantasy branch of Giallo with the popular Giallo themes of madness and alienation.

jenimad

Mods:

Spoiler
Thank you so much for the track title- those silly little details like that drive me nuts- and for going above and beyond by posting the cover art!
[close]

Sgrondo

@Grim: i appreciated a lot the game, so my only question is: Are you making another game now? If not, if you are taking some rest, have you already some idea for the next one?

m0ds

After some request, Downfall drm-free with OST:

http://www.quiethavenhotel.co.uk

Only £2.22 until the end of the month. And as we have a promotion on, here are 3 keys for The Cat Lady on Desura :) When they're gone they're gone:

Spoiler

08r4gy84tng
53j6405984y57h
g034yh3890t532
[close]

an Urpney

Quote from: Mods on Sat 08/06/2013 02:04:30
After some request, Downfall drm-free with OST:

http://www.quiethavenhotel.co.uk

Only £2.22 until the end of the month. And as we have a promotion on, here are 3 keys for The Cat Lady on Desura :) When they're gone they're gone:

All right... I hope I won't regret not waiting for Quiet Haven deal :)
Spoiler

- My download link says v1.4. Wasn't version 2.0 the newest one?
- Hope that those nasty bugs (multiple shotguns, broken 'Surrender' endings) are gone? :)
- Is it possible to generate a gift code? I'd like to make you a little campaign on GOG, just like with The Cat Lady :)
[close]
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

jenimad

Yay, I've been looking forward to the Downfall release ever since I found out it came with a soundtrack~

Spoiler
Hidden for whining/venting. ^_^;
Unfortunately, Paypal hates me and it always 'hangs' during the checkout process- doesn't reject my card or give an error or anything... I just can't submit the credit card info and the page endlessly refreshes.
It's the weirdest darned error because I bought The Cat Lady album when it came out, as well as The Cat Lady from the same site with no problems.
Tried three different web browsers, tried waiting a day or two, tried using a different computer- no dice. 
So my only conclusion is that Paypal is being persnickety and I just have to wait and hope (Maybe it doesn't like that I'm in the United States/there's a currency error? I don't even know at this point).
...but enough of my whining. Suffice it to say, as soon as I can, I'm going to buy Downfall.
This has been a useless rant, but it made me feel better XD  Maybe the world will decide to make me look like an idiot and the problem will solve itself because I ranted about it in public.
[close]

m0ds

Urpney, 1.4 is the version Rem wanted me to sell saying he thinks its the most intact one. No idea on previous version numbers myself, sorry. I'll PM you in a few days about a promotion. The deal is for Desura key, it's pending approval there at the moment. It won't be possible to get the soundtrack via Desura. I'll be happy to upgrade you and other customers of the DRM-free copy (via S7) to Quiet Haven deal in due course (and for free).

jenimad, sorry to hear that. As you say, it's likely a PayPal issue of some kind OR perhaps you have some settings preventing secure pages/requests to be loaded or something? Sometimes "https" pages can be blocked, though I have no reason why. Like you, I couldn't log into my bank on various occasions, just getting a blank screen when it was trying to load a https page. Through trial and error (or just waiting) it started working again. You might want to check PayPal is in your firewall exceptions.

an Urpney

Quote from: Mods on Sun 09/06/2013 17:49:50
Urpney, 1.4 is the version Rem wanted me to sell saying he thinks its the most intact one. No idea on previous version numbers myself, sorry. I'll PM you in a few days about a promotion. The deal is for Desura key, it's pending approval there at the moment. It won't be possible to get the soundtrack via Desura. I'll be happy to upgrade you and other customers of the DRM-free copy (via S7) to Quiet Haven deal in due course (and for free).
The one I had was 2.0, currently sold at GamersGate :) It removes save\load\exit parts form the game screen, fixes multiple shotgun bug near the end and adds one really nasty bug (crash due to a missing variable) near in one of the endings. One you sell keeps the GUI elements on screen (I don't mind them) and fixes both those nasty bugs, so it's far superior to the one I had :) It still has few typos \ syntax mistakes ("I can't use X on the Sophie" or suspension points expressed by number of dots other than three) and one walk behind area problem, but I guess you have to look for those to find it :) I know no update is currently planned, but if you ever decide to release 1.5, I'll be happy to send you a more detailed list :)
For now, thanks for bringing Downfall back!
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

fire

Mods, is there another way to buy from the Screen 7 site? The current PayPal checkout is consistently broken for me. Or, if I could somehow PayPal you the money directly and get the games.

m0ds

Sorry to hear that. Not currently no, sorry we don't have other options - but it may be some issue their end this week as you're the second person to ask! This has happened once before (multiple people saying they can't checkout) and it resolved itself in about a weeks time if I remember correctly. So do try again soon, or do you suffer this with ALL paypal usage (outside of Screen 7)?

If you want Downfall, you can also get it from Wadjet Eye Games or GamersGate, and they'll have some non-paypal format I'm sure. Also, Cat Lady is on Desura (does not require paypal) and Downfall will hopefully be by the end of next week too (fingers crossed) but I'm sorry the OST's don't come with Desura-only copies.

Are you having the same issue as jenimad (see above) ?

PS Urpney, thanks for the detailed info! Good to know. Let me know if anything goes horribly wrong!

PPS I worked on the French (subtitles) translation provided by Hervé last night, and it's stable. That reminds me, I need to post for some help on tech board now....

fire

Quote from: Mods on Tue 11/06/2013 21:12:48
Sorry to hear that. Not currently no, sorry we don't have other options - but it may be some issue their end this week as you're the second person to ask! This has happened once before (multiple people saying they can't checkout) and it resolved itself in about a weeks time if I remember correctly. So do try again soon, or do you suffer this with ALL paypal usage (outside of Screen 7)?

[...]

Are you having the same issue as jenimad (see above) ?

No, just here. I checked a couple of places that do work, and their PayPal checkouts have a "cmd=_express-checkout" and the Screen7 checkout has a "cmd=_flow". So, I figure it's a country/currency issue like jenimad suggested, or the checkout method giving me trouble.

I wanted those OSTs, yeah, and I'd rather buy direct. I'll cross my fingers that it fixes itself. Thanks, Mods.

m0ds

Thanks for the info. My business is too small to have express checkout at this point I'm afraid, it comes with its own prices and unique challenges. Always a gamble that whoever you use someone is going to have an issue of some kind. I'll try and look into it over the next couple of days, both how other merchants have solved issues like yours and jenimad and also at the feasibility and cost of upgrading to express checkout. Hopefully find some solution or yes the gremlins in the cmd=flow machine will sort themselves out :)

jenimad

I don't know if you changed anything yet or if Paypal just stopped being difficult- but I tried to buy Downfall again and it worked this time :shocked: Sorry if there was any hassle- that was all just the -weirdest- problem I've ever had paying for something (I still don't know what the heck was wrong).
...I bought Nancy too while I was at it  :smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk